Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
R
R
Honestly we should all get together and have a jolly good party! Sorry I'm still high from my night out! I went dancing! I felt so alive again, but still felt that I should have been doing this with H.

There is nothing I can do about H coming to see kids as it's always early in the evening and library is closed. I'm doing a LRT to save myself not my marriage at the moment.

I can understand it is hard, but you have to try to force yourself to go out. That is the only way we'll be able to get through this. We have to fake it until it's real. At the moment there is no future but live the moment today. What are you grateful for? Can you list 3 positives things for today? We'll get through this Shotgun. Not an easy road and I firmly believe that what is happening to us is for a reason.

Onwards and upwards. Thinking and praying for you Shotgun :-)

K
K
Originally Posted By: Ancaire
OK, you two...you've clearly bonded over the loser status of your STBXs. I would like to apply for admission to the club, please. I believe I qualify. My H is clearly out of his mind. He's abandoned all the qualities I once held dear. His happiness is way more important than the happiness of his family. He has a loving, loyal, faithful wife who's willing to forgive him...and he still chooses to leave. He calls his wife names and degrades her. Loser, right? So, can I join your club?

LOL

You know I couldn't get past this post. I did everything for my W and yet not enough. She sees me struggling now and yet a chatty conversation about something stupid like pj's is her answer. Lol I'm really lonely and would love to join the lonely hearts.... lol

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
ktfo it is so nice to have you here. Loneliness is the only requirement to join us! For me it has been tough to fill the void left when my wife moved out and my son only comes half of the time. I am fortunate to have a big family and a lot of friends to reach out to. I have also joined a couple of groups to get out and meet new people. It is challenging as Rouky points out and I love her statement that we have to fake it until it is real. I think I will have that made into a tattoo so that I will never forget it.

Focus22 I am headed over to your thread to catch up!

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
R
R
No need to go to that extent (ie tattoo). I'm still faking it Shotgun. I'm no longer crying so it's good! I'm still taking a step at a time, even after 8 months being in this limbo!

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Rouky I always smile when I see your name! Congratulations on your night of revelry and dancing. I feel like that must have been quite the party. I too am faking a lot but it is getting easier. I also no longer cry but I do still have some really tough moments. I did not want to hear it when my therapist said to wait a year before starting to date again but I am really starting to enjoy a little time to myself. I am certain that I will marry again as I do love the sense of commitment and close companionship. Just going to be as careful as I can and be the best shotgun that I can be. I hope that you have a great week and that you find something to smile about every day!

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
C
C
Thanks for the welcome guys, my h sounds like your h- can't look me in the eye- looks at me as if he hates me.. Again probably reminds him of what he has done!!
I'm on a quest to fake it til I make it.. Last night I got conversation, today he can't look at me..

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
R
R
Of course you are going to remarry Shotgun and it'll be with me when I can get rid of all those men throwing themselves at me :-)! I'm glad it's getting easier bit by bit. What have you planned for tomorrow? How are the AD? I can see why IC says about waiting for a year as you need all the anniversaries and special dates to have gone.
I think you are doing amazingly well. Keep it up :-)

S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Cherry several of us have documented this behavior of a cheating spouse being unable to look us in the eye. Very strange indeed that they can't face the one whom they have wronged. Much like the kid and the cookie jar!

Rouky if I could only be so lucky to be the next Mr Rouky! You are such a great catch and with all that you have learned here you will be so wise. The men are going to be beating down your door. I am trying to mentor a niece of mine into understanding that women have to make the man earn it. You get that now I'm sure.

Call me weird but I find intellect to be incredibly sexy!

K
K
How about this, I have a house full of friends.. turkey day 2. So someone puts the fn song by Journey Faithfully on.. and my wife's belting it out. I'm like you have such balls... lol. I just chill keep to myself and am still like wtf. Is it me or is it that THEY have no idea the impact and train crash effect they've had in us? I'm like really? I wake up evidently from a nightmare last night of her and Mr x. And she's like what's wrong lol. I'm like try every time I close my eyes I see you with another man. . I don't know what to say is her fn response..lol f me. I'm alone on an island. And it sux

J
J
You are not alone Kfto - we are all here with you

M: 27
03/15 - BD ILYBINILWY
09/15 -OW confirmed
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard