Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2579163 06/17/15 02:23 PM
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
This thread isn't an extension of my previous posts. I just have noticed a good number of people here are people of faith... church-goers, working with Stephen Ministers, etc. Not intended to be a thread that promotes any faith in particular, but I was wondering if it would be appropriate to start a thread where those so inclined can come specifically to ask prayers for ourselves, for our spouses, for our marriages, and to pray for all those intentions. I know we often offer to pray for each other in each other's threads, but maybe this could be a more intentional place to do it for everyone.

(I am a strong believer in the power of prayer. My circle of family and friends are joining me in a novena for my W starting this Friday. If there are any Catholics (or others!) on the board who wouldn't mind also joining in, I'd love to have you help us storm heaven for her!)

I hope it's okay... I'd like to start this thread by offering a prayer of gratitude for this board, and all the people on it...

"Thank you, Lord - it is in suffering that we grow stronger and closer to you, and it is in community that we find solace and the comfort of your love. Thank you for this community of selfless, giving people - men and women of integrity who are fighting to honor their commitments in spite of often overwhelming obstacles, who love their spouses in spite of rejection and betrayal, and who take time out of their days to support others who are dealing with the same. Please bring strength of heart and mind to all your children here as we move through these trying times, and bring us your peace."

I truly am grateful for all of you. I hope we all can come here to offer prayerful support to each other, and to pray for our spouses as well.

Me: 46 Her: 41
M: 5.5 yrs / S: 20, 18
3/26 W and I meet OW
BD: 5/2/2015, she takes off ring
W goes to stay with OW 6/26
NC: 9/5 Both moved out: 10/16
I take off my ring and feel... healed: 10/19
K
K
I think this is awesome, I definitely am looking for prayers for my wife and me in this storm of our life.

Difrent, I just said a prayer for you and your W; prayed for healing and comfort, and that the Lord works through you and your W to reconcile. Also to give you strength to persevere.

Me: 32 Her: 29
M: 5 T: 11
D2
ILYBINILWY: Jan 15
BD: 2/13/15 (I found out, she didn't tell me)
W filed for D after I confronted OM 5-27-15
Papers served 6-3-15
Temporary Order 7-15-15
W Moved out 7-17-15
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you, Kembo... and I just prayed the same for you and your wife, and for your daughter.

3/26 W and I meet OW
F
F
Praying for everyone on this board to find some peace from the suffering we are exposed to. For us and all our families to also find the strength and guidance to keep going. For our spouses to realize the mistakes they are making and take a chance to rebuild the M they committed to.

I'm looking for prayers for my W, for her to see her value and not base her self worth upon another person. To find herself and her path through the storm shes facing in life.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
Fogg #2585355 07/06/15 10:51 PM
I
I
What a great thread! Thank you!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
B
B
Hello DifRent,

As I'll bet you could've guessed, I think it is a great idea! And I love the way you described the idea behind this thread as all have and are entitled to our own beliefs. I think it is a very caring idea you have. It doesn't surprise me...you are a caring person.

Dif, I just said a prayer for you and your W. I also said another prayer for all others on this board giving or needing help.

Here is a prayer that is intended for someone who has just found out their W wants a separation and/or divorce:

"Dear Lord, my life is ripped apart, and I can’t keep from focusing on the devastation and pain that seem to define my very being. Help me turn to You. No one else knows what I am going through. Amen."

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Glad this thread has some traction! I said a special prayer at Mass this morning for all of you, and for your spouses.

I also, obviously, said a lot of prayers for my own W this morning. If you're interested in reading how I got a surprisingly swift answer to those prayers, please check it out on my thread.

Prayer works, I absolutely believe it. God bless you all.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2585588#Post2585588

3/26 W and I meet OW
T
t33 Offline
T
Such a nice idea. Asking for extra prayers for my W and I.

Me: early 30s Her: same
M: 5+yrs T:10+yrs
D (2): under 10s
OM PA - Began Apr/15
A Discovered/ILYBINILWY: Start of May
Removed ring: End of June

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard