Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
W
Glad you've found somebody interesting! Keep us updated...and sorry about the Ranger issue, nobody's perfect frown

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks WII,

We are going out tomorrow. It's his birthday, so I told him to chose the place. He sent me a list of places which he said he all really enjoys and to choose whichever appeals to me.

OMG, they are mostly nice upscale pricey places. Except 2 of them, but they are still pretty nice.

Now I am nervous, but happy he knows how to take a woman out!

W
W
Nice! Skipping the coffee "meet" and going straight for the gusto.Have fun smile

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I need to go to bed, but I just wanted to say, I actually had a good date! I don't want to jinx anything but it was very refreshing. We had dinner and drinks and he ordered dessert when I was in the bathroom ( fried green tea ice cream) because he remembered me telling him my favorite dessert is ice cream:). He's cute, funny, driven, smart, and a good dad. We had some odd things in common which was really neat.

The date was 4 hours and ended with a hug and a nice innocent kiss.

Really thinking about , and this may sound nuts, but it was my first "real" first date.

We shall see what happens from here. He did say something to the effect he'd like to do it again sometime.

After so many crappy experiences, it was nice to have a good one.

R
R
So happy it went well. Plan the next date.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
W
Yes!!!!!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you, Thank you. It was just one date, but I was reminded that dating the "right way" isn't dead. The hook-up culture of my generation was really getting me down. He was thoughtful and a gentleman and that is very important to me.

He did text me last night saying he had a good time and he was glad I came out and I said the same and
I also threw in there that I hope we could do it again when he gets back from vacation. he said he would really like that. Today he texted me from the airplane and again a little while ago showing me the gloomy skies in FL and making a joke out of it.

I had string of dates that were so blah or just ridiculous and instead of leaving me smiling, they honestly left me upset. So this is a nice change, whatever may come of it.

This is so awesome, G! If nothing happens, at the very least, you'll know that there are good guys out there who are respectful of you AND themselves!

I used to think that my generation was a little more cautious of the hook ups. We were the generation who grew up with the AIDS crisis and other blood transmitted diseases. We literally had to move from the birth control pill to avoiding death by using condoms. You'd think that it would be a permanent state of mind? crazy When I was younger, cuter and skinnier, I didn't encounter dates (well a couple, but they were psychos) who expected to hook up right off the bat. I'll be honest and say I didn't much like dating in the 80s. But I sure as hell would appreciate those dates a whole lot more over dating in the now.

I think society in general has moved to the hook up expectation without a relationship. Yah, I know I'm guilty as charged, but it's not what I want in the long term. If that makes me picky, so be it. I'm worth the effort of the wait. And there is something to be said for delayed gratification.

He sounds sweet. Enjoy the ride!

Love, Your big sis

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
C
C
Well YOU are a great catch and he should treat you that way!

JMHO! smile smile smile

Me-70, D37,S36
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
AWWWW! Cadet, you make a girl feel good:)

Betsey, I want long-term, and that doesn't mean marriage, but yeah, a committed relationship is my end goal, and I am just as picky! You are definitely worth the effort of the wait. I am learning that I am too.

I have some unexpected wonderful experiences as of late that I'm not quite ready to share, but boy does life sometimes take you by surprise when you least expect it. This time, for the better.

Big changes coming up for me in the last part of this year. The biggest being school. I'm all nervous and excited. Tons of cheerleading activites coming up, and Novemeber 2nd we leave for Disney, I can't believe it is almost here!We are both totally psyched. I still want ot lose at least 10lbs so I can put it back on in Disney so I don't feel so bad:)

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard