Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
A
AJM Offline
A
Glad to hear your dad is doing better, Wet. Scary.

Of course, if you think that's scary, try waking a 14 year old football player with a bum knee smile

Nice to hear work is getting better too. Seems things are going your way...

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
My Dad is back at home. He is feeling better and hap-hap-happy to be out of the hospital.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. I have reverted in the past 2 days to thinking of how I can best use our anniversary to pursue my W. Maybe I will invite her out for drinks? Or dinner? Maybe I will do her taxes for her... Sigh.

I found a good anniversary quote from someone named Paul Sweeney. I thought I might send it to W:

"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year."

So tonight I saw W as I picked up s14 for football practice, and W was heading out to her Bible study. Thankfully, common sense and remembering my DB training, I said nothing. No hugs. No kisses. No mention of tomorrow's anniversary. No pursuit. I will not send W any anniversary quote.

But dang W looked good. Soooo good. I still miss her.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
A
AJM Offline
A
Glad to hear your dad is back home. That's always a good time for a happy dance smile

AJ

Put the glass down...
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Today is our anniversary date. I texted W after 10 am to tell her "Happy Anniversary. I hope that you have a great day."

W responded a half hour later with a text saying. "Thanks, you too."

My smart alec response - "Still the greatest band on Earth." (Do I need to explain this? wink )

I went over and saw my Mom and Dad. He looks good, he is happy to be out of the hospital. D19 decided to text me a bit about her 'Papa', and I suggested she give him a call.

Weekend plans include having s14, his football game Saturday morning, and then a friend's wedding Saturday night. It will be nice seeing some of my old high school/college friends.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
This morning I called W to see if she would sign a Stipulation to lower child support b/c d18 is 18 years old and off at college (called emancipation).

W told me what was on her mind - let's sit down and talk about "other things". We should be divorced now. Let's hire an arbitrator to finish this up. Divorce, Divorce, Divorce, is all she wanted to talk about. Then she complained that the child support wasn't enough to pay for s114.

On the divorce, all I said was "the ball is in your court" (meaning I previously provided her with a stipulated divorce agreement, which she did not sign.) I wish I would have said something more "pro-marriage" like I am standing for our marriage, if you want the divorce, then you do all the work. But I didn't say what I wanted. But at least I kept it short.

After she vented, I got her back on topic. She was uncomfortable, but our daughter is 18, and going to college, she said she would sign my stipulation and get it back to me. The call has left me unsettled, and a bit shaky.

C
C
Wet

I think exchanges like the above... They get caught off guard and the knee jerk reaction is to get defensive and resort to their "go to" which is the divorce card. I think at this point your W knows you are pro marriage... Otherwise it would be you who is pushing for that .... She went there because she did not see this coming, retorted she isn't getting enough to for S14 in an effort to keep things status quo... Good for her ... I wouldn't beat yourself up for the pro marriage stuff. Let her sit and marinate with this new change that is about to happen and see where she goes with it

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
W did not sign the Stipulation to reduce child support, though she agreed to (b/c d18 is now going to college). I will not argue with her on this. Instead, I will just file a Motion to get this done.

W appears to be in an agitated / flight mode again. D21 went to see W last night. D21 wanted to get some feelings off her chest to W, seeing W post on FB about dating a 34 year old guy, and this upsets her.

So when d21 got back to our place, she said W wants to move 50 miles to the west with another guy, but W understands she can't do this right now b/c it would move s14 out of his school. We both want some stability for s14 right now, and staying at his school, with his friends, is a priority. I am guessing I will soon hear from W again that she wants me to take over her condo and take s14, which seems to happen at the start of each month, so she can go chasing after her 'Prince Charming'.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Here is the Friday Lawyer's Joke:

A lawyer was walking down the street when he saw an auto accident.

He rushed over and started handing out business cards.

“I saw the whole thing,” he said. “I’ll take either side.”
laugh

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Last night I went to pick up s14 to take him to football practice. I saw W and asked her to sign the Stipulated Order to Reduce Child Support, b/c d18 was "emancipated".

W was upset. She understood the reduction of child support hits her. She asked to see the Stipulation and I showed it to her. She was agitated, and said she would like to have her attorney "review it". I said "fine, I will just file a Motion."

I showed it to her again, and it was only 2 sentences long - d18 turned 18, and she graduated from high school. Simple as can be. So W signed it, but told me I "owed" her. I emailed it to the County Attorney for her review. I am thankful this issue was resolved without much of an argument.

Today I picked up s14 again for the weekend. His football game tomorrow morning. I will try and get some rest, as I am under the weather.

A
AJM Offline
A
"owed her"? Back payments?

Get some chicken soup too, right?

AJ

Put the glass down...
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis