Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Time to start a new thread. My story:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2602907&page=1

No real news to report. Just passed 8 weeks separated, and I haven't seen her since August 2nd when he had a 35 minute meal out that I thought went terribly. Employing the LRT and it seems as her communication is dwindling. I know she is busy with her new work assignment, and her triathlon training, but she still manages to call/text EA quite often. Yes, I checked the phone bill when it came due, otherwise, have done good staying away from it.

My DB coach suggested being a bit friendlier in emails, perhaps the LRT was coming off as too cold. I have been, but I get no response when I wish her luck on a race, or her training. Not sure about that.

In an email last week, she stated she'd not told her parents anything. And asked if I had told my family (mom, 2 siblings/spouses and 6 nieces/nephews). I have not. Her parents will not take it well at all, 46 years married, devout Southern Baptists, and have toughed out a lot of bad days. Plus, she is an only child. Perhaps this is why she's sitting on the fence right now? Or, it could be that she doesn't want to disturb her training for her big race in 6 weeks?

Anyway, been doing pretty well with GAL, but the sleep issues persist. I'm exercising 3-5 times a week, obviously not enough to put me completely out. And then when not exercising with friends, out with friends having dinner/drinks and other fun stuff.

Hanging in there...

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The wife went by the house today to get some clothes and shoes. While she has been away, I painted the guest bathroom. I guess she didn't see the change because she hasn't responded via email. I probably shouldn't care, but I felt awful anxious all this morning because I knew she was going to see it. Detaching isn't an overnight, or even a month long process it seems. Once I think I am doing great with it, something like that will creep back in.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Once again, she comes by for a few things, clothes and shoes this time, and I can hardly tell she took anything at all.

Sleep was a little better last night. I used some coping mechanisms to fall back asleep, and they seemed to calm the anxiety quite a bit. Perhaps I am on to something!

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Concerning the shoes/clothes, when I got home yesterday afternoon, two small shoe racks that held maybe 8-12 pairs of shoes were gone, but half the shoes were there in the floor. Then, I couldn't tell if she had taken any clothes. Once again, confusing. Seems like a lot of fence sitting. Either that or she doesn't want to fill up her fully furnished bachelorette pad with too much stuff.

Even after 6-7 weeks of detaching, I find myself slipping a time or two a week. I'll check the phone logs on occasion as well as Facebook/Instagram pages. Triathlon training all the time it seems...and eating out are the main focus. And all the fun activities she claimed I wouldn't do she's been doing -- kayaking, rafting, camping. Go go go go go, run from reality. And the phone logs reveal more and more calls/texts with EA.

Some days I want to stand because I remember that person who was my wife from a few months back. And there are some days that I am ready to cut the cord and move on because I didn't like how it all went down, and the nasty person she's become. She's depressed though, I can see it in the pictures. Fake smile, circles under her eyes. I guess deep in the tunnel, replay?

And what gets me, is that in the pics, she is wearing a ring of some sort on her left ring finger, one time it was definitely her wedding ring. Yet, the 3 times I have seen her for dinner, no ring at all. Really confused about that.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Seems like one okay night of sleep is followed up by an anxiety filled night full of tossing and turning with hot flashes. I believe I've taken every OTC and natural remedy known to man with very little success. I'm tired, and when I am tired, I just want to toss in the towel.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After no contact yesterday, today's email contact was to tell me a certain show she and I had watched together for a season, I watched the second season alone, was being cancelled. That was it.

I replied but got no response.

The content of most all of the emails absolutely puzzle me.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Flying out this afternoon to see friends in PA. Cannot wait. I hope getting away will allow me to unwind a bit, and maybe get some sleep.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
B
B
I'm leaving tomorrow to see friends. Really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to unplug and unwind. I'm going to try not to obsessively check my phone and I'm going to stay off this site. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
H moves out,files 8/15 wants "quick divorce" but does nothing
Me sending proposal 12/15, court dates upcoming
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Nice weekend away. Still didn't get much if any sleep, but it was away, with friends who know not only me, but my wife. They're still stunned by it all.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Even 9 weeks since BD, sleepless nights pop up. Had another 0 hour sleep night last night. Even took a sleep aid.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard