7 years together
11 months married
No children
W Left me-moved to her moms: June 2015
W filed for D: July 2015
B
B
Hello Aj8,

I'll catch up on your situation later. For now, just remember, there is always HOPE!

Please make sure you read as many of the things that Cadet set you up with when you joined. If you read "Sandi's 37 Rules" read them again. Good as gold!

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
A
Aj8 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Bob , really appreciate it . Doing a lot of reading , a lot of Sandi's things don't apply though Bc she's living with her mom now frown

Me:35 W:30
7 years together
11 months married
No children
B
B
Originally Posted By: Aj8
Thanks Bob , really appreciate it . Doing a lot of reading , a lot of Sandi's things don't apply though Bc she's living with her mom now frown
You're welcome, Aj8, just like my WAW. For now, do what you can to better yourself. None of us is perfect!

You may have noticed that from time to time I post a "comforting" bible verse in my thread, or usually someone else's. You are grieving now. This verse is to comfort those in time of grief. Even if you are not a believer, I pray it brings you some comfort:

“I cry to you, O LORD; I say, ‘You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.’ Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me” (Psalm 142:5-6).

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
R
R
Hi AJ. Just to add my voice to the others. Hope is there for as long as a YOU want it. Your whole world has been rocked but it not destroyed Your W is doing what she's doing That's her choice. You can chose to let this difine you or you can change and improve yourself.

Life will be good again mate. It's really difficult but the only way to get through this is to go through this !!!!

Stay strong and control the only thing you can. You

Take care. Rd

N
NDY Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Aj8

Yes they do. You just don't see it yet. The opportunity will come. Like I said, you are still in panick mode. Bob is correct in as much as learn everything you can right now. You will interact with your W. It will happen so you need to prepare. Yes it's hard and yes you will do it wrong a few times but don't concern yourself about that. Do the homework. It's there for a reason.

Peace

Me:43 Her:42
M:14
S:9
EA started 2014/03 (or there abouts)
PA started 2014/05/30
BD:2014/11/05
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02
She left 2015/06/10
OM still on the go.
S
S
I think our posts passed each other. smile Hope you'll catch my previous post.

Quote:
how can one say she's my soulmate just over a month ago and for seven years and just in a matter of weeks give up

I believe you were hearing lip service from her. During the time the two of you were apart and she had unmet emotional needs and/or didn't feel you were doing anything to fill them....her feelings probably started to change somewhat. She may have continued to "say" she loved you and that she was your soulmate......and that could have been her way of reaching out to you, in hopes that you would give back what she was needing at the time.

I don't mean to rub salt into the wound, but hopefully teach you that women are creatures who "require" a certain amount of emotional nourishment from their partner, or they become very vulnerable to someone who is not their partner. The breakdown in the relationship begins when one person in the M is not providing or filling the needs of the other person. It can be either person, but being a female myself, I'll just speak from the W's viewpoint. My grandparents were married over 65 years! One of the wisest pieces of advice I ever received about M, was my GM saying that you never reach a point in M that you can stop working at it....if you want a good one! Unfortunately, too many of us think we don't have to keep working at it. Guess that's why we don't hear of too many who stay M for 65 yrs!

I know you must feel horrible now and are beating yourself to death for getting so negligent during the time she was staying with her parents and trying to get through the 18 months (which is a long time to stay apart). Long distant relationships can work (military families, for example), as long as some form of communication continues. My guy communicated more when he was in the military than after we were M and living together! Go figure that one. Anyway, most of us have to learn these lessons through our own mistakes. I hope you may learn from some of our mistakes before you make more of your own.

There are various things that could be going on with her that has caused her to be so strong minded in getting a quick divorce.....and so suddenly (as you say). However, the majority of newcomer H's are experiencing what they never thought would happen to them. Many have said that there is no way on earth his W was in an A. (Which could be an emotional affair, physical A, imaginary A, long distant A, or Internet A/cybersex). That is why I asked you how you confirmed she had absolutely not cheated. B/c simply asking her and taking what she says for the truth will be setting yourself up for a bigger shock later. I hope with all my heart that there is no third party in her head/heart, but I think you need to brace yourself to discover...just about anything. Remember, all cheaters lie. We see this happening more and more, however, it doesn't necessarily mean your stitch will fall into the same category. Even if it does, it doesn't determine your M will end in a D. And even if that happened, it doesn't mean the two of you would never get M again.

Your biggest battle at this moment is with Aj8. You have convinced yourself that it's over b/c she won't contact you or doesn't want to talk about anything that isn't D related. Guess what? That is true in many cases when the W first drops the bomb. Look at the time periods in that list of Mozza's saved M's. The shortest ones are at least a year, and most around two years.....and some even longer. So it takes a long time to get this stuff worked out. You are just getting started. You have to talk to yourself and decide for yourself, and your mental attitude is going to make the difference. If you are so certain it's the end just b/c she says it is......you might as well throw in towel now. Listen, this can be turned around, but you have got to have a little hope and confidence in something that is much bigger than just what she's saying at the moment. Okay? And btw, she's not your friend right now, so you need to be Aj8's BBF. I'm serious, be good to yourself, forgive yourself, and don't give up on yourself.

While you are waiting on your books, be thinking about the guy you were when you first started dating her. Compare that guy to who you are right now. What can you do to find him again....or become a better version? This may sound so flimsy, but hang with us and you'll begin to understand more as we go.

Set some goals that will help you accomplish these improvements in yourself. Long term and short term goals just about you and your actions.....not hers. You can't control what she does, so how can you set a goal that is based on her action?

Think really deep and know what your own standard of values, belief system, moral and religious beliefs are, and what you can't live without and what you won't tolerate. B/c you have to know what you want and what you believe....and it has to be based on something deeper than just the emotional feelings you're experiencing right now. At this very moment, you probably are thinking you can't live without her or that's all you care about in life is to stay M to her. No, that's what you are wantingATM. We have to learn how to distinguish between what we are feeling emotionally from what we base our beliefs upon. Make sense? We can't operate strictly from our emotions, alone. That is what I think your W is doing at the moment. You can't afford to conduct yourself based on emotions right now, b/c you really would be your own worst enemy and shoot down all chances of reconciliation. You have to determine your conduct/behavior/actions on your norms & standards, what is right & wrong (morally & spiritually).

I hope you have good support from your parents and friends b/c you need to be with people who love you. If you continue to feel so utterly dark & hopeless, please contact your doctor, spiritual leader, or someone to help you get off the ledge.

Keep posting and talking with us. Continue to read the links Cadet has suggested. Please do not give up. Morning will come again. ((hugs))

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
A
Aj8 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Sandi And everyone , yes Bob I'm spiritual went to church last week, felt good . Sandi I did neglect her Bc she told me she'd never leave me unless I cheated , and I never did.
It's hard not to give up when she's moved out , closed our joint bank account and even her family/friends now tell me they see no hope of her coming back to me smirk and yes I'm all emotional right now , want to be with her forever , etc
If she's cheating I'll never know...btw I'm not in the ledge , definitely not suicidal, just very emotional/sad/distraught...hate these feelings and still don't see how she'll ever try with me .

Listening to everyone and doing what you guys are recommending ,bless you all smile

Me:35 W:30
7 years together
11 months married
No children
M
M
AJ - let's say you decided to walk to Alaska. You can't see it from your house, right? But if you start walking, step by step, you may get there eventually. You may decide it's too damn cold or too damn far or it may sink into the ocean. But. You may get there and see it.

It doesn't matter if you can see it NOW. Just start walking.

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
P
P
Damn, Sandi just dropped the "Must Read By All New LBS'S" manual in this thread.

I'm going to print that out and post it on my fridge.

Thank you that on behalf of all of us Sandi. I truly hope everyone in your world has returned to health and that peace is prevalent in your own life.

Much love,

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard