Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
T
TenBook Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Update:

I recently had a conversation about her Rewriting history and how none of that was true. It was a bad backslide for me. Was angry. More of the behavior that got me in this mess. I said I was angry back then because she was in an EA so what did you expect?

She writes me back and shows me a journal of before the EA and shows that I was not treating her well.

Do I respond?

job Offline
I wouldn't respond. You do realize that you can't rationalize w/someone who isn't rational at the moment? It's like having a discussion w/an orange. She's emotional and quite frankly, her reality is her reality, just as you reality is yours. Please stop trying to rush the process. As long as you know that what she's saying is Memorex, then let it go for now.

The more you point out things to her, the more justification you are giving her for separating from you.

Keep the focus on you and allow her to play out all of the Memorex tapes she wants for now.

If you do respond to her, just say "I'm sorry you thought I wasn't treating you well" and leave it alone. Otherwise, just leave it alone. Don't touch the hot stove again.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
TenBook Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you Job.

One more question,what is the meaning of life?

job Offline
TB,
What is the meaning of life? I'm going to share my thoughts on this question. But, they are only my thoughts.

The meaning of life can be different for each person, i.e., day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. It is not to simply exist in this world, but to survive, to move ahead, find a way to achieve and/or conquer those mountains that are put before us. It is the journey which means not any one specific thing, outcome and/or result. It's a process that we all have to experience, learn from the mistakes that we make, share what we have learned, to be compassionate, have empathy and unconditional love for our fellow person. If we can look within and are not afraid to dig deep and accept who we are, as individuals, and be happy w/what we have and who we are, then to me, that is the meaning of life.

I am sure others will have their own individual thoughts on the meaning of life. What does it mean to you?

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
TenBook Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I don't know the meaning of life.

But I do know how I want to live it. Happy.

job Offline
TB,
Then sit down and truly think about it. Jot down some ideas and come back and share them. The one thing that is important is not to just exist, but to be the best you can be in this one life that we have.

T
TenBook Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I've always wanted a Harley... Oh I'm posting on the MLC forum.

T
TenBook Offline OP
OP Offline
T
In all seriousness. I believe that happiness lies with acceptance. Appreciation for what you have and showing kindness to others for it's own reward.

job Offline
I like your responses. Isn't this what we talk about when we address the MLCer and the fact that they are out there searching for that illusive happiness? The key for them is that they haven't accepted themselves for who they are today, but have to go back to the place where they were emotionally stunted to figure out the whys and what ifs of things.

We, on the other hand, have reached maturity and can cope in this big old world and will figure out how to accomplish what we need to do in order to remain happy. We will have bumps along the way, but we will face them head on and not drive around them. We appreciate what we have and want to share w/others what we have and learned along the way. Happiness does come from within.

F
F
I've thought of that question lately, realize to me its to live and love. In this case I prefer the answer stupid simple.

How are things TB?

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard