Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
SunnyB #2593488 08/01/15 08:52 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Sunny. Thank you for always being there. Your recent strength is lovely to read Your H , like so many on here , is losing a great person and will regret his choices.

Have a great weekend. Rd xx

rd500 #2593616 08/02/15 01:57 PM
V
V
Thank you for the shout out. Loving the family stuff and I just really enjoy hearing about the kids.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/02/15 01:58 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2593638 08/02/15 04:53 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Vanilkia and Toots. Toots , her actual words to D14 were ' I want to come home but things are too akward between me and Daddy at the moment "

I'm not saying it makes much difference but those were the words

Vanillia , you have been great to get to know and I look forward to all you posts

Take care. Rd

rd500 #2593704 08/02/15 09:40 PM
J
J
Hi RD,

Your sounding pretty good and I like your D's confidence. You've posted a few times that your W has said something to the affect of wanting to come home but can't. As you've said before at the moment its stars which are interesting to look at but not something to give too much attention to.

The Anti-Ds are a definite action though and i'm pleased they seem to be beneficial to your W. her being more stable and more happy has got to be good for her and as a consequence good for your kids.

From what I read of your situation as it is the Edz approach would probably serve you well (I wonder how hes doing??) in just giving her lots of space and validating, which actually it seems thats what your doing anyway. Its at least clear that she hasnt rewritten all the good out of your history together.

Just out of curiosity, does your W ever ask about you and what you've been doing?

and thanks for the compliment - I've always thought i was bit clumsy with words so it was a nice thing to read.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2593734 08/02/15 11:09 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Jim EXW always asks about me and my life She constantly asks about my kidney and appointments to the hospital.

Today she called in after 5 mins after work and showed me a new sofa that she thought might suit our house.

Yesterday she was showing me funny emails between herself and her brother

It's very hard to put I to words but it's like she is always trying to be part of my life but at the same time not.

D14 is a tonic She is a very bright girl and her positivity is amazing She also told me that she is happy enough in life and would be fine if EXW didn't want to come home

Take care. Rd

rd500 #2593780 08/03/15 01:17 AM
B
B
Hello Mate!

Rd, I wanted to stop by and say 'hello' and catch up on your situtation. Hmmm...your EXW asking about you is rather interesting but at this point I would caution you not to get your hopes up.

Your daughter sounds like a wonderful young lady and must be a shining light to you!

God bless you and your family. Hang tough, Rd.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
Bob723 #2594100 08/04/15 01:08 AM
V
V
Absolutely bruv, love you tons, give my proxy nephews and nieces hugs from Aunty V! And even a tiny one to WW.

What is the film choice this week?

Hugs to you on this Irish bank hols

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/04/15 01:09 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2594988 08/06/15 01:04 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Just seen a few people posted so thanks for that

Hi Bob. Glad your doing well Thanks for checking in

Vanillia. Few films this week. We watched Ultra Violet the other evening and I was reminded of your self !!! Kick @ss lady who was taking no cr@p !!!

We been watching the Resident Evil films the last while !!!

D14 not feeling the best so we've not been walking for a few nights She did mange bowling last Friday though. !!! A real trooper.

D14 of to see L/C today , EXW is taking her and then both Ds off to have their hair cut

S16 invested in an air hockey table for his room so we've all had great fun with that !!!

Things much the same re EXW , she still seems fragile but calls me on and off. Not as much interaction as before but I presume thats normal and things will get quieter as time goes on.

I'll post later after I see how EXW gets on with L/C

Take care Rd

rd500 #2595248 08/06/15 10:28 PM
J
J
Seriously, resident evil? We may need to do something about your taste in films....

Hopefully EXW appointment went well.

It seems really clear that she still wants you as part of her life but I'm guessing at the moment she doesn't see how that might work. As she explores some if this I'd expect a wide variety of levels of contact, better probably to expect nothing.

Take care RD.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2595352 08/07/15 09:00 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Whoa whoa whoa, Resident Evil is before its time, it will be classed as a cinematic classic in years to come !!!!!

Milla's portrayal of an attractive, sucessful woman in a man's world who then had her world ripped away from her but she over comes the obstacles, of gender, sexism , oppression, stereo typing, violence, racism and loss and once again triumphs is heart warming.

Her depth and sublte nuances in voice and hair flicking can only be compared to Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca or Katharine Hepburn in Bringing up Baby but while both those ladies did bring a certain something to their roles I think , in time, people will agree the Milla brought a certain Eastern European edge to the role that only she could !!!!

I think it was best said by Ocsar Wilde in one of his more witty moments ( of which he had far fewer than many might think) he said, Resident Evil Rocks !!!!

I truely believe had Shakespere realised his full potential and not become stuck in his soap opera period, he may have become close to a script depicting real tragedy and betrayal that some of his earlier work hinted to, just like Resident. (sorry Vanillia)

While I think we have all learnt on this board to become more tolerant of others and respect how people percieve things as their reality , in this case you are wrong Jim !!!!

I invite you to revisit the films with a more informed attitude while leaving preconceptions at the door and embracing the films for their heart warming tales of adversity, overcome, of friendships formed and ripped apart but still treasured, of love and hate and how a simple thing like zombieism can blur the line between the two. Of how a stunningly beautiful woman can go from very attractive to incredibly attractive in a slightly torn outfit while killing zombies !!

I think I have amused myself more than I will amuse others with the above. Sorry about that.

take care Rd

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard