Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
H
H
You really want to live in the same house for the next 18/20/30/40 years, getting treated like shite, just so you don't rock the boat?

Come on man. Look at yourself in the mirror. Is that who you want to be, a doormat? No, don't think so. Don't be that man, be the man who goes to dance and acts like somebody who other people want to be around. Your W is dictating the outcome here, time for you to man up!

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
A
A
Originally Posted By: Ghost56

I am trying to build bridges with my daughter but I do not know if this will happen in time

In time....for what?

I would take just bing a friend to my W and live in the same house but she will not do this for the next 18 years

Nope. You deserve more out of your life than this.

A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Azz in time for her to possibly want to spend some of her time living with me

Loosing my w I have to accept and loosing my daughter as well this will be a tough one to swallow

Me:48 W 41
M:18 T:26
2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
Bomb: 20/7/2015 in house separation
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
A
A
Azz in time for her to possibly want to spend some of her time living with me

I dont know how things work where you are, but Im guessing at about 18, she isnt going to really live at home much anyway. I wouldnt focus on the space she is occupying. Instead focus on your RELATIONSHIP with her. THAT, you will have the rest of your lives to work on. What are you going to do today to make it better?

A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have told her I love her
I have offered to buy her something small for her horse
I have shown an interest in things she has done at school
I took her to school
I sent her a txt msg today showing her my interest in what she was doing

I would ask her for a hug but she may be a little too old for this and as I said things are a little rocky between us

I am trying to be a better dad spend more time with her but she is also at that age where she does not need or want it

Slowly slowly

Ghost

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
I
I
good start, keep it up!

Those are permanent changes.

Show your faith with actions!

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
S
S
Nah, daughters are never too old for a daddy hug. However, she may feel you are coming on kind of strong and sudden......given the condition of how things have been between you two.

Instead of asking for a hug, how about starting out slowly with just a pat or touch on her shoulder, arm, or back? Don't push her by coming on too strong.

Don't take what she says and does as if it's another WW in your life (albeit, very similar traits). She has had anger and resentment for quite a while.

She is not a child, but she's not emotionally grown yet. She will always be your daughter. She may be siding with her mother right now (which is not unusual for girls), and she may not want to live with you 50% of the time. Which, I could understand why a 17 yr old wouldn't, but it doesn't mean she'll never want to go see you.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
A
A
I have told her I love her
I have offered to buy her something small for her horse
I have shown an interest in things she has done at school
I took her to school
I sent her a txt msg today showing her my interest in what she was doing

I would ask her for a hug but she may be a little too old for this and as I said things are a little rocky between us

I am trying to be a better dad spend more time with her but she is also at that age where she does not need or want it

Slowly slowly

Ghost

As weird as this sounds to write, treat your D like you do for your W. What I mean is that running to do too much too fast is going to come across as manic and not genuine.

So, go slowly, start small. But be consistent.

V
V
Ghost

Can you move to the next fun step.

As you are still smiling, will you download man in the mirror for me, the song to your phone or laptop.

I would like you to play the song on utube, a version with subtitles for the song and read the words.

Now you can dance we are going to go groovy

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
V it is funny you say about the version on YouTube with the lyrics as this is the one that I have been listening to for the past 3 or 4 days the words are very adapt..

Sandi2 thank you for your comments it seems that my focus has been taken from my w to my d this perhaps is not a bad thing

I have not been the best dbuster in fact I have been pretty poor
I have broken the rules on many occasions
I know from talking to my w on many occasions that she and I are not going to find a way back together

I have started to accept this I know .....do not believe what they say ....she has told me before that I have become friend status she no longer has the feelings that she did have ...

She always used to be so very child oriented but recently the more I think about how she is and how she seems to have changed ....Pandora's box has been opened....her being prepared to put our children through this her knowing this has broken my heart....she feels nothing

I still don't think it had to get to this she does so it will be what it will be.

This will hopefully drive me to be stronger they said it would get much harder I thought trying to save my m Was as hard as it got wait till the house sells and the trucks turn up

Thanks for your posts

Ghost

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis