Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog

Yes, I have your info, and I'd love to come over. Usually, I have my friends pop in at my folks' so I can have a base for socialization. But we might need a few hours away. LOL. I might have to bring D18 if that's okay. You know I'd love to meet Carol. smile And I definitely won't turn down any scotch.

Hey Bets!

My Casa is your Casa! I'm hanging here for the 4th of July weekend so once you get in town let me know what days/times work for you for a visit. My son is coming out from Columbus so you would get to meet him as well as "Carol" and of course your D18 is absolutely welcome. I hope you have a smooth trip out - and yes be prepared for the usual DC summer humidity!

BA

OP Offline
Down to the countdown. Busy week, and I just had a kind of scary experience with a road rager. I was in error, and he just wouldn't let it go. He took photos of my car and followed me back from lunch. I'm not sure what to think... so I locked the office door just in case. And I have some cop friends I can call...

Anyway, another death in the extended family. D18 and I will be attending a viewing in Annapolis next week. This is the mother of my cousin's hubby - the same cousin who lost her dad a few weeks ago. I wasn't planning on packing a dress for me or D18, but ok.

Then yesterday, my former FIL got in a horrible car accident - which was his fault - and he totaled his truck. Apparently, he decided not to take his blood pressure and thyroid medication anymore and got really goofy. He's now really loony. Mr. Wonderful called him at the hospital this morning, and his dad told him that he was at the post office, visiting with his hairdresser. When FIL asked Mr. W. if he wanted to talk to the hairdresser, he said YES. I'm not sure I ever met a nurse that looked like a hairdresser? We laughed about it, but both agreed that it's beyond not funny.

He's expecting to have to join forces with his brother and exercise POA, which is going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl. He's supposed to drop me and D18 off and pick us up at the airport, but I told him if he needs to head to MT, to go. I'll know more tonight. What is up with our families? They apparently want the death group discount or something.

So tonight I'll try to steer clear of the tornadoes and start the laundry marathon so I can pack tomorrow. Looking forward to getting out of mayhem. I'll probably find more, but it will be different. wink

Back to the funny farm...

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
M
Hi, Betsey, I'm sorry the hits keep rolling in. Travel safely...

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
K
K
Bets, you deserve some time to slow down. I am terribly sorry that there has been yet another loss. I hope you get together with BA and he can help lessen the sadness for you.

You know you can always call, though I know you will be busy packing. Thinking of you during this rough spell.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Yikes Bets, so so sorry you are having to deal with more sorrow and pain. Then to top it off getting stalked by a crazy Colorado road rager - something's gotta change here! Hopefully a trip east will break the cycle you are in and happier times will result.

Safe travels my friend and hope to see you later this week.

BA

W
W
Bets,

The funny farm is no place for you at all!

Ugh...so sorry about the family challenges and departures. Life has a strange way of throwing curve balls at odd times.

Hope you have safe travels.

S
S
Wow, Betsey, life just keeps coming at you. Wishing you some calm and peace and safe travels.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
S
Hey Bets,

Just popped in to wish you a good week. It just HAS to get better, right?

Life is going better here. I'm sending you good vibes.

Barb

OP Offline
Hi all!

Thanks for the good vibes - they worked!

BA, I'm really sorry about not getting together this trip. HOWEVER, they're all bugging me about coming back for Thanksgiving. I'm thinking on it. The only hesitation I have is that starting Labor Day weekend, D18 and I will be on a plane every weekend save 2 (late September/early October) to watch D21's team play. That's a LOT of flying and a LOT of time away from home and a LOT of things that won't be done on weekends. We'll see, but if I were a betting person, I'd bet that we'll be in DC for the holiday. LOL.

Yeah, that I-25 sniper isn't creating warm fuzzies here. So far, his targets have been north of here - Loveland/Fort Collins area, but that doesn't mean the a*hole can't drive south. The FBI is doing some profiling, and hopefully, it will produce fruit. The guy is insane.

The time away did wonders for my psyche. I came home in a better frame of mind, only to have Mr. Wonderful pick us up at the airport on Sunday in a more crappy frame of mind. It was a tough go for him. I've left him completely alone since we got back, save our trip home. I know him well enough to know he needs radio silence for awhile.

I spent nearly all of my time with family. I did manage to see a couple friends for a spell, but I wound up doing the things that I felt needed to be prioritized. Like visiting my uncle in the nursing home. And going to that damned unviewing/unfuneral/unmemorial on Thursday night. It was the weirdest get together post mortem I've ever spent. BUT... some extended family members I had not expected to see showed up, and all 12 of us wound up grabbing dinner at the Annapolis harbor - which was TONS of fun. My belly hurt from laughing so much. I really, REALLY miss my family.

Then D21 flew down from Albany early Friday morning. We had such a good, brief time. Monday morning I got a text from her that said, "God, I'm so depressed and home sick. I really miss you. And I miss Gram and Gramp and everyone else so much that I want to cry." I totally relate. She's called my folks every night since she got back, and I think it makes all of them happier. D18 and I took a 5 hour nap when we got home. That's how tired we were!

BA, I brought the rain back with me. It's poured since I got back. Very strange weather everywhere this summer.

On a more funny note, my doorbell rang the Friday night before we left. I was down in my family room, avoiding laundry and packing and came really close to yelling, "Whoever you are and whatever you're selling, I don't want any." (My front door was open and I had locked the screen door, but it was obvious someone was home.) Fortunately, I didn't go the surly route. grin Turns out it was my neighbor across the street. He was holding a bottle of nice red wine and said, "Wanna join me?" He came in and we spent the entire evening drinking that wine and talking. He's a career/life coach and let me tell you, he calls me out on every single thing I do that builds up the walls. LOL. I told him that normally I wouldn't appreciate it, but I would let him slide 'cause he cooks for me and bears wine with his observations and commentaries... that happen to be 100% accurate. So it's nice to have a neighbor that is sociable. I've lived there for 15+ years and nobody has ever asked us over for dinner, and I haven't reciprocated. My neighbors are nice, but it's just not something that is done there. My old neighborhood was the polar opposite. Anyway... I was pretty busy Saturday morning, making up for what I didn't do on Friday night. We had a late flight out, so it all worked out.

Now that I'm back, I seem to be dealing with all manner of crap here at work. Unexpected crap that annoys the sh!t out of me. I'm in a much better place to deal with it than I was 2 weeks ago, so bring it on.

Thanks so much for the positive vibes. You guys rock!

Hugs,
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Hey Bets - Glad you made it back home safely but sorry we missed getting together. The good news is that Scotch doesn't go bad - so it will still be at the ready if you come back out in Thanksgiving. grin However I think Thanksgiving for whatever reason is one of the most stressful holiday family events of the year - at least it always has been in my extended family - I tend to try and just stay home. So perhaps I should buy an extra bottle just in case! smirk

Hope the work issues settle down for you and we both get rid of this crazy rainy weather. We've got thunderstorms forecast again today! frown

BA

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard