Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2588047 07/14/15 10:22 PM
job Offline OP
OP Offline
Here are some easy steps to follow to assist you in linking threads on the Divorce Busting Forums:

1. Once you have created a new thread, go to the top of your screen where the Address Bar is located, (you have to be in the new thread) to begin the linking process. If you aren't familiar with what the Address Bar is, it is the bar that indicates the http://www URL listing where you are sitting right now on the internet. Go the that Address Bar, place your cursor over the Address Bar and right click.

2. At the drop down menu, click copy.

3. Then, go to your old thread, create a posting advising readers that you have created a new thread and while in that posting, right click again and at the drop down menu, click paste. Your new thread link is there for all to see and yes, they can click on it to get to your new thread.

You would follow the same steps to link your old thread to your new thread, unless your old thread has locked because you've reached the 100 posting limit.

For now, this has been the easiest way for posters to link their threads and yes, you can do this with any thread on the Forum and not just the Forum you are currently posting to.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Thanks Job. What I don't know is how to retitle the link into 'tootling along' - some people do that and I'm always impressed!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
C
C
Originally Posted By: Toots
Thanks Job. What I don't know is how to retitle the link into 'tootling along' - some people do that and I'm always impressed!

In reply mode use the second button from the left(with a little world on it) - enter the URL - then the title.
Use preview button to test.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C
When selecting the URL you will use for the link try to avoid the ones that say new or part 1, all numbers seem to work better.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C
Originally Posted By: Cadet
When selecting the URL you will use for the link try to avoid the ones that say new or part 1, all numbers seem to work better.

It helps me to get a proper link by clicking on the red name in the shaded portion of the next post.
So if you click on the Re:Cadet in this post it will give you the link for the previous post.

When it is the first post of the thread sometimes I will use the "View Posts" function to get me the proper link.

Lot of work to get the right link but it is worth it!

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
Originally Posted by Cadet
Originally Posted by Cadet

It helps me to get a proper link by clicking on the red name in the shaded portion of the next post.
So if you click on the Re:Cadet in this post it will give you the link for the previous post.

When it is the first post of the thread sometimes I will use the "View Posts" function to get me the proper link.

Lot of work to get the right link but it is worth it!

How about how to make partial quotes that list the original poster and link to that thread?

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
8/2013 discovered EA, W maintained contact with OM
until 10/14
7/2/17 W said she wanted S, 7/25/17 moved out of MBR
12/17 W says moving out 5/18, W still in home.

C
C
Originally Posted by RR17
How about how to make partial quotes that list the original poster and link to that thread?

You need to use the full editor mode

then at the top the fifth box from the right has a little world on it.

Click that and a box comes up - put the link in that box and then
another box comes up for the title

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
It's so easy when you know the right box. Thanks!

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
8/2013 discovered EA, W maintained contact with OM
until 10/14
7/2/17 W said she wanted S, 7/25/17 moved out of MBR
12/17 W says moving out 5/18, W still in home.

D
DnJ Online
D
By the way, if you want to dress up your linking you can use the URL command.

Syntax:

[ url=Web Address]Displayed Text[/url]

Note: I left a space between “[“ and “url” otherwise it would be seen as the command and it won’t display. Need to remove that space when actually using the command.

Web Address - The address of the page or post your are wanting to link to.

Displayed Text - The blue text that will be displayed, which when pressed will take the reader to the aforementioned Web Address.

Example which links to the top of this thread (can press quote to see its syntax clearly):

Link to job’s original post on this thread.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard