Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
M
M
This is where you were at as soon as you separated.

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
H
H
You are doing good BEC.

One hour and day at a time my friend.

You can do this.

I am in 8 months now and it's still hard but it gets better, I promise. You will slowly start to get back to YOU and start feeling better about yourself. Your self esteem has taken a beating and it will take a little while to get that back up again. I agree that lists of what to do each day is helpful.

I know you are worth it. You just have to believe it too.

Was made a better person by DB'ers
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well I have no other option. LRT for 60 days. No contact except concerning kids and finances. Period.

Get my head straight. Get to a point where I am ready to move on with my life with or without her.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Going to up my meds (per my nurse practitioner) to get my anxiety and the depressive symptoms I'm starting to experience under control.

Throw myself into work and my kids.

Try to start living in the real world again and stop living on this board.

I'll check in probably daily but can't live here anymore.

I'll reasses in 2 months.

I've got nothing left to lose so here I go: time to take the plunge.

M
M
I agree with the others. I would not pay attention to the "promised" date. Your focus should be on day-over-day change and growth. If you focus on the target date, you will limit yourself. Focus on what you can do on THIS day. And the NEXT day.

Your W will know where to find you when she's ready. If you try to have today's conversation again on Day 61, Id bet there's a good chance you'll be right back to square one.

You can set whatever ultimatums or dates or promises you want, but if you haven't ACTUALLY changed and she isn't ready to accept them, things won't end as you hope.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I understand

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
That's why I said reasses in 60 days. I have no expectations of how she may feel in 60 days. I have to use this time to mentally get myself in order to be ok with or without her. Focus on me right?

M
M
Originally Posted By: BEClem
That's why I said reasses in 60 days. I have no expectations of how she may feel in 60 days. I have to use this time to mentally get myself in order to be ok with or without her. Focus on me right?

You can. I think you will be better reassessing daily. Consider your actions and adjust as needed.

There is no time limit when you should force contact other than what's needed. That ball is in her court now.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Here are my LRT 180s:

1. STOP PURSUING BEHAVIOR COMPLETELY: Only speak of kids and finances. Period. End of Story.

2. Keep all interactions brief and positive.

3. Continue to focus on my children.

4. Continue to be helpful around my house when I am there.

5. Start doing things for myself to regain my confidence and to like myself again. Realize that being accountable for my part in this does not mean that I am 100% to blame. It simply means that the only person I can control is me.

6. Stop pushing. LEAVE HER ALONE.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Anybody around this morning? Today is day 1 for my LRT. Today I will go to work. I will see my W twice today when she drops the kids off and picks them up.

She is going to a BBQ. I will not speak to her about anything concerning our R.

I will be upbeat and pleasant toward her when I see her and keep it brief.

I will enjoy the afternoon and evening with my children and parents.

She needs space space space space.....so I need to keep my mouth shut shut shut shut.

Exude confidence. Exude happiness. Show her unconditional love by accepting her feelings for being her feelings and realizing that I cannot control her feelings but can control myself and how I react to them.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard