Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
Bestswy, you got asked out on a date. I'm glad you said yes. And I can't wait to hear all about it!!! Jump!

B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
BA - Oh yeah, I fully understand fan disappointment myself. I grew up with it and with the exception of the Broncos, it just same ole, same ole. Our bullpen blows.

I know you'll miss your D17. Right there with you, bro. I will say that I'm really excited at the thought of seeing my D21 every week, though! Not too long now.

I'll be back... at Thanksgiving! D21 is driving down from NY and I made flight reservations yesterday too. D18 and I get in on Tuesday and leave on Sunday, with the rest of the U.S. population.

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, (did I mention hoping!) wink that the NATS break the curse of Washington Sport teams and bring us a lengthy post season run this year. Of course there's also the chance that they string us along to the bitter end of the season and miss getting into the post-season by a game or two.

So glad you are going to be seeing a lot of D21. My D18 left last week for her second year of college and I already miss her smiling face around the house. D17 is going to have to endure extra attention to make up for it! grin

I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year and will be in town. I know it will be a busy and short visit for you, but if you need a respite from any family drama (after all who doesn't have family drama during Thanksgiving!) consider me a refuge from the craziness.

Oh, and BA - for your reading enjoyment... last night I got a call from the son of my church lady friend. She sold her condo and is moving to Arizona the week after labor day. I'm SO gonna miss her. She can't see well, so when it starts getting dark early, I go pick her up. We've been really getting close over the past couple of years. Anyway, her birthday is Sunday, and her son called to invite me to join them for lunch. He's funny and sweet, and just maybe I could be convinced to jump the racial line. After we made our plans, he said, "Betsey, do you like BBQ?" I said, "Yup. A whole lot. Are you any good at it?" "I'm amazing. Do you like wine?" "Yup, I like that too." "Do you like a couple glasses?" "Yep, I definitely like a few glasses." "How about after mom leaves I invite you over for dinner?" "I'm all in. Just let me know."

Good for you Betsey! Sounds like a great first date!

BA

M
M
Betsey, I like the way he asked! And I like the way you answered. smile Can't wait to hear the update...

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
OP Offline
He's really sweet. I use a barometer of how men treat their mother as a general idea of how they treat women in general. He's attentive, funny and kind. And we had a lovely time - it was the 3 of us and his "brother from another mother" and GF. A lovely afternoon. Who couldn't love a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory? I brought half of my dessert home to D18, who thought peanut butter cheesecake was the bomb. It was!

Aside from that, I'm really sick of the heat. It's been hot as hell here for what seems like forever. It's just prevented me from doing anything physical, other than yard work (yuck!), attending neighborhood potlucks (fun) and working on my furniture refreshing. I finally got the last 3 chairs of my dining room set primed yesterday, and now all 6 are ready for paint. That's unfortunate because...

This week is when D18 and I start our traveling across 2 time zones! Can't wait to see D21, and D18 is just as excited. She's been really weird lately - she's taken to hanging out in her room, perusing her photo albums and watching her crappy TV/DVD player. I'll just say that D18's room is nicer, her bed is bigger and very comfy, and she's got a flat screen with DVD in her own room. Last night I caught her laying on D21's floor with her baby blanket and watching a movie reflected off a mirror! WTF? How weird is that?

I don't have much else to update and things are busy here, so I'm going to log off and get to work.

TTFN,
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
C
C
I use a barometer of how men treat their mother as a general idea of how they treat women in general.

Hmm - glad you don't see me with MY mother!

Of course she is Batchit Crazy!

Me-70, D37,S36
OP Offline
LOL, there are exceptions. Like say... your mom was Joan Crawford... [insert name of your favorite narcissist] wink

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Bets,

I am wondering if this new sweet guy is the one that was forecasted by the smart psychic cookie who read for you a while back. We shall find out soon and December is only 3 months away. I still remember December as being the banner month for you to merge with The One.

Hey...anyone who likes Cheesecake Factory is a good friend of mine!! grin Love, love their food and desserts.

Isn't D18 missing her big sis and looking forward to connecting with her again? Hmmmm...who wouldn't??! You have really lovely girls.

I am real curious here....is Mr. Wonderful dating anyone or...?

OP Offline
Anyone who hates the Cheesecake Factory is nuts. Hate the prices, the food portions (way too much food) and the long wait, but you can't hate their menu. wink

Wonka, I have no idea what's in store. When that medium told me December, she was very clear that I hadn't met him yet. I met Sarah's son in early 2014, so I doubt that a whole lot. We'll see.

So far, my horoscope for August and September was supposed to be nothing short of awesome. And so far, I'm not feeling that awesome. As my D21 would say, I live in a sh!t show. No lie. I keep playing life's version of whack-a-mole lately. And it's tiring. My latest saga? I found out that I don't have health insurance. Everyone is scrambling to figure out the real deal, because I had a mammogram back in July with no problem in billing, yet they say I haven't been covered since 7/14. It's annoying, takes way too much of my time, and I'm working on this one. I really am not happy about traveling without it. But I'm hoping for the best here until I can get some answers. I'll have some info tomorrow, but by then, I'm going to be in Rhode Island. And definitely NOT wanting to bring the mole with me on the plane.

And thank you... I do have sweet girls. My latest - and Cadet if you're reading - is that apparently D21's coach has decided she's the whipping boy this season. It has decidedly made her dad and me really unhappy. She sent an e-mail to my folks last night (since they will join us in PA next weekend), knowing they will notice that he treats her like crap. I'm going to hope that things are quieter when D18 and I are there. But it doesn't make either one of us pleased, and my law enforcement, justice loving dad is going to HATE watching someone mistreat his golden one. Mr. Wonderful and I both hate watching D21 stuff expressing herself for fear of retaliation. She's in line to break a bunch of school records this year, and nobody wants to blow that for her.

Wonka, I don't think he's dating anyone of late. He hasn't mentioned his former GF or anyone else in a long time. Back when he was dating her, he would tell me the things that the 3 of them (D18+them) would do. He's not included her in the conversation in at least 18 months. D21 says they're still friends but she thinks they are kaput. I'd say that sounds about right.

Our 25th wedding anniversary is the 15th. I might be a little out of sorts around then. For some bizarre reason, it's bothering me this year.

Does this satisfy your curiosity for now? grin

Albert Einstein
C
C
My latest - and Cadet if you're reading - is that apparently D21's coach has decided she's the whipping boy this season. It has decidedly made her dad and me really unhappy. She sent an e-mail to my folks last night (since they will join us in PA next weekend), knowing they will notice that he treats her like crap. I'm going to hope that things are quieter when D18 and I are there.

Well I hope he is just starting out hard so he can ease up as the season goes on.
I am sure he has some reason in his head - sorry to hear this is happening - I am still looking forward to attending some games.

Me-70, D37,S36
OP Offline
Looking forward to seeing you and your lovely GF in a couple of weeks too!

Well, she did play all the way around this past weekend and managed to keep her head on straight. He allowed her to go to dinner with me and D18 (along with the 2 other upper class hitters and their moms) on Friday night. As we were waiting for our dinner, she said, "Ok, I'm ready to tell you what Coach told me when I got back to school. Her 2 teammates just sat there with glum faces. "Coach told me when I got back that he holds me personally responsible for losing at the Elite 8 all 3 previous years. He said my performance was less than ideal, and it was because of me that we lost."

Wow. I didn't realize that one person on the court could have all that power. I just sat there very quiet when one of her teammates said, "V, I personally hold you and A responsible for getting us there. Period. Without the 2 of you, we'd have crashed and burned before we got to the regionals. He's an a*hole."

Never mind that he changed the lineups each and every Final 4. Never mind that he put in a middle hitter with a severely sprained ankle in one of the rotations who couldn't jump to block. Never mind that he matched the 5'5" setter up against a 6'2" blocker. I was so unhappy that I just couldn't even react. Which was probably a good thing.

As the dinner progressed on, our conversation got more light and funny. We ended our night on a good note. The one thing I told her and her two teammates as we hugged goodbye - who were 2 of her roommates last year; the other one graduated - "When this is all over, he'll be a distant memory, but you guys will be friends for a lifetime. That's what matters most." They agreed.

Anyway, I'm ready for my next trip this weekend to PA. This one will include my folks and my 3 college buds. You met one of them. We're starting a tradition to do a weekend girls getaway from here on out. Next year will not be a volleyball tournament!

D18 and I had a good time in RI/MA. We were both exhausted yesterday, though. Our flight home landed at midnight and after we got our bag, took the shuttle to the parking lot and drove home, it was 1:30. I didn't get to bed until 2:30 and didn't sleep well at all. I was back up at 7:30. Mr. Wonderful got D18 late morning yesterday and reported that she fell dead asleep in his truck on their way to a movie, so he turned around and came home. I felt the same way, and wound up taking a 4 hour nap at 5:30 pm yesterday - just enough time to brush my teeth, charge my phone and turn off the light for good. I slept like the dead.

Now back to work and trying to figure out what to tackle next. It's a short week so I better get hopping.

Betsey

Albert Einstein
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard