Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted By: Eirinn
Teach, there is someone on here...and someone chime in....that has a lot of the success stories linked

I think it's Mozza.

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
P
P
Teach there's a whole "Lessons from Successful DB'ers" or something like that section on the main page of the forum. It helps to read just to get some perspective.

You've got people on there with loooooong situations. It's also good to ease your fears.

I was convinced that while I was out of the country my W was having the time of her life, maybe dating, but loving life without me. I just found out from a close friend of hers that she was miserable the entire time and isn't seeing anyone but family. All of my fears for nothing.

Keep working on yourself, it will pay off either way.

Big hug,
PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
T
teach3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you for checking in on my thread. I will appreciate anything you post.

Your words literally brought me to tears. My S17 knows I'm using this site and a coach. He checked my thread and came and told me to log in and read your post. He said "I know these people are strangers but they are giving you great advice. Tomorrow is going to be better mom, all we can do is try."

I know my convictions and I know I can learn from my mistakes. I'm not a quitter and my mind is making things worse for me.

3 goals for tomorrow:

1. Take a shower..LOL
2. Repaint my windmill
3. Cookout for my son and his friends

My H coming home for awhile will be difficult. I want some strength back before he gets here. It's going to be strange. I'm so thankful I have this place to support me.

Me44 H47
M22 T28
D23 S17

P
P
I will post some "quick advice":

1) Learn to let go of control. This is obvious and easy to say, but much harder to do. However, it is critical to your recovery.
2) Learn to forgive. Most importantly, learn to forgive yourself.
3) Always do the right thing, no matter how difficult it is.
4) Act honorably.
5) Go out of your way to do something nice for someone else today.
6) Make today great! Don't wait for it to happen.

M:12y - BD:12/11 - D:6/13 - 4Ds

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.
M
M
Hope you accomplished your goals for today, teach. Especially #1 - if that was on your list, maybe it had been a while? wink

Hope you had a great day.

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
T
teach3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
LOL it had only be a day! But pitiful poor me depression smells rank!

H called and was strange and calm on the phone. Said he will give his all to fixing our relationship. I've learned this week not to believe his words, so I'm just going to wait on some positive actions.

It will be liking getting a squirrel to eat out of my hand ;-)

I'm just going to go slow, but I'm going to post every bit of this because people in mid life crisis are....hmmm what Texasism could I uses to describe them ...Throwed Off!

The public needs to be alerted to these strange creatures.

Me44 H47
M22 T28
D23 S17

E
E
LOL! They are indeed strange creatures. My H turns off his light when I walk by his room at night and the turns it on again after. They're just weird, lost people.

Good for you for having no expectations with your conversation with your H. That's a huge step forward for you!

E

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/16/2015 Living in separate bedroom
1/8/2016 H moved out

P
P
Thank you for stopping by my thread Teach, I appreciate your kindness.

Looks like you got some amazing advice from PM, how is your Sunday going?

Big hug to you.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
F
F
Originally Posted By: teach3
I've learned this week not to believe his words, so I'm just going to wait on some positive actions.

Exactly, just keep the expectations down to zero and let his actions speak for him, not his words. Time will show you which to believe smile

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
T
teach3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Up late, guess my mind is racing. H tried his best to fight with me today. I believe he wants a reason not to show up Wed. I'm not going to give it to him.

He went from telling me he wanted to go on a "Date" with me to yelling at me.

My son said it's like he is out of his mind. I know he is
at least feeling depressed because he half way admitted it.Then said he would work it out on his own.

I think he needs to see a doctor but I'm not going to bring it up. He acts like I'm his enemy.

I want him home because I haven't seen him in almost two months. He stayed an extra month after announcing he was "DONE", but I refuse to be walking on egg shells around my own home.

I'm just praying for strength and reading tons of info on mid life crisis.

As far as the "Date", should I plan one?

Me44 H47
M22 T28
D23 S17

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard