Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
D
V, so sorry that you are upset. I think your words and advice are always spot on and I look forward to reading your words of wisdom.

If others disagree, there is a way to do so politely. Hang in there, V. You are invaluable to many of us.

Hugs!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
F
F
V, I was catching up and glad to see some things going good in life and then saddened to see how the forums have caused you stress.

Take care V and know the support you have offered many of us is appreciated and valued.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
J
J
Lovely V,

I'm so sorry for your experience on the boards. I would indeed miss you greatly if chose not to return.

I do however appreciate your reasons and respect them.

Your absence will be felt. I hope you feel safe enough to return in time.

Rainbow love to you always V

From JellyBXXX (and sweet sadness)

Last edited by JellyB; 11/23/15 05:08 AM.
I
I
V just wanted to say thanks for helping on my thread.

I grew balls to give W a shoulder rub yesterday , followed by grabbing her foot (nicely :)) and giving her a 30 minute foot massage. Just touching her bare skin was so nice, and gave me the proper horn!

You're advice to just do it very what I needed.

Onwards and upwards. I will try to introduce more 'physical' contact when I am next at home next weekend.

Please come back to the boards, you are well loved, and the UK folk need each other as we are a subtlety different culture to others.

Ps I'm not religious, but I am spiritual up to a point. I think religious folk are a bit wacko! Each to their own. Xx

Last edited by isittoolate; 11/23/15 08:36 AM.

Me49 W45
T15 M13
S11 S8
BD 11/15/11 & 3/27/12
Moved out 4/9/12 Moved back 4/23/12
W working on US 5/20/12 Now Piecing!
May-Oct14 drifting
Dec 14 W agrees to more QT
BD Oct15 ILYBINILWY
W filed 1/25/16
G
G
V, I want to thank you for all of the kindness and support you have given me these last several months. You have taught me so much and pointed me in a better direction. Plus you make me laugh, on days when I thought laughter would be impossible.

I am sorry you had a negative experience and I hope you will come back if you feel it is right for you. (I am being selfish because I rely on your words so much!) Please be well and know that you are loved and missed.

P
P
Hi our sunshine V,

First - sorry your idiot WH can't see life before his nose. No need to say that he is the one losing life, but it is his own business and you have no control over his poor life choices.

Just would like to add, that in the most outrageous moments growing up with a father that would drink, scream, and put a lot of fear on people around him, I was the one to stand. Never back down to him, even knowing that he could just bust a big punch on my face.

This kind of people love (for some horrible reasons) get some level of pleasure once they can realize that the other person had "Fear". Do not back down to this Jerk. I know it is very hard for most people to stand up to the oppressor, but it is necessary.

I think you are doing the right thing, but be aware at all times, be prepare at all times. Coming from a country of so much violence, some of us women learned to have a spray in their purses. That won't kill the bastard, but will give you time to run, or at least kick him there.

Maybe you don't like this kind of stuff, but I did Karate for many years. Maybe I won't punch like the movies, but I can give a punch or two to make sure the other one will at least think I am better then I am at this.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that you "never back down" to this kind of people or they will think they can walk all over your life. I kept saying this to my mom and one day she called me and said that my dad was being very nice for quite a while. I was happy to hear and asked why it was happening.

She then told me that she got so mad with him that my words were the only thing he could hear. She then pushed him on a sofa chair and it broke when he fell on it.

She told me that he was extremely surprised of her reaction, but he backed down big time. And I am not instigating violence here, I am just saying that if you see or hear him, do not show fear, and he will always think twice about being malicious against you.

2nd - Sorry to hear about the board issue. In my humble opinion, not everyone agree with each other and this is a public place. So, the one that do not agree can say just that and don't be stupid about.

We are here to get help and survive real and serious life problems, we are here to give help that we think is most appropriate based in our own knowledge and experience.

You have been a anchor for many here and I read so many thank you notes to you because you made a difference in their lives when they most needed. As very well mine.

For me, maybe because my wild heart, I would say you should just "don't give a damn", if the one that don't agree can't be polite and just say it, then they are not even worthy the time for us to get upset.

Would you get out of the board because of one or stay here because of many? It's up to you, but you can see that it is not right to give so much power to the ones that attack us.

You have your opinion about some stuff in life, you put your best effort to give other some advice, it's the other person's choice to keep the advice or ignore it. The beauty of this board is that it is shared with many different backgrounds, believes, levels of education and so on, so instead of one point of view, we are offered to look in many directions, many options, and make our own mind as we learn a lot from different perspectives.

So V, again I would say, stand for V... the ones for me are my dear friends, the ones against me can all go to hell. And that's it..just it. Love yourself for what you are. Not everyone will love you for that, but then it is their own loss.

I love you a lot, you gave me some 2 x 4s before and I learned a lot from many words you wrote to me. And yes, it was my own choice to accept your words and love you for that.

Don't bother yourself with stupidities, instead enrich yourself knowing that you are loved by some.

Your nightmare will pass V, all the good things are already coming your way, V is for Victory. All the wounds and pain will be register as your certificate of wise life.

Laugh today, be crazy, do some insane, be happy because you are you.

{{{{{{{{{{{Vanilla}}}}}}}}}}}

With lots of hugs and love,
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16
D:8/5/2015

G
G
V, without you who is going to teach me all the British swear words? Ghost doesn't know them, he must be in a different social circle than you. Who is going to make me laugh with all the P and V references? I got some P last night by the way and am starting to think I might be better off on my own. See? You are the only one I can talk to about this.

S
S
Don't leave. Your voice is of soft kindness and encouragemt. Balances the newcomer after reading a post from me, don't ya think? wink

Seriously V, I have been in those shoes of feeling attacked, and it is horrible. Maybe in my dogmatic way, I have been guilty of making someone feel what you experienced from GB's post. I hope not, and my goal is never to hurt anyone or make them feel under attack.......but I know I speak frankly and it can be interpreted, (and has been) as harsh. I am not defending him, just saying that Perhaps I come across in similar style at times. Then I read one of V's post and tell myself to simmer down.

I hope you'll stay with us b/c of so many people you soothe......nstead of leaving b/c of one who didn't particularly like what you had to say.

((hugs))

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
D
D
Vanilla,

I just want to let you know that your comments and advice throughout this forum has helped me in many, many ways. Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
P
P
hi Ms V,

apologies - am not reading, was just here to respond to Huddy,NDY and had to drop by to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Our discussion, and your forthright analysis have seriously changed my life. You shone a light on my life so brilliant and true that it will never be darkened again in the same way.

BTW - not TG rhetoric - I'm Australian smile

-Py

M: 6 T: 12
Kids: 2,4
BD: Jan 2015 S: Feb 2015
EA/PA confirmed: Feb2015/Mar2015
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard