Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Fairly good interaction with XF tonight at the kid swap. No arguing at all, I did bring up the new custody arrangement she wanted and expressed my concerns about that. I offered a few ideas, as did she, and we agreed to sleep on it for a little before making any changes (that was my suggestion. I told her if it is going to change again I want this to be the last time so S4 can get used to a schedule).

Kept it buisiness like but not cold at all. She offered her plans for her and S4 tomorrow as well as gave me an update on a friend of hers who has been sick without me asking. She also offered up her plans for Labor Day weekend to which I replied "yeah I'm pretty busy too".

Overall I feel good about it, no "progress" so to speak but slightly better with the way things were handled. BABY STEPS!

Last edited by Uphill; 08/28/15 12:04 AM.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF
7/16 new girlfriend comes into my life
2/17 girlfriend moves in my home

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
So I don't knowing I just made a good or bad move? XF texted me earlier and asked if I could give her some money towards cell phone bill. (Mine is still on her account but part of the agreement) I didn't respond immediately, instead I called and payed the outstanding balance, which is what she asked for. She did make a payment the other day but didn't have enough to cover the whole thing.

I then responded and just said balance is taken care of.

Did I go to far by doing that? I feel better doing it that way than handing over cash..:

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

A
A
I wouldn't over think that kind of thing. Besides it's done. I don't see any harm. You just took care of a business arrangement.

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Excellent GAL day with S4! Had his four wheeler out for a bit this morning. Then came back to the house to meet a bunch of friends to go kayaking. S4 got to try out his new boat today, his first time in one by himself! He did great!

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
S4 made sure to wake me up bright and early today. Christmas in August at my house today, he wanted to set up his train that goes under the tree. So guess what we did haha. Not sure what else is in store today for us, we are just gonna wing it and go with whatever sounds fun!

Very little contact from XF while he has been with me. Actually none on my end and a very short call to S4 last night.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

E
E
Sounds like great plans and a fun time with your son

Me:33 H:36
T:13 years
M:10 years
S4
Separated 05/15
H Filed 06/15
A
A
Wonderful practice. It really is hard not to catch the contagion of a child's excitement.

Enjoy!

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
So far today, a bit of shopping for school clothes, grabbed a few groceries. S4 hit up a few rides at the mall and then we went to Pizza Hut. Now home to watch the little league World Series.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
So, here it is Monday morning and the "funk" has already returned!?! I don't know if I have to find a job which I have to use my brain more or what? I love my job, I am very good at it also. It just comes natural to go through the process after 17 years and not have to think about what to do. My hands just keep going on to the next step...

On the XF front, I have had no contact of any significance since late last week. We had a kid drop off and exchanged a total of 4 texts yesterday having to do with S4's school.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

U
Uphill Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Does this [censored] ever get easier, or do we use that phrase as a crutch to get through the positions we are in? I know I have said the same words many times myself and I keep finding my head feeling like I'm back on BD day!

I do so well for a few days, sometimes over a week. Then I trip and fall back into the hole I felt like I was almost out of. Back at the bottom looking up, emotional, angry, lonely...

Days like today I want to just reach out to XF and beg, reason and plead my case and hope she comes home.

Me 34, XF 27
Many years together
Son 4
Engaged
Not engaged
Many false starts by XF

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard