Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dnc1234 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all, first time poster. Long story short, my W gave me the ILYBINILWY about 2 weeks ago (it was actually "... but I'm not sure if I'm in love...") and I've started doing a 180 as of about a week ago. It's sad to say that I do see it working somewhat, but there's a few things I'm struggling with. I've always been a devoted H that would pretty much doing anything my W asked for. Recently, she called me up and asked if I could check the car for a missing item, just to see if it was there.

Normally, I'd be like "sure" and run out and check it. Instead, I replied "Do you need it right now? Don't you have to come home anyway?" implying that she can check herself. How do I deal with her when comes home all angry that I wouldn't do a simple task for her, without coming off like a jerk?

Since she'll probably come home before I get a reply, I intend to reply with something like "I didn't feel like it" or "I'm busy working" (I work from home) but some advice what to do in future scenarios would be useful.

Other than that, thank you all for the great advice on here. Doing a 180 is really improving my mood a lot. If things don't work out with my wife I feel like I'll be in a much better place regardless.

C
C
Welcome to DB.

I might suggest that your post in Newcomers which will get more responses.

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard