Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Well, once more doing the right thing has turned into another amazing episode of As The Nutbar Turns. She answered my message this afternoon, I was downtown photographing a baseball game. here's the text "Thank you for your text. My GF is fine. Please stop writing to her" My first thoughts where to write "Wow, what a man hiding behind his gf's cell phone number". let's face it, when you get the bf to text (if he really exists) you're making a veiled threat. My answer was "no problem" I'm actually relieved because I now know that nothing I did yesterday caused this she was set on being a you know what all on her own. So, from now on I avoid any contact whatsoever. It's unlikely that she will come very often cuz she lives a long way away from the church and our big SDA church is a short bus ride for her. So, obviously I'm the only one who wants to walk the walk. Fair enough.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
I guess I am approaching this situation in the way I would like to mend it. I don't like being in conflict or having bad feelings with others and therefore want to "fix" it. I also believe that's the way brothers and sisters in Christ are supposed to deal with issues between them. That said, others may need more space and time or just want to shove it aside and forget it. She obviously feels crowded and pressured...although I rarely contact her. I will respect that my way is not working and leave it at that. I will allow her to enjoy Sabbath in whatever way she chooses and I will do the same for myself. No biggie.

B
B
Wii - I would just drop this entire thing. I don't know what happened in all of this and looking at it from the outside, I have to admit none of it really makes any sense to me. As Barb mentioned the two of you were never really a romantic couple so it is confusing as to what has propelled this from two people who had common interests and appeared to be friends into a dysfunctional non-relationship junior high mentality.

However, if it were me - I would remain on the high road and exercise limited to no communication. Only speak or acknowledge her if she is inclined to speak to or acknowledge you first and then keep it to very minimal small talk. Be polite but brief. Your (and her) worship time should not be filled with stress and negative feelings - after all that's not what you are there in church for are you?

Just my two cents.

BA

W
OP Offline
W
That's my plan, BA. This nonsense has been so needless which is what I find so infuriating. Aren't we supposed to get along? Well, that's not up to me. I'll just be me and let her be her...and stay the heck out of her way!

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, just to clean up, I've nixed Lady number 3 too. After giving me her cell number to enhance our communication she hasn't returned a message since she gave it to me five days ago. So long.

W
OP Offline
W
I think I'm gonna stick with the five F's for awhile
Faith
Family
Friends
Fitness
Fhotos...OK, I stretched it

and stay away from the sixth F