Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
job Offline
They can and will go lower than you think.

So, how are you and the children doing?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Job.

The kids and I are doing fine. S is growing up so fast. He is so much like me in so many things he does. He tells me how X gets irritated with him because S is like me in so many ways.

D has been having thoughts about dying and is scared to grow up because she thinks she will die, or her family will die. I remember having those fears when I was her age. I just try and comfort her. It isn't easy though.

As far as me, I am doing well. Still whittling down debt. Doing a good job with it too if I say so myself. Totally happy in my relationship with NG and the kids absolutely love him. But I do have to admit after so many years of it being just me and the kids it is strange to be "a family" again. I got so independent. And NG wants us to be together. But I am used to doing my own thing. I am trying to find some middle ground because while I love my independence I can understand how he feels.

I think it may be time to look for another job. I am feeling fairly stagnant where I am and I am not too confident in the future of the company where I currently work. There aren't a lot of options though. I am waiting until after the move so I can concentrate on things more fully.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
job Offline
WH,
You may want to start "brushing up" your resume. You don't want to wait and you move. If you start working on it now, it will be easier to make edits to it once you have relocated.

I'm sure your xh gets annoyed w/your son because he does remind him of you and that's got to be a thorn in his side. LOL! Also, your son is growing up and is now capable to questioning the things your xh says and does...a little bit harder to manipulate him now.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having issues w/dying. Did someone die that she knows? Where did this come from? I'm sure it's a difficult issue to deal w/because she knows that when people die, the physical body is gone. I hope she can work through this and soon.

As for being independent...you can still be independent and have a balance w/the NG. Don't change YOU to please him. It's a two way street and both of you will need to make changes and adapt to each other's personalities and even more so once you move in together.

Since summer is right around the corner, what are your plans?

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, Job

I already have my resume ready, just waiting on the right job to send it to. I updated it a few months ago.

I don't want to change me, it's just hard to get him to understand that I like doing things by myself once in a while. I think it will get easier as we are together more and we can do our own things. It's hard to find the right balance. I am used to doing everything alone and actually don't mind it. LOL.

I am not sure why D is scared of death. I know OW's mom died last year and he dragged the kids to the funeral. S gets it, but that was the first funeral D is old enough to remember. Not sure if it's sticking with her and now with the move things are coming out? Change might do that. I remember being scared of that at her age. Never wanting to leave my parents for fear I would never see them again.

This summer the kids are signed up for camp. D is in baseball, basketball and swimming while S is going to summer school to prep for high school. I can't believe he's going to be a freshman. Where does the time go?

For me, just working on moving in and getting settled, and planning some camping trips with the kids and without. NG and I are going to a rock festival later this summer just us two. Maybe a vacation if we can coordinate schedules.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
Couldn't help thinking about the raspberry beret yesterday wink

Saw my ex at my son's college graduation yesterday, with his (much younger) new wife. She's not an OW so I don't bear her any ill will. But some of the changes in my ex crack me up. He was wearing a lavender dress shirt (a color I NEVER EVER saw this masculine surfer dude wear) and had to run to the bathroom because of the coffee he drank that morning.

Now, in 26 years together, I never - EVER - not once! saw him drink a cup of coffee. And since he has bad irritable bowel syndrome, it seems like a...umm...explosive combination???

Keeping up with the cool kids, I guess you have to pay a price. maybe he feels the same way when he pictures me playing drums in my punk rock band??

W
OP Offline
W
LOL That's hilarious KML.

X is not so much trying to look younger, he just has his idiot OW dressing him now. When I picked up the kids the other day he answered the door wearing shorts and black dress socks and sandals. Ugh. I am thinking more and more he is less having an MLC and more just losing his friggin marbles.

I had D with me for Memorial Day to watch S march in the parade and she wanted to see her daddy, so I near him and OW. X I know how to handle. OW just drives me up the wall. She talks to me like we are best friends. But then again, I think she talks like that to anyone who is within earshot and can't get away. But I witnessed some interesting interaction between X and OW. OW saw a great dane on the other side of the street and got out of her chair to cross the street to see it. X told her "sit down and don't worry about the dam dog". She said "shut up I want to see that dog". She started to cross the road and X called out "make sure you get hit by a car when you're crossing the road". Now that's love.

Made me realize that my life is pretty awesome. And I don't have to deal with that crap ever again! He's actually been somewhat decent to me lately. He must want something. He did mention to me that work is pressuring him to go back to school to get his degree and he will need my help. We will see how that works out.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
B
B
Quote:
He did mention to me that work is pressuring him to go back to school to get his degree and he will need my help. We will see how that works out.

hahahahahahah grin

job Offline
wishing,
How in the world are you suppose to help him if he has to go back to school? As I recall, he fired you as his wife, companion and lover. Wouldn't the help need to come from his current love bug? He's forgetting...you've moved on and yep, divorced. I think the beret is a bit tight on his head these days and he can't accept the fact that the divorce changes things. Poor man.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard