Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
beatrice #2606458 09/13/15 03:33 AM
U
U
Hey Mighty...just wanted to know how you are doing...

uRworthy #2612876 10/06/15 05:47 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Ditto - Mighty, where are you? Is everything okay in your world? Here's hoping your remodeling is all done, your kids are doing great in school, you have a tall dark and handsome new guy, and your ex and OW have moved far far away!

kml #2621266 11/03/15 04:44 AM
M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi guys! Just wanted to drop in real quick. My life has been so busy since summer. And, boy, what a different life I live now! It took some adjustment to get used to all the changes, little by little, step by step... all changes. It took time... still taking time. However, I can honesty say I would never, ever ever go back to my old life. Never!

I have really found the sweet-spot of my life~ I mean, yeah, it's full of chaos, struggles, upsets, and all the raunchy things that life can throw you, coupled with repairing a torn heart, shattered self-esteem, destroyed family, disintegrated future, and, of course, all the...ahem...excitement a mlcer leaves behind...and them some... and a bag of chips, too!

So, all that, and yeah, I'm pretty stinkin happy. I'd like to say the new me, but, well, more importantly, the OLD me has returned. I like that chick. OK, so I was 18 the last time she truly made an appearance... and who the heck is an 18 year-old anyway? Well, yeah, I found her soul... but now she is a little wiser, calmer, patient, considerate... and all that fantastic stuff. So, yup ,I've grown. A lot. Still lots to go, and I hope I always have my eyes open, even on my own reflection.

My house is still at a stand-still. I'm out moo-la... which evidently, you need for renovations and additions... but, we make do. And I am in the process of refinancing. Whew! The last little tie....

S18 is doing great in college. He really likes it and is working hard at ensuring good grades so he can transfer and go away to college.

D14 is doing well. I had a feeling that this was going to be her year for... processing... and it seems to be true. She transferred about 3 weeks into school to go with me to the district I'm in. She has been asking since everything went down if we could move away... this was the best I could do for her. But, with some understandable ups and downs, she is doing considerably well... despite being a 14-year-old girl....haha.. dem girls be full of da drama...

Xh is stewing a little as of late... I really haven't heard a peep since Wal-Gate until recently. He has sent a text and about 4 emails... just dumb stuff about refinancing and crap. I haven't responded. In fact, I have tried to block him from every possible account/number I could! Just caont seem to do it with one of my email accts... but I'm just going to change it. I really have no reason to communicate with him. BD date, year 2 passed on 10/21. I didn't think about it until d14 exclaimed, "Do you know what today is?" Then proceeded to tell me it was 10/21- Back to the Future day or something or other. I realized it then. Felt nothing. Halloween, of course, xh bday. Again, felt nothing (and had a fab day!). Hmm.. and now that I think of it, our wedding anniversary would be this week. I feel nothing. I have totally moved on. The guy I thought was my husband does not exist, and frankly, I hate wasting my time thinking or talking about him. He gets nothing from me, and I do believe I have become the queen of no contact! I own that $hit! Know why? He isn't worth it and does not deserve one second of me.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot!! He emailed me that he has cancelled child support payments until I respond to him! Haha~ what a dummy. He really still thinks he has control of me and that he can make up his own rules to get what he wants. I want to add a significant point here... that would have made me spin in the past. Now I think he is pathetic. But, when I saw this email...I was literally sitting in the dr office. I felt my blood pressure go up and I thought I should have them check it, as they had just taken it. And it hit me... here I was in the dr office again... dealing with the effects of stress my body had endured for two years. The last email I had gotten from him, I was in the dr office. And it was one year ago that I had surgery bc of him. That's when I decided to totally block him. I did not need continued anxiety from his stupid messages.And his messages don't give me the anxiety they did before, but I HATE hearing from him! I feel like I could go the rest of my life w/o ever talking to him again! I have no reason to communicate with him at this point. So, I won't.

Moving on...

Again, I'm good; however, the stress... stress... stress... has taken a toll on my body. All last year, as people worried about me... as I was withering away, I knew I was strong and healthy and I wasn't worried about my physical health. And now, my body is telling me it endured just as much as my head and heart... my mental and emotional weren't the only things affected. It has taken me forever to get into a dr, but I go this week. I have a litany of... I don't know... side effects... I'm not entirely falling apart or anything, but my thyroid is off and blah, blah, blah.... I will be ok, just be careful peeps... take good care of yourself!!! Even when you think you are good... dealing with mlc is no joke.

Outside of that... so much fun in my life! My social life is on point. Lots of good peeps to hang with. I have made so many amazing new friends and have unexpectedly reunited with some past friends too! I always have so much going on... in a good way!

And.. Ellie.... yup... tall dark handsome new guy... It's actually the guy I went to the wedding with over the summer as friends. We were very close friends in high school. I've known him for 30 years. We were on the same soccer team when we were 9! Anyway... I was not looking for anyone- at all.. and I really questioned if I would ever even be in a r again... and wasnt really into the idea. But this is way different. And really good. I have learned so much and I know exactly what I DONT want in a r. I know I would never get intertwined in a co-dependent r again... We both have our own lives, and respect that. He is so good to me. Very respectful. We have tons of fun...it's just really good.

Anyway, guys, that's just the quick and dirty... I felt I should check in; particularly to thank you for all you have done for me. I can still hear many of you in my head as I maneuver my way through this part of my life... through the good and bad... you have given me wisdom, courage, insight, strength, perspective, friendship, and hope. Thank you.

Mighty #2621270 11/03/15 04:53 AM
S
S
I FREAKING LOVE YOU, MIGHTY!!!!!!!

Omg I miss you!!! so great to read your update!!!

I have to read again because I was skimming quickly so I could respond....

OMG YOU'RE SO GREAT!!!!

M44, H44, both M before
M4 yrs, T6
BD 7/13 ILYB something isn't right with me
H att suicide 2/14
S 4/14
OW disc 5/14
D final 4/15
Shining #2621273 11/03/15 05:03 AM
M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Love you, Shining!!!!!!!

Mighty #2621274 11/03/15 05:06 AM
S
S
LOVE YOU TOO!!!!

How weird is THAT that we checked in on the same night?!?!?

(Twilight Zone music ensues.....)

M44, H44, both M before
M4 yrs, T6
BD 7/13 ILYB something isn't right with me
H att suicide 2/14
S 4/14
OW disc 5/14
D final 4/15
Mighty #2621287 11/03/15 11:26 AM
job Offline
Mighty,
It took a long time to get where you are today...but woman, you are doing fantastic. I'm so glad that you finally have gotten to this place of detachment and are living your life for you now.

Renovations will continue as the money comes in. Knowing you, you'll get them done...little by little, but you will be proud of all that you've accomplished on your own.

Might, I'm so proud of you. You've walked a difficult path and now...it appears to be far smoother for you than ever before.

As for the children, I'm happy that your son is doing well in college. He will enjoy meeting new people and if his goal is to get good grades so that he can go away to college, he'll be determined to do so. Your daughter is still having a tough time of it, but in time, she'll heal.

Never ever doubt that you are a great mother and beautiful person. Your strength shines through in this posting. I'm glad you returned to give us an update. Keep up the good work!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Shining #2621292 11/03/15 12:06 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Tall dark and handsome, gotta love it wink

As for the texts and emails from ex: I suppose, since you still have kids together, you might need to actually have some line of communication available for communication about issues with them. I stick to email and stick to just the facts.

kml #2621316 11/03/15 02:39 PM
V
V
Hi Mighty!
I just caught up with your sitch. We must have the same MLC'er. But I am so happy for you moving on. You are so strong and brave and MIGHTY :-) Focus on the GOOD!

Congrats on your new life!May the Lord shine His face upon you... Numbers 6:24-26

You are doing GREAT! Prayers lifted for you and your kiddos.

God Bless,

VGE1

Romans 8:28

vge1 #2621422 11/03/15 09:15 PM
L
L
Hi Mighty

So great to read your update and that you are doing well. Its been a real rollercoaster of a ride for you and I am so happy that its slowed down enough for you to enjoy the view !!

I am so happy that you feel back in control of your own life again and that your family are thriving, its a wonderful and inspiring update to see from you.

[[hugs]]

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard