Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
F
F
Nothing wrong with protecting yourself financially and I wouldn't worry about the balance in that regard either. Yes it is important in some cases, but like Azzork said you do whats best for you and the kids and take what you need. You never want to just cause an argument for no reason, but don't let it go at the expense of protecting yourself.

An example would be having a huge blow up fight over who gets the nice spatula from the kitchen. Avoidable and pointless, it can be replaced easily. Now the other side is caving where she wants 80% of the finances and leaves you with 20%, you stand your ground on that one.

But if it ends up being 52%/48%, who really cares.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
D
dday Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks fogg.

This is just so depressing to do. Feeling very lonely today. Wish I could go back to sleep for a few hours. Historically this weekend for us Luke most everyone was decorating the house, cutting down a tree, etc. Today, it's just me and a tv. Rough one

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
P
P
Anyone you can reach out to dday? Any way that you can make today into a good one?

It's one of the hardest battles we face on the DB journey - making lemonade out of pile of (censored)!

What do you think? Is there anything you can do for yourself so at the end of the day you can say, "Today was going to be awful but I have this small win in my back pocket now?"

I hope so.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
D
dday Offline OP
OP Offline
D
W wants me to put papers in the mailbox while she is out today. Yuck. Should I leave a note with it, or just let it be? She knows how I feel, so I doubt a note would help anything.

3 boys
P
P
Originally Posted By: dday
She knows how I feel, so I doubt a note would help anything.

Sounds like you know the answer to this one already.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
D
dday Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kinda what I was thinking. Still looking for the magic potion here, I guess.

3 boys
A
A
What EXACTLY would you say?

D
dday Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That I am sorry for my part in our M having problems. That the past doesn't have to stop us from having a future. I miss her. I love her. That if she wants a r, then she should try. Not worry about what anybody says or thinks. Or whatever may be holding her back.

3 boys
T
tl2 Offline
T
And what if she's thinking..."He misses me but I don't miss him right now. He loves me but I don't love him right now. I can't see myself in a future with him which is why I filed D and he is ignoring what I clearly want."

Will what you said bring her closer, or push her farther away?

A
A
Originally Posted By: dday
That I am sorry for my part in our M having problems. That the past doesn't have to stop us from having a future. I miss her. I love her. That if she wants a r, then she should try. Not worry about what anybody says or thinks. Or whatever may be holding her back.

Is any of this stuff she doesn't know?

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard