Not engaged
Many false starts by XF
7/16 new girlfriend comes into my life
2/17 girlfriend moves in my home

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Today has started off on a good note. Got s4 ready for school and on the bus. Played with him and my nephew until the bus showed up. It's these little things that seem to mean a lot to me lately! Typically I don't get to any more than carry a sleeping child out of my house and drop him off at my parents. My work schedule is pretty early in the morning but this week I am close to home so I am taking advantage of it! smile.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

W
W
Good for you uphill. We never get those moments back so cherish them while you can. You are stopping to smell the roses. Godd for you!!

Me: 30's W: 30's M: 12yrs
EA: Started 3/2015
MC Started: 4/2015
She moved out and served 6/2015
PA: Confirmed 10/5/2015
2 young kids

"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything."
E
E
Uphill, isn't it great? I was a "stay at home Dad" since I worked from home. I was with my kids constantly for a good chunk of their young lives. The other day, I was with the WW and the kids and my daughter fell asleep. I carried her out of the car and I said "I really love this whole being a Father thing" to myself. My WW overheard and she said "Well, you had several years with them, you would think that you would get bored of it or something, you act like it's something new." And I said "WW, for a good chunk of their lives I was there, but I was too busy to do a lot of the stuff that I do now. Tea Parties, video games, road trips, museums and all that jazz is my new favorite hobby. Anything that I can do to build new memories in their minds. I live, solely and completely for them." and her jaw hit the ground.

I used to be selfish, short, annoyed and even a bit jealous of my kids. They got the attention from her that I so desperately craved. But a new life demands new chapters and I am writing them the way I see fit.

Me: 38
W: 32
S10 D6
T: 10 (02/2004)
M: 7 (12/2007)
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Yes eye, it is the greatest thing I have ever been a part of! One of XF's big complaints was that I wasn't around enough for her and S4. I understand that and I always have. The problem wasn't me being in a barroom or at friends houses or parties... If I wasn't at home you can bet your life I was at work. We live in a depressed area. Nothing real good as far as jobs local so I've always had to travel for work. Sometimes only an hour from home, sometimes across the country. From time to time she would bring it up and I would always say, if we want to continue living like we do, we don't have many options. She would agree that we couldn't live on a $12 an hour job the way we had become accustomed to and that would be that.

Looking back, I would have sold our home. Found a smaller one or a nice appartment for us and downsized. It never came across that she wanted to do that, more like she was venting... I have always been proud of how good we had it financially as a young family. Now I look at it all as material garbage!

Anyways, I'm rambling now but back to the point. I've missed lots of times like this with S4 because of my work and I don't want to do that anymore! I want to smell the roses before they wilt. I'm not sure what is in store for me yet, but I am working on a way to make good money, in the middle of nowhere WITHOUT the travel! I just need that million dollar idea to pop into my head.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Another succesful day on school bus duty. It's the little things that make me happy these days... smile

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

E
E
Uphill. You are doing great. I am really proud of you and how far you have come.

My kids are with the WW for the next few days. We leave on a quick camping excursion on Friday. I took the weekend off of work and we are going to a place that isn't far from home, we are all excited. Every conversation I have with them revolves around what we are going to do and what we need to pack. It's all about the adventure.

S10 D6
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thank you eye! I'm kinda proud of myself also!

One small thing on my mind today... The other day, while I was at work, my mom and sister took the kids to a local fair with another friend. There were 3 kids between 2 and 4 in the group. Well low and behold, the news paper took thier picture and ask permission to put it in today's paper along with names, ages ect...
I bought the paper (proud papa moment smile ) and now I am torn wether to send a picture of it to XF or let it ride?

I don't really want to initiate any contact, BUT if the shoe was on the other foot I would like to know... The stupid little things that get us thinking haha

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

E
E
I am a firm believer, when it comes to the kids, let them know. When it comes to you, don't.

S10 D6
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
A
A
Originally Posted By: EyeTie
I am a firm believer, when it comes to the kids, let them know. When it comes to you, don't.

Recently, my oldest lost his first tooth while he was with me, and I sent a picture to my W that day. Seemed like something to share as a good co-parent. I think the same applies here.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard