Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Good morning everyone! I had a good weekend with the kids. Even though I have been doing good lately, I struggled some over the weekend. Seeing families together made me miss what we used to have. I hope one day I can have something like that again one day. I wonder sometimes who would want to be with a 42 year old single father that doesn't drink, is not rich and still has a good relationship with my step kids. Oh well, right now I am thankful for my children and for this day!

Last edited by Joe46; 07/05/15 04:56 PM.

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

S
S
"I wonder sometimes who would want to be with a 42 year old single father that doesn't drink, is not rich and still has a good relationship with my step kids."

Joe, I'm sure there are many lovely women out there who would want that!!

Glad you had a good weekend and are doing well. It's not surprising to struggle over the big holidays, but you made it though...

Take care x

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Toots!

Oh man, it so hard to keep my cool when dealing with STBX!!! I really bit my tongue today. One comment from her about dealing with separation was she just wanted to keep it simple. I told her that this is not simple, it is the break up of a family. She said well it isn't a family when 2 people are miserable. I so wanted to say, if you were so miserable why don't you just leave all of us alone. She has these kids all upset. Now she is trying to buy their love. She never talks to them but for a few minutes at night. Or send D12 texts once in awhile. I wish she would just leave all of us alone.

Now she says she is bringing a friend with her to come get the kids to help drive and keep them occupied. I told her is she shows up here with some guy, they are not going. She says it isn't a guy, but if it was I could not keep them from her. I told her those kids don't need to go through that kind of crap!! So now my kids will not only feel weird seeing their mom for the first time since Memorial Day, but now they get to spend 2 days traveling with some stranger. She does not want to play these games with me. I have tried to deal with this in a civil manner the best I can.

I know V, I am trying to just "BREATH".

I had to vent!! I got a little worked up!!!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It baffles me how someone goes from seeming happily married and in love with you to hating your guts so fast!!!! I try to talk civil, but as soon as I stand my ground about something, they hatred is just crazy. I can feel it through the text message!!! LOL!!!!!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

V
V
That's pyrrhic. Fight with all your might for those precious ones. I am sending every ounce of support I can across the miles.

I learned a new trick on the breathing recently.

I learned to add colour and scent.

So breathe with green air and pine for health.

Breathe through nose and mouth with blue air and eucalyptus or peppermint for calm and peace.

Breathe with pink air and the scent of roses for happiness.

I am sure you get the idea..........

It really works. But don't do brown!!! Unless you want an unpleasant surprise.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 07/07/15 12:51 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
That's pyrrhic. Fight with all your might for those precious ones. I am sending every ounce of support I can across the miles.

I learned a new trick on the breathing recently.

I learned to add colour and scent.

So breathe with green air and pine for health.

Breathe through nose and mouth with blue air and eucalyptus or peppermint for calm and peace.

Breathe with pink air and the scent of roses for happiness.

I am sure you get the idea..........

It really works. But don't do brown!!! Unless you want an unpleasant surprise.

V

Lol! OK V. I will have to try the different scents! I need calm and peace right now. I hate when I get sucked into a argument. My fault for allowing it to get to me!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

V
V
I just imagine the scents.........

And it's not a fault but a reality! Get resolute instead. Dear old reframing.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 07/07/15 01:20 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Is there something wrong with me that I fear that my kids might want to live with their mom because she is trying to buy them? I have had a moment of weakness today after being strong. I am disappointed in myself for allowing her to get to me. I am better than that. The truth is I don't care what she does. My kids are my everything. Unfortunately I have to share them with a shallow, self centered, immature cheater. I question sometimes why God can't allow me to be happy with someone. Why do I constantly have to deal with drama!!!!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

W
W
The kids will eventually see past the gifts. The are much more perceptive than you give them credit for. Keep being a good person and they will love and respect you for the right reasons.

Me: 30's W: 30's M: 12yrs
EA: Started 3/2015
MC Started: 4/2015
She moved out and served 6/2015
PA: Confirmed 10/5/2015
2 young kids

"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything."
B
B
Originally Posted By: Joe46
It baffles me how someone goes from seeming happily married and in love with you to hating your guts so fast!!!! I try to talk civil, but as soon as I stand my ground about something, they hatred is just crazy. I can feel it through the text message!!! LOL!!!!

Hi Joe,

I know exactly what you mean. I was just checking in to see how things have been going for you lately. Sorry to hear you've had such rough times recently. Somehow, I know you are going to get through this!

As Toots wrote: "Joe, I'm sure there are many lovely women out there who would want that!!"

I feel the same way. In my case, I'll be 55 near the end of this month. You are a "young man" compared to me. LOL! grin

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Your friend,

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis