Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Ancaire #2621814 11/05/15 07:28 AM
J
JellyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ancaire I love a random thought and observation...bring them on!! Ok so you are making Savannah sound so very inviting. It was never somewhere I had considered. I will google Schwann and see what I can come up with. Likely it would cost the earth down here in little ole NZ.

Thanks for popping by Ancaire, will see you on that cruise!!

Cheers JellyB XXX

JellyB #2621859 11/05/15 02:03 PM
D
D
Quote:
Ok so you are making Savannah sound so very inviting. It was never somewhere I had considered. I will google Schwann and see what I can come up with. Likely it would cost the earth down here in little ole NZ.

Popping in again! Hiya JellyB!

Savannah is more than awesome. Have spent most of my adult life (with the exception of being away courtesy of Uncle Sam!) there. Ancaire is correct - Oglethorpe laid out Savannah in a grid pattern in 1733 and the old part remains in that same pattern. Many of the old parks are still the same (size, location, etc). The Pirate's House (one of the oldest buildings in GA) which still stands today and is a restaurant, was home to a tavern back in the 1700's. Interesting fact is that a tunnel (blocked off now) leads from it to the river - pirates would shanghai drunken locals and use the tunnel to take them to their ships. Blackbeard has visited the Pirates House many times, along with many others. Look it up. Interesting history.

Ghosts? Like good ghost stories? Savannah is chock full of them and considered one of the most haunted cities in the U.S. Find the book "Savannah Specters." Fun read.

Food? Don't even get me started...If you are bored and have some google time, look up places such as The Old Pink House. Stay away from that Paula Deen crap (which the place literally is).

And then there is River Street. What can be added to that? Tons of shops and restaurants an bars. Savannah Sweets - the best candy you will ever eat, period. Oh, and River Street is the home of Spanky's, which has the best chicken fingers to be found anywhere on this planet...combine that with their spuds (think crosscut potatoes that are fried) and beer. Dang. No I need to hop in the car...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2622068 11/06/15 03:05 AM
M
M
Hello JellyB, I saw some of your posts on other peoples threads and thought I would check yours out. You seem to be a very insightful and intelligent woman.

I hope that you find love in your future but completely understand the reluctance to jump back into a relationship. The cat lady idea resonates with me. If my marriage ends I want to move to another region of the country and spend my time creating art. I feel reluctant to open myself up to this kind of pain ever again. It may be lonely so for companionship I'll get a dog.

If you don't mind I'd love to ask you some questions about the places you've been. If you have some time check out my thread, I'd love to hear your read of my situation. Be well

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2622070 11/06/15 03:17 AM
J
JellyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Mutatio,

What a lovely post to read. Thank you for your kind words. Ask away, I am an open book - for those that take the time to get to know me, otherwise most people have a perception that I can be rude and aloof. Which couldn't be further from the truth. I'm just particularly shy, introverted and socially awkard.

As for the Cat lady thing. It is my fall back position to avoid any sense of inadequancy I feel about being over 40 and childless. I am allergic to cats and couldnt have them. lol

Your fall back position sounds far more attractive than mine. As the say Plan B can be pretty awesome.

I know a little of your sitch and the mountains of respect you get from other posters. I would be more than happy to read up on your sitch. But likely I could offer no more than what you have been offered by far more insightful, and knowledgeable people here.

Thank you for popping by my place. Coffee is on offer any time.

JellyB XXX

Last edited by JellyB; 11/06/15 03:20 AM.
JellyB #2623982 11/15/15 08:59 AM
J
JellyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
This morning I awoke to find myself on my side of the bed and my arm flung across the spare pillow. It felt strangely reminiscent of an arm flung loving across a gorgeous man. And the feeling captured me and has sat quietly with me for most of the day.

It isn't a feeling of loneliness or longing. Just a feeling of absence. There is no pain attached, just the quiet sense of wanting the smell and touch of a man. My man.

Was it sex that I wanted this morning. I don't think so but a loving lingering touch and firm pull backwards into him, would have been appreciated and lovingly returned. Would it have led to sex? Oh I hope so!

I loved Sunday morning decadence of this manner. The anticipation of a lazy morning loving lounging in quality clean sheets. Anticipating the fixings of an indulgent brunch, maybe a walk to the local cafe to get glorious coffee.

While a ran my hand over the empty space of my bed, I caught myself saying " I can't wait till you get here". A whisper, maybe a prayer to the universe that I hope he hears and knows that I am here waiting and wanting.

My mornings meanderings in my minds eye, had me taking the path of thinking about my love languages. I have thought that my primary love language was Quality Time, and my secondary language was Touch. I am beginning to think that these to love languages are so intertwined for me at times. It's like I get bang for buck (excuse the pun or not- Lol).

I never felt safer and more loved than when sitting on the couch with my beloved, literally entwined in him and he in me, while we watched obsessively Game of Thrones season 1-4, over a period of weeks. I was filled satisfied. Loved and loving.

I never felt safer and loved than when we travelled anywhere and I felt his hand resting on thigh while we drove in the car side by side. The little squeeze or strokes as we visited new exciting places together.

I never felt safer and more loved as he stood behind me cuddling me while my arms were buried deep in hot water, suds and dirty dishes. Chatting in my ear about some random item, that I could take no notice of as a felt him, smelt him.

I never felt safer or more loved as we were parted by a room full of people, and then he would as he was passing me, run a hand across my back and shoulders.

I never felt safer or more loved than sitting next to him in a crowded restaurant, as his hand sat on my thigh, inching the fabric of dress up and up until there was skin on skin.

I never felt safer or more loved than the physical exchange of feeling him and kissing him when he or I returned from a trip abroad. That initial hug and tentative kiss in public and then the passionate lustful dive for each other in the carpark. 20 minutes later we leave.

I miss quality time and touch

JellyBXXX

JellyB #2624035 11/15/15 04:55 PM
J
J
JellyB

You write beautifully!

I have read some of your posts and parts of your threads and I hope that you will find someone that is confident and emotionally mature enough to appreciate all of the love you have to offer. Your selflessness and love comes through in your writing and I really believe your future companion will be a very lucky man. You have a very romantic soul smile

I long for intimacy and companionship as well and really related to this post, but see it as a long way off, and most likely not from my husband. I also wonder if next time around I will appreciate and nurture what you have described or just take it for granted and allow my more practical nature to extinguish it.

Thank you for your posts!

Me: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
Physically Separated 7/2015
JulieH #2625549 11/21/15 11:16 AM
J
JellyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey U - miss seeing you around. Couldn't get you out of my head as I was watching Lindsay Buckingham, he was amazing, extraordinary. I knew he was good but I didn't know how amazing...Stevie was sexy, gorgeous, her presence is stunning and soulful - V thoughts of you all night.

I couldn't resist adding the Lyrics of my fav Fleetwood Mac track...it feels so close to home and my heart...teary here...

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
Till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
And can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh oh I don't know, oh I don't know

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
I'm getting older too
Oh I'm getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring you down, down
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills

Well maybe the landslide will bring you down
Well well, the landslide will bring you down

Much Love JellyB xxx

JellyB #2625555 11/21/15 12:48 PM
M
M
Hi JellyB. I just listen to a you tube vid of Landslide, I haven't heard it in a long time. Nice song, thanks.

I have always liked the idea that after I retire my wife and I fly to Australia and rent a motorhome and tour the country for 6 months or so. If I end up divorced I don't think that will be an option due to the finances. Since you've been there I thought I would ask you about your experiences. Have you traveled up and down the coast? The north is tropical, what is that like? Have you been to the south, Melbourne, Adelaide? You said you were at Alice Springs, I always wanted to see it. I imagine it as the middle of nowhere. Is it as buggy as I read it was? Have you been to Perth, if so what is the west coast like? I would like to see it all.

Now New Zealand, I think the "Lord of the Rings" movies were filmed there, is that true? I love the mountains, is New Zealand very mountainous? Is the ocean warm? How is the climate and weather?

I have never seen the stars in the sky in the southern hemisphere. I really want to see them one day. I realize that this is probably just a reaction to my situation but there are days I want to sell everything and move far away. Would you be kind and indulge my fantasy and describe you thoughts and experiences about your neck of the woods.

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2625558 11/21/15 01:14 PM
U
U
Hey there Jelly,
I was going to write after your sunday morning post - I have to say that was beautiful and unfortunately made me sad to read because it is very much how I feel too. I was actually laying in bed thinking very much the same thing on sunday morning. It is all something that I gave away freely and enjoyed sharing and felt safe with it all - a very comfortable feeling indeed.

So now what is it (and I ask myself the same). Find what makes us feel that way or eliminate the want for that feeling. I don't know why I am asking that but I find myself trying to shift myself into a person that will no longer want those things.

But anyway - you do write beautifully and can really sum up feelings into words. I am and think I have always been terrible with that - maybe it's a man thing. Sort of wish I could say "this is the feeling that I'm having and this is what I will do about it".

good to hear that you had a time at the concert - that is a group that I would like to see before they are no longer. That song is one of the best - can have so many meanings depending on when you are hearing or singing it.

I hope you are doing more than well. (love the music tips that you sent me - I have been listening to them all week - I will update on mine)

Arohanui

Saturday 7:00am - snowy chicago
u-turn

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
u-turn #2625611 11/21/15 07:31 PM
P
P
Wow Jelly, that was one heck of a post!

You're an amazing writer and express so much passion in your prose. I can only hope that the next man blessed enough to be with you can breathe all of that in and return it to you with equal intensity. That was quite beautiful, and uniquely expressed. Do you realize the level of sensitivity needed to feel what you felt that morning is a gift. And that the ability to express it as you did is even more exquisite?

Your Sunday mornings will return to you Jelly, I have 100% faith. This time round they will last, you've come so far in your own growth that longevity of love is inevitable. Keep putting yourself out there, keep being courageous, and keep your heart open.

Big hug, and thank you for posting all of that.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard