Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2582758 06/28/15 10:23 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Nothing much o report. EXW had been calling and texting all week but I have only responded to texts when it was to do with kids and finishing calls asap.

One call was EXWs cash in hand job is becoming legit so that means I lose tax credits !!!
Another plus on this divorce rubbish

I won't hore you all with details but EXW has been telling D14 how she wants to me On my way! but can't at the moment because of issues between me and EXW

At this stage I m getting tired of it all. I havnt seen EXW in person for over a week and don't see any need to

Positives this week , I've been asked out twice. One by a young lady (26 ) I deal with through work and another lady who I know through a friend Funny thing is younger lady made it clear it's purely physical !!!!! How times have changed since I was a young man !
Anyway I'm down most of the time these days and I thinks it's because I see a huge amount of aggravation in years to come with co parenting etc.

I will do my best but life was hard enough without looking at all the problems to come

Thanks for reading. Rd

Link to links
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&view=started&id=36100

Last edited by Cadet; 08/19/15 05:18 PM. Reason: Links
rd500 #2582764 06/28/15 10:59 AM
S
S
Well RD - you clearly haven't lost your touch have you!! Two propositions in one week - I think I have only had two during my entire sitch! Though I was talking to a male acquaintance the other day. I told him H and I had S. He said ' oh, you must have dumped him right?' I told him no and he couldn't believe it - truly amazed that some guy might be crazy enough to dump me!

It would certainly put the cat among the pigeons to have a 'purely physical' thing with a woman almost half your age. I'm not recommending it by the way....though it did make me smile..

I didn't understand what your W has been saying to D14 - I think the typing went a bit awry there RD. I can understand you getting tired of things - It is a long and wearing experience and it is important to look after yourself and plan nice things to counteract the inevitable down times.

Try not to feel down about the future. Your W is as she is just now. That doesn't mean that she will always be that way and that coparenting will be a challenge. Best to let tomorrow take care of itself and make the best of today..

Is your roast dinner in the oven yet?? I'm Mum-sitting all day, so it's a quiet and low key Sunday for me. Busy social week coming up though.

Take care RD xx ((((RD))))

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2582766 06/28/15 11:32 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Toots. Just re read it. Doh. EXW came into house Weds morning very upset. D14 asked why and EXW saidshe was missable all the time and wanted to come home but couldn't because of issues between EXW and me

Lol on my two propositions. Younger girl and I have been friends for over 3 years and always very flirty I was in her office yesterday collecting some pallets and she was there. I did not expect her to be there and she told me she had handed in her notice and instead of flirthy anymore how about 1 night in a local hotel I played along and she she tried to frim up and time in a local hotel for last night. I was very tempted as she is a very very very attractive young lady but it's not me. I'm not much to look at Toots but.very charming !!!!!!!!!!!

I think my biggest problem is I see everthing in black and white I can't see EXW every wanting to reconcile and feel all the talk of homesick etc is just guilt

Ham is on and I'm about to attack the spuds !!!!!

Have a great day with Mum !!

The reason you have only had two approaches is very attractive ladies are hard to ask out , you intimidate us normal looking people

Take care. Rd. xxxx

rd500 #2582844 06/28/15 06:47 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: rd500
Positives this week , I've been asked out twice. One by a young lady (26 ) I deal with through work and another lady who I know through a friend Funny thing is younger lady made it clear it's purely physical !!!!! How times have changed since I was a young man!

I will do my best but life was hard enough without looking at all the problems to come.
Hi Rd,

Thanks for the encouraging post in my thread. I feel better already!

I'm sorry to hear you feel down lately, but it is totally understandable. By the way, would you mind clarifying what your EXW has been saying to D14? Thanks.

You are such a good man, and apparently a "lady magnet," too. You're 49, correct? You've been asked out twice and once by 26 y/o lady. Let's go bar hopping, I'd love to be your wing man to pick up any tips, in case my W does not want to R. (I'm still not giving up!)

Somehow, we will make it together thru this nonsense.

I think you should enjoy the attention, why not? cool

Hang in there mate.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
Bob723 #2582904 06/28/15 09:47 PM
V
V
RD,

You make me giggle with girlish glee. Two props and Pink in one week?

Enjoy, let this tickle your ego.

I once said to Gg, you only need one, in your case one lovely colleen who has that which rocks your world. Two is greedy my friend.

If you see Liam on the emerald send him in my direction. Swoon.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 06/28/15 09:48 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2582912 06/28/15 10:23 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Bob. EXW told D14'she wants to come home but can't at th moment becaus of issues between EXW and myself

Re lady magnet , yes Bob , I e always been a lady killer , NOT I am a normal 49 year guy who is not very attractive but I e been lucky that I have an animal magnetism when it comes to beautiful ladies AGAIN. NOT

The young lady is someone I've chatted to for years and we always got on. The meeting on sat was a bit surreal and I was only sure she want joking when she started discussing hotels and times It is an open offer apparently but it's not me Bob Maybe 30 years ago but not these days ( as with all these posts , the previous statement does not apply to Pink , Toots or Vanillia )

Vanillia thanks for posting Always with the Liam !!!!!!! if I see him I'll point him your way !!!

Take care. Rd.

rd500 #2583154 06/29/15 06:44 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Few events today. EXW texted and called several times today and wanted to chat. I let her chat as I saw her yesterday and she seems very depressed.

During call EXW was telling me she had a migraine and wasn't feeling well.

Last week SIL called me asking if I could help EXW pay for doctor as EXW had a few issues and needed to see doctor. I said I would try. During today's conv. I asked EXW if she had seen doctor and EXW said no I offered to pay but she refused for a while but finally agreed

I called SIL to let her know and she was pleased as EXW has been telling her she thinks she s depressed and has been texting SIL some very sad texts

SIL also told me that MIL had spoke to EXW and begged her to return home but EXW told her that she wanted to but couldn't see me accepting her back

EXW seems to be bouncing along the bottom at the moment and it's rough to watch. She seems to be reaching out but still unsure what she wants

On dating front I spoke to younger lady today and let her down gently ( LOL)

I hope she gets over me one day !!!!!

Take care all. Rd

rd500 #2583188 06/29/15 08:11 PM
J
J
Hi RD

Looks like I need some good from you on how to get the opposite sex interested smile

Reading the above I feel really sorry for your W, bumping along the bottom seems a good description.

Out of curiosity, does SIL know your stance in the marriage. It just feels like she might be a valuable intermediary

I hope things change positively soon

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2583248 06/29/15 10:23 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Jim. It's a gift mate !!!!!! Trust me it's doesn't happen much these days

SIL wants the M back and knows that's what I want but at the moment EXW has lots more to worry about. All exw s family think I'm a decent enough bloke they are all rooting for me and want the family back together.

They have all called me offering support and all think EXW is suffering a breakdown of some sort.

Thanks for posting Jim. Take care Rd

rd500 #2584273 07/02/15 09:45 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. EXW phoned yesterday and sort of lost it down the phone. I am having the family home valued and EXW was not impressed. She said she will never agree to sell as kids need their home and they are happy there. I explained I was only getting a valuatation and as she owns thalf the property it's impossible for me to sell the house without her signing.

She calmed down and said she was having a lot of issues at the moment as her body was giving her issues. I asked if she had booked doctors and she said she changed her mind as she was too busy. She then started crying and said she was depressed and missing her family and home. I validated and she said she felt she was all alone and she had to leave last year because the situation got too bad. Again I validated and ask her if she would go to the doctor on Monday as a favour to me. She responded that she would if I would get my kid eg checked as its iver due We agreed on this and EXW stopped crying and said she didn't know what to do and hoped doctor could help her sort her life

We finished call and about two hours later I got a call from SIL to thank me for getting EXW to go to doctor SIL said EXW seemed very down and she was worried about her.

Today EXW called and seemed much happier We chatted for a while and I mentioned if she felt depressed she needed to speak to a proffersional. EXW picked up I was talking about suicide and said she wasn't thinking that way anymore and felt a little better. I just offered to be a the end of the phone if she ever felt that way again EXW did say she wants to go to L/C again but we will
See

D11 was with EXW yesterday in my garage and EXW just started crying saying her life is a complete mess D11 gave her a hug which is like getting s hug from an angel

I was with L/C this evening and she thinks I'm doing well. I'm keeping my head clear of EXW and OM much more than before. I think I'm starting to understand that EXW has lots of issues and not just her R with OM

I'm feeling ok at the moment. I went to work on the bike today. Earphones blaring 70"s and 80"s hits and me spending a little bit too much time on the back wheel All on closed roads of course.

I see a lot of heartache on this board and so many people who are prepared to change for the better for their R. L/ C told me to improve myself and let EXW to her own devices. Lives life Become the best RD I can and detach while being there for EXW until she's sorts out her own life One way or the other
Sound familer ?

Take care all. Rd

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard