M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
S
S
I'm actually looking forward to dating. Call me crazy, and it's entirely possible I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but I just think it will be novel to be in the company of someone who's actually interested in me. It's been a while.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
I just think it will be novel to be in the company of someone who's actually interested in me. It's been a while.

THIS!!!
Yes, it's kind of FANTASTIC to be in the company of men who think you're the cat's meow instead of the cause of all their unhappiness. smile

kml #2619721 10/27/15 09:44 PM
A
adinva Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I agree, i'm looking forward to that too. I'm worth better than i knew way back then, and i have a new chance.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
__
A
adinva Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well, H is 50 today. My S15 observed that "it's the perfect age for a midlife crisis." LOL. I don't know where he picked up that term but it didn't come from me; I've never said a peep.

I did a 180 for me. I've always been really uncomfortable with gifts; it's not my love language, and I'm usually uncomfortable spending a lot of money - I generally try to put a lot of thought into something very inexpensive and then worry that it might seem cheap to the recipient. But with a big family to shop for especially at Christmas, my gifts are small. Long story short, I thought 50 deserved some recognition so I spent a day researching motorcycle gear and picked out some top rated gloves for -yikes- $250. By the time I learned how important it is not to scrimp on motorcycle safety gear, with gory descriptions, I decided to take the leap and get something good that he'll like.

Bonus is that I got the idea from S15 who said dad's been mentioning wanting some with a certain feature.

I texted him a photo of them with a happy birthday message and he said thanks. He'll get them when he's back from out of town. I also told both kids "it would be nice of you to text dad happy birthday" and will leave it to them if they want to do that. I told them the gloves were from all of us.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with my marriage or divorce, just gave me a good feeling to try to be really thoughtful.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
__
A
adinva Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I think I just adopted a guinea pig. My S17 and three of his friends came home yesterday all excited with a giant cage, food, treats, etc, and a baby guinea pig who was going to live in my basement where they all hang out. S17 slept next to it last night and had hives today so he asked if we could return it to the pet store. I moved it for now into my home office, which I share with s15, where hopefully it's far enough removed from the teenager hangout, and if everyone stays healthy I'll keep him. He's awfully cute. We haven't had a little fuzzy animal like that since S15's hamster that our au pair gave him years ago, and I'd been occasionally missing him.

Jury's still out, but he is awfully cute. I made him a little toy.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
__
S
S
Originally Posted By: adinva
Jury's still out, but he is awfully cute. I made him a little toy.
The jury isn't out, the verdict is in. You have a guinea pig in the family now.

We took in two kittens just before STBX moved out a year ago. They are adorable, love them dearly.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
Hello AD! I've been wondering how you are doing and have just read a few of your recent posts. You seem much more confident and not in the brave way that I used to perceive you. And you have a new addition to your family! Congratulations! smile

I hope you are still doing well and enjoying the holidays with your family! 2016 is going to be a good year for you!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
A
adinva Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Two! I'm doing great. Just returned from a work trip to florida where i ran into a fellow db'er which reminded me how much this group has done for my life and happiness. I'm not around much anymore bc thanks to the wonderful ppl here i'm doing much better, great even. Anyway, L, if you find me here hello! I will look forward to seeing you next time i'm in FL!

So Two, you saw on the alt i had a death in the family this Christmas. I've spoken of my neice's (and her mom my sister's) many challenges, and though we all hoped some miracle would bring a change in her life, she passed away at age 32. In real life the family has been circumspect but ultimately it was a heroin overdose. If i could be more public about it i'd be on a rampage because that stuff is killing so many young people, and their families must suffer guilt, shame, fear of judgment, on top of their grief and sorrow. My kids know. I hope someone lives bc of this tragedy. I spend a lot of time on the phone with my sister these days.

I returned the guinea piglet frown . My s17 couldnt be in the house with it and my dogs were getting increasingly persistent in hunting it. He was so cute though.

Two hopefully you are doing well too. What's your status? I'll go look for your news. I hope all my DBuddies are having a good 2016.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
__
G
G
Did the fellow DBer have a name that starts with a "B"? I had the pleasure of meeting her also when I was in Disney with my D8. She is great, we had a blast, and my D8 loved spending time with her new friend!

Sorry for the loss of your niece. I was reading today on what an epidemic heroin is in my state, and it is just regular people who are taking pain meds for an injury who get addicted and seek a bigger, cheaper high. Very very sad.

Glad to hear all is well otherwise!

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard