Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
M
M
My 4 year old told my SFIL that he wasn't her best friend because he wasn't eating a Popsicle like the rest of us. MIL told her she shouldn't say that because it isn't very nice. My daughter just looked at her and shrugged, like a raging 16 year old. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
R
ralphy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Got in a couple really good laughs at the show. Forgot that life [censored] for three straight hours.

Thanks for playing along. New goal tomorrow.

Me: 39y/o male
Wife: 35y/o
1 daughter, 2y/o
R
ralphy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
7/4 - Today's goal is to maintain a PMA and make a list of 5 things I'm thankful for:

1. My beautiful, smart, and energetic daughter.

2. The support of my family.

3. A country that, despite our faults and mistakes, is proud to be free.

4. Pony rides and fireworks tonight.

5. God remembering me.

Last edited by ralphy; 07/04/15 05:20 PM.

1 daughter, 2y/o
P
P
Great list Ralphy. A solid dose of gratitude will help all of us today. The simple fact that we live in a country where we have access to the internet is something many people would kill and die for.

Thanks for posting that.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
M
M
Ralphy - there's a TED talk by Shawn Achor about this topic. I highly recommend it!

R
ralphy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
7/5 - Goal - Today I will take time to listen with true sincerity and validate what I am hearing, making eye contact and validating - with everyone I interact with.

1 daughter, 2y/o
R
ralphy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Quick 2 minute update on the weekend, as I'm going into rehearsal for my show.

Had a nice weekend with D2 and W. Saturday we went a D2 rode a pony, some carnival rides, and then we skipped fireworks and went to dinner.

Sunday, we went to the pool and then hung out at the house for awhile. W seemed upbeat, which helped my PMA. I slid a little and was a little too huggy/kissy I think, but W didnt push me away either. I said ILY, which I'm second guessing, but she did say it back, which she would not have done a couple weeks ago.

W has been organizing the garage. Something I should have done months ago, but was lazy and half a $$ed it. Now she's done it, and I regret that I didn't do it better sooner. Live and learn. One positive, she didn't seem to be pushing me to take anything other than what shouldn't have been there.

I'm curious as to how to positively acknowledge her hard work, validate her efforts, and also apologize that I didn't do it when she asked me to. I really do feel bad about it now. Something to think about as we are having lunch together on Wednesday and I'd really like to at least acknowledge her efforts without pursuing...

Last edited by ralphy; 07/06/15 11:57 PM.

1 daughter, 2y/o
W
W
Ralphy,

What are your W's primary LLs?

That should key you into how W receives "love" from you.

R
ralphy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't know Wonka. I've tried to figure that out. She used to love getting flowers. Now she says "flowers aren't affection", and she's never liked flowers.

I'm not completely familiar with the Love Languages (might have to start reading I guess). But she's nothing like what I knew before, so you would probably know about as well as me at this point.

whatever love language deals with following through, carrying my weight financially and with keeping the house clean is probably the language I need to be speaking right now. It's been an eye opener going through this, and I will demonstrate my changes when I get a chance, but not being at home makes it tough.

Last edited by ralphy; 07/07/15 03:55 PM.

1 daughter, 2y/o
M
M
Originally Posted By: ralphy
I don't know Wonka. I've tried to figure that out. She used to love getting flowers. Now she says "flowers aren't affection", and she's never liked flowers.

I'm not completely familiar with the Love Languages (might have to start reading I guess). But she's nothing like what I knew before, so you would probably know about as well as me at this point.

whatever love language deals with following through, carrying my weight financially and with keeping the house clean is probably the language I need to be speaking right now. It's been an eye opener going through this, and I will demonstrate my changes when I get a chance, but not being at home makes it tough.

Sounds like "Acts of Service"...

Are there things you can do for your D...doctors appts, new clothes, things like that?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard