Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
W
OP Offline
W
Well, the last two I met for coffee I was the one who didn't want to continue...not unlikely here either lol. We'll see.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
Good luck and have fun

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I almost made it...a real live coffee date lol. She messaged this morning saying she couldn't make it and apologized. She then texted me as well with a similar message. The weather here really suucks today so I'm not surprised, I didn't really want to venture out in it either. She didn't give a reason. I thanked her for letting me know and mentioned the weather really wasn't that inviting to venture out in and wrote "another time". I'm leaving it to her, she cancelled and didn't respond with a "how's next Sunday?" or any other suggestion. Just a "thanks". We shall see. C'est la vie lol.

B
B
Wii - sorry the coffee date was cancelled but I think you are spot on with your response and also leaving it to her to suggest a rescheduling of the coffee date. If you are really interested in her, you might do a brief follow up message to her in a couple of days to just check in. If she doesn't respond to that positively (or at all) then on to the next adventure! :-)

Best,
BA

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks BA, I'd be surprised if I ever hear from her again. If a woman cancels with a guy she really wants to meet she's gonna make darn sure he knows she wants to re-schedule. She's not gonna say "thank you" and that's that. I won't be messaging. There were a couple of concerns I had e.g. distance but thought I'd check her out 'cuz she was nice, pretty and approached me. She also knew Qi Gong and Latin Dance which I enjoy(ed) too. But, it is now time for my long awaited sabbatical from this online idiocy. It's never boring...just unrewarding lol. I'm gonna hide my profiles and spend some time with God and lose a bit of weight. Summer is too nice a season to waste on this!

W
OP Offline
W
OK, I said I was gonna stop but I slipped up! Now I'm messaging with a nice lady who works for a financial services company downtown, she's an artist and takes nice photos too! We've swapped Instagram and Flickr info and have been busy looking at each others work. We'll see how this goes...my hopes aren't high 'cuz online dating is a hope killer lol. She seems nice, funny and hopefully not an online dating site hobbyist. We shall see.

B
B
OMG, Whatis, you are so funny. Cannot imagine why the ladies aren't interested. I've registered with OurTime, just out of curiosity. It's only been a couple of weeks. No coffee dates yet.

I've got some issues already, for instance, and I quote, "First of all, you cannot contact me on here. You can try to get me with something starting with "out" and ending with something rhyming with "book". Com at the end, and my user name in front." What's with that? Or, they don't bother to put anything on about themselves, and maybe just one picture, or no picture. Or, they send a msg and say "feel free to send me a message." Nothing in their profile. One can imagine why I hardly ever return those messages or flirts. Or, "you deserve a flirt." What can I say to that, except, "thank you." Many of them are not local. They come from Texas, Utah, New York, all across Canada. What's the point unless you're in the area.

It's quite hilarious. laugh

I hope I just meet someone nice somewhere else.

Oh, I have an "FF" for you = financial freedom

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
OP Offline
W
Lol. I think you're getting a lot of spray! They msg a ton of women with a couple of words in the hopes that they'll get one hit somewhere. I don't bother much with winks etc., if you can't send me a message with a complete sentence at least then I can just imagine how much work you'd put into a relationship. I also look for people who put work into their profile...it tells me they might actually be serious. I'm learning that it may just show they're literate and that's about it! I always put thought into approaching a lady...did you read my "20 Can't Miss Reasons You Should Want To Meet Me"? That's at the end of my profile and women seem to like it. They tell me which numbers they like the best lol. This lady likes 7 & 8.

1. I’ve actually read your profile
2.I will never call you "Babe"
3. I know running shoes don't go with every outfit
4. I believe Sushi is a power food
5. Head games make my brain hurt
6. A weekend with Pepsi Max was my mid-life crisis
7. I’ll respect your shoe collection
8. I believe in God and He believes in me
9. I really am single!
10. Old Spice...no dice
11. I'll make you laugh until you pass Latte through your nose
12. I know fine dining means more than two forks
13. I can inhale and exhale independently
14. I'm modestly awesome
15.I know Michael Kors is not a beer
16. I can use chopsticks
17. My photos are really me
18.I love IKEA too (Ok, I'm just kissing up to you with that one)!
19. I want to get off this site too.
20. And did I mention that I really am single?

Good luck in the wacky world of online dating Being Me. I tell people that online dating is teaching me just how lucky I am to be alone lol. I know, not the right attitude...but it is funny!

W
OP Offline
W
Oh, I asked this lady how big her shoe collection really is and she said "I only have a few pairs but when wet they multiply" I replied "maybe it's best we just not go there lol" So she's funny too!

W
OP Offline
W
OK, here's profile gem of the year!
"The story goes like this, my boyfriend cheated on me and since I love him, do the same with the person I want in front of him and he should participate and watch. so it took many years to get his agreement. Now we are ready and is a bit of punishment for what he did. Interested ???"

Uh, NOOOOOOOOO!

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard