Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
Enjoy your well deserved break! I head to Toronto today, then Philly tomm, Florida on Monday. Can't wait. The past couple of weeks have been challenging to say the least!

Barb

W
W
Enjoy 'cuz you deserve it!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I survived my long drive back from Denver with a strong storm thrown in at the end. Bets is a wonderful person which I already knew. It was like we see each other all the time! Found out that we have even more in common.:)

Friends on DB do make good friends in real life. I am beat now and sitting in my recliner watching "the shining" which seems fitting after visiting the Stanley hotel. I left plenty to do for the next Denver visit. I told my D16 she will be needing to be driving before our next long trip so she can share the driving. Lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
It was SO nice having you and your sweet girls. My house is too quiet now. frown

That storm has wreaked so much havoc since you left. It started pouring around dinner last night and just stopped a little while ago. My street looks like a debris-filled creek. Plus I found out that one of the down spouts on the front of the house (at the highest point, of course) is either clogged or has debris in the gutter. I don't do ladders, so I'll have to call a handyman.

Hope you have a good weekend! D18 and I'll miss you guys tonight!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Maybe Denver was sad to see us go too! I don't think Flora followed me here, I haven't smelled her perfume around anyway.

Still waiting for the ac people to call. I dread having to replace it but the time has probably come.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I did a Find a job you love workshop on Saturday. I was certainly at a different life stage than the other people but still got some ideas. I think the biggest thing is just putting yourself out there and not be afraid to network.

I actually followed up on one of my ideas and contacted the former zoo director here. He ran safaris for several years. My idea is to get into conservation at least as much as I can do here for now.

Next step is to look into a creative writing class. Taking small steps to try out my interests.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
Excellent! Follow what you love.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This is really interesting to me. I have been over my job for quite a while and actively looking for this past year. So today my boss is nit picking and again driving me bonkers. I don't have the next job lined up but I work to keep calm. I keep thinking this is what a walk away spouse has done. The work really hard to not rock the boat while just dying inside until they get the nerve to leave.

It gets me that my boss is adamant that I become a notary again but I don't want him to pay for me to be one while I don't plan on staying much longer and yet I don't want to tell him I am leaving, until the right job is created.

I am not trying to excuse behavior by a souse because this isn't exactly the same. Yet, I have said I would have divorced him a long time ago if we had been married.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I had a bad day with a couple of big jobs dumped on me. I know I had talked to my boss about it several months ago but yep, I messed up and didn't put info in the notes. Gee, I really wanted to feel like a scolded 10 year old.

While working on one of the problems, I just started crying, how miserable I am, everything came out to this poor lady helping me at home office. I felt terrible that I was crying and laying out everything.
Then I find out a friends family was in a bad wreck and my stuff seems even more insignificant.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline
W
(((hugs))) to you Kat. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

I feel like you do sometimes where I have a bad day, dump on someone else my troubles, and then learn of someone else going thru something much worse. But you are sharing your feelings and the pain that you were going thru - and this has to be a good thing, right?

We can't all be machines, or superstar DB advisers (like you). Sometimes we open the door to others and hope a stronger R develops. You have my best wishes for getting thru the big jobs at work, and that your friend's family member gets better.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard