Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Shimmy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So, today has been pretty decent as far as communication with the W goes.

She has been telling me she loves me, that she understands how horrible her actions are and hopes I can figure out how to love her again. She is coming back with the full intent to fix things.

This seems way off for most other situations I've read about here and that makes me (with good reason) question her motives.

I'm totally confused on how to act around her when she gets back. I've made it very clear that I will not live in an open marriage and she swears she isn't in contact with him. They supposedly called it off the day I found out. She blocked him on Facebook and then later deactivated her Facebook.

She wants to work on things when she gets back. I guess I'm supposed to continue to detatch? Sandi says don't let them back easy and it's not even an option for me. I have to grow into a better person first and so does she. That said, how do I not come off as trying to work on things while keeping a safe distance?

Pfft..wed is coming on fast and I'm nervous and terrified to see her.

Last edited by Shimmy; 07/30/15 10:13 PM.
S
Shimmy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My wife is coming back tomorrow. Pick her up at the Airport around 11:30.

I'm excited to see the kids, but have no idea what to expect from her, or how to even act.

A few days ago reconciliations were going pretty decently. We were communicating well, good thoughts about the future from her, and how she finally has hope in us again.

Got into it yesterday and now I'm hearing things like, "I don't know if I can ever be happy with you."

I told her I had needed to know some more details about the affair. Don't think it really helped. Instead of my imagination running crazy on what might of happened it's going crazy on what did happen. I didn't ask for any details on the act itself, just when/where.

My emotions are draining me.

I had a therapy session today. First one and I feel it went pretty good. Felt good just to get everything off of my chest.

I'm pretty nervous about seeing her tomorrow. I have no idea what my emotions are going to do.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Shimmy
Got into it yesterday and now I'm hearing things like, "I don't know if I can ever be happy with you."

I told her I had needed to know some more details about the affair.

Happiness is internal, it does not take another person to make us happy.

You can not convince her other wise.
By begging, pleading, bargaining and pursuing you slow down the process.

Why do you need to "know" about the affair?
What is that going to DO for YOU?

You need to DETACH.

Right now you can not believe anything she says so even if she tells you something you do or dont want to hear it is likely a lie.
Stop testing this theory.

OK?

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard