Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
Hi Haunted, without reading back - have you taken some practical steps to protect your finances? If you haven't, I would certainly consider doing that, with some L advice if needed.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I haven't yet but will be talking to someone Wednesday when I'm off.

H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
He called tonight to talk to Our daughter. He had a sadness in his voice. He said he really misses the kids and upset about it.

We talked about him getting her this coming weekend. He did mention that we would talk Sunday if he felt like it. He'll have to think about it.
I am not expecting anything. Maybe one day it will
Happen. Not going to even mention it and just wait until He's ready.

H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I've read up on MLC behavior but i am floored by this. i have never experienced MLC before so please help.

He started talking to a woman online. He asked if he gave her money friday what would that get him. She said if he brought $60 it would get him something nice. So he asked about sex. She said yes. He is really headed down a destructive path. I don't want to see anything bad happen to him but I know I can't help him either.

This behavior is so odd. He is suppose to get our daughter Friday night, but I am having second thoughts now since knowing this.

I am trying to keep the focus off of him but I am alarmed knowing my daughter is going out there and he is already making plans for this.

job Offline
haunted,
I'm sorry you are having a difficult time, but I want you to know that you aren't alone. None of us knew that we were going to be here and dealing w/MLC. MLC was something that wasn't discussed many, many years ago and now it's discussed quite openly and people are making films about it.

As for him being on line, negotiating and discussing what this woman can do for him, there's nothing you can do about it. This is his journey to make on his own. You can't help him, but you need to make sure your accounts, credit cards and assets are okay.

No, his behavior isn't odd. It's something many of them do during the crisis and they do tend to have memory lapses. So, you might want to gently ask him if he's still planning to have his daughter Friday evening. I wouldn't want my child to be around someone who is planning something like this, but maybe he's getting a sitter or he could have forgotten that the little one is coming over. You've got plenty of time to ask him what his plans may be for the weekend and go from there.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
We went and watched War Room tonight. such an amazing movie. I cried and laughed smile

Not really much of an update on him. We don't talk much. He doesn't call the kids still. He wants to take our daughter out of state to meet one of the girls that he has never met before. Oh and apparently we are divorced now and have been for 2 months lol.

I am exhausted so going to head to bed.

H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Found out he sent the same woman money again. He keeps telling me he doesn't have any extra money.

H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
He picked up our daughter tonight for his weekend with her. He still offers no money. He told my mom he is doing the best he can. That he has bills too.
He didn't speak to me much tonight. When he did speak, he wouldn't look at me. He was in such a rush to get out of there.

This rollercoaster is making me sick.

M
M
Hi Haunted,

How many children do you have? How old are they?

The money thing is crazy. Like others have said, protect your assets. Make sure he can't access your money you need for home and bills.

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: mleigh4
Hi Haunted,

How many children do you have? How old are they?

The money thing is crazy. Like others have said, protect your assets. Make sure he can't access your money you need for home and bills.

He and I have 1 together. She's 9
I am smile Thank you all for the advice.

Why is he refusing to look at me?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard