Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
C
C
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Well, D21 had a rough couple of days following the trade of our short stop. She was devastated.

If this is the worst thing in her life - I will take it!

Me-70, D37,S36
W
W
Cadet,

You have nuthin' on me, mate. I played shortstop for a State championship team back in high school. Soooooo...sorry for bumping you out of your spot. grin

G
G
I miss you, bets! Sounds like, as usual you are handling things like a champ. I admire you. I hope to be like my big sis one day!

Purging feels good, doesn't it? Makes you feel lighter! Heck, I cleaned out the fridge tonight and in felt a sense of calm!

OP Offline
Cadet - We've moved on to a completely cracked iPhone screen, and she's on her way back to school to help coach the volleyball camp for high schoolers this weekend. All is well.

D18's senior pics went awesome. I can't wait to see them.

Ginger, I miss you too. I'm in awe of you and your D and love your updates.

Purging feels better than great. It's like a weight off my shoulders. I think I'm even more committed to it after visiting my folks. My mom had just finished helping my cousin clear out his mom's condo. My mom came home with my grandma's roaster. "Because it has good memories." I told her, "Ya know, Mom, your memories live in your heart and head. Not in the fricking roaster." I can't believe I'm related to people who are attached to the memories of others through stuff. I can see *some* things. Like I think of one grandma when I do laundry and look up to see her cross stitch sampler in my hallway. Or my other grandma when I use her crystal wine glasses. But her roaster? Jaysus. What a mess I'm going to have to clean up if they don't move before they go.

I need to go through my pantry, so thanks for the reminder to move to food. I can donate to the food bank at church.

Miss you sweetie pie.

Now, off to go get D18. Then her dad will be picking her up and I have a free weekend. Yee ha!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
Time for a quick update. Last week was total mayhem, and I didn't have 2 minutes to myself all week. I much prefer my days at work going quickly. Today has been busy as well, but I've got a little break in the action, so I figured it was a good time to post.

All is quiet on the western front. We got D18's senior pictures back for review on Friday. They turned out really cute, and I've chosen a good photo for the yearbook. Quite pleased there. BTW, the one I posted on the alt is not the same... the one I chose was much better. cool

While my hair stylist was attaching foil to my head on Friday evening, I got a call from D21. I guess things got really ugly between her BF's stepdad and the rest of them, so they were in the process of moving over to his dad's house. They're at the shore until tomorrow, and she leaves for school on Saturday, so it's not too bad for her. Her BF has another week of work left and he's okay.

Here's the potential problem with remarrying, folks. His mom has been married to stepdad (who I will call SD here) for 10 years. I guess he's a guy with an angry undercurrent and has explosive episodes. Her BF told me when I met him a couple years ago that he didn't care for him because he felt he didn't treat his mom the way he would expect a husband to treat his wife. I've stored that away.

Well, I guess they were all loading the car up Friday night for a 5 am departure to Wildwood. SD was mowing the lawn and accused one of them of scratching his truck. My D21 says she didn't see anyone close to it, but it was possible. Still, no one fessed up to it because he was screaming loud enough for neighbors to come out of the house. Her BF came home from work and SD lit into him. The BF was calm and rational, chose his words carefully and did not resort to the name calling that the SD did. In the end, SD looked at his mom and said, "He is not welcome in this house any longer, and you need to make a choice: him or me."

Sigh.

So the BF told his mom, who was crying, "I won't force you to choose between us. But I won't be back in the house again."

Oh, SD also told his sister that he wouldn't feed the cat while they were gone and she'd come home to a dead cat. WTF? Who says that?

I know full well that what he said to BF's mom were fighting words. I told both of them, "You realize he's being an unreasonable a*hole to put your Mom in the position of being the bad guy, right?"

Anyway, when D21 was alone with me she said, "I know I used to give you crap for not dating, but I have to say thank you for putting all of us in a position not to have to do this. I love you for that." All I could say is, "you were and are worth it, and you're welcome."

Blech. I did tell them to do really nice stuff for his mom and give her a little TLC because she's going to have to make a decision before too long. The good news is that it was HER house before they got married. Hopefully, they have a prenup.

My guess is that her BF will either spend the holidays at his dad's house or come to mine. Yay!?!?!

On a funny note, I think I might have mentioned that my D18 loves her iPad? She uses it for her talk chat app and when not in school, watches netflix (she loves movie trailers) or you tube. Most of the stuff she watches is child friendly - like the Grinch or watching animal videos. Before we got in the shower, she was watching a clip of a lion chasing some other poor animal in the desert in Africa. She got out of the shower before me, and was standing at my vanity watching with her towel wrapped around her when I walked out. I got her clothes and then returned to the bathroom to see her hunched over really close to the iPad watching AVIDLY. So I scooted her over to see and was stunned to see her watching 2 horses "doing it" on youtube. Hung like a horse is definitely not an understatement! Needless to say, I put the kibbosh on that, cleaned out her history and said, "Yuck! You need to stick to the grinch, okay?"

It still makes me laugh. No wonder I'm crazy.

Well, better sign off. We're getting a thunderstorm here at work, and that means we have a good chance at losing power. I'm off!

Hope everyone has a good week.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Good grief!! What the h3ll is wrong with some people??? That's a guy that's going to end up at the end of life all by himself and wondering why no one wants to be around him - however he probably won't care anyway and will blame his loneliness on someone else. So sorry your D21 had to deal with that and I feel sorry for her BF and especially his mother who has to deal with a jacka$$ like that all the time.

Glad D18's pictures came out, but no surprise as she's a very pretty girl. My D17 received her senior pictures back as well. I think it's crazy that she hasn't spent a single day at school as a senior and won't for another 3 weeks but we already had senior pictures!

BTW - wasn't too crazy at how your Rockies roughed up our NATS over the weekend! Oh and it appears you've sent your thunderstorms to the East as we have thunderstorms in the forecast for this afternoon.

BA

W
W
Bets,

Let's recap what happened in your world.

-Mayhem
-School pictures
-Raging Stepfather who is a real d!ck
-Supposedly scratched truck
-Horses who are hung

That sounds like a round of Mad Lib game! grin

R
R
Wonka really? Is the horse thingy a dig at me? Thought you liked me smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

OP Offline
You guys are too much!

I'm telecommuting today, so I have a little free time here.

BA - if I apologized for baseball, it would be a lie. grin But you know I'm a Nats fan otherwise, right? I wish I could tell you we're helping with the Mets, but that's an outright lie. And sorry about your game last night too. If it's any consolation, I had family members texting me from the games this weekend, and they were gloating with false bravado. I opted to reply to them, "Glad you're having fun at the game!" and left it at that. grin

We actually had tornadoes yesterday! I went outside my office when I got a weather alert on my phone and was horrified to see a funnel cloud descending. We're not supposed to have that today, and the weather folks this morning say yesterday's storm is in MN today. So we'll try not to send them due east.

D18 starts school tomorrow. The change to a much earlier day is not going to please her (or me) at all. Leaving my house at 8:30-8:45 for camp is going to be replaced by 6:50 am. UGH! I guess the only consolation is knowing that we have 2 days and then a weekend to really get back to normal.

So with that happening and D21's teammate arriving this afternoon on her way back to school from California, I opted to work from home today. That way, I can get stuff done. We'll all be distracted once the girls get here, and I don't want to be up late tonight. Well, later than I have to be... last week, this wouldn't have been possible.

OK, off to get stuff done before my 10:00 call.

Hope everyone is having a good week. And to all you middle children, happy Middle Kids day!

Betsey

Albert Einstein
W
W
Hey, Guys...I am gonna join this pool.

I just read a news story today where hackers released 37 million names of cheating spouses from a cheating website. Holy cow! I cannot help but wonder if those hackers are folks from some affair-busting sites. Oh boy! Talk about a scorched earth approach.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard