Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
COS7350 Offline OP
OP Offline
Haven't posted here for almost 2 years.

I am in my late 50's. Very active, but starting to feel the lack of motivation to do anything. It's like I have no drive anymore. Seen the doctor who has recommended medication to help with the tired feeling and low energy.

Background:
My W and I have been together since 2002. 2nd marriage for both of us. We met at a time when we both needed each other very much. Everything was great. Normal courting. Talked all the time and our sex lives where great. We then decided to make it official and became one household which had its challenges. Around 2009 things changed. Money was tight and we where just getting by. Had issues with kids and money. Typical family challenges in a blended family. W started to have an affair. As I found out not the first time, (had one in her first marriage as well). Dealt with that. Since W broke off the affair, We hardly ever have sex anymore. W says she doesn't like sex and is just not interested anymore. W just seems satisfied if we never have sex ever again. W is also diagnosed Bipolar and sees a T. Thought that seeing a T would help. But nothing has change over the past 2 years.

W just recently said that our lack of sex and intimacy is totally her decision. I feel we just cohabitate these days. We enjoy the same things, movies sports to name a few. We just don't have sex or are intimate in any way. I miss the intimacy and closeness. W thinks things are fine the way they are.

Can the lack of sex be a factor in my lack of motivation and desire to the point where I don't even want to get out of bed and face the days challenges?

Feedback and in-sights welcome...

C
C
You sound depressed.

Have you been to a doctor and had that checked out?

Sex is not something that makes you get out of bed
IMHO

You may not be having sex because you are depressed and she is bipolar.

YOU can only CONTROL yourself - so what are you going to do?

Me-70, D37,S36
COS7350 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes seen the doctor. I have some issues with low T. Doc says that can play a part of being depressed tired and feeling run down. Starting med's to resolve that.

W is also diagnosed as being sexual anorexic. So it is hard.

Also thin W is having a Cyber affair with someone overseas. Meet her mail friend as she refers to him via Facebook. They play word with friends and chat. Been going on for over a year and half. W past behavior has sent pics of herself in lingerie. So not sure she has revert back to old habits or become even more risque.

So with the bipolar and sexual anorexia I feel like I am in a relationship that W will only share what she wants to share. Not sure she is 100% committed to our relationship.

C
C
Maybe she is not committed.

Does that change something for you?

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard