Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
K
K
Make it a movie day with a bunch of rentals(if it is going to be raining), fire up the grill, go for a bike ride, go for a long walk or hike, play board games. Tons you can do, be unexpected.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
W texts me this morning to ask if I am going to s13's baseball game tonight. I text back that I have a busy day, and we will see if I am up to it tonight.

W then bombs me that her Affair Partner will be there, and wants to make sure that I knew beforehand.

I text back "I thought we were keeping other people away from our children."

W texts back AP and I have been dating for 6 months. He will be hanging around more.

I am mad. I knew nothing about who W dates, and her throwing this in my face is bad enough. But the real problem is her forcing her AP into my s13's face, when I know he is not ready.

I will not be around W's AP, so I am not going to s13's baseball game tonight. I am thinking of telling W that I will not be at any of s13's baseball games as long as AP is there. And that I will explain the reason why to s13.

Any suggestions?

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
job Offline
Wet,
I do understand how you feel, but the only person you are hurting is yourself by not attending your S13's ball games. Your son is also going to be hurt and disappointed that you aren't there to cheer him on and offer him and his team support. Why allow this man's presence to ruin the time you are supporting your son?

I'm sure the area where your son is playing has plenty of places for you to sit elsewhere. I would go and not allow your wife and the om to get under your skin. She deliberately called you to make you angry so that you would either pitch a fit w/her or not go to the game. Don't give her that satisfaction. I wouldn't discuss this w/your son. Why? Because it puts him in the middle of the situation and he doesn't need to be there. He's got enough to deal w/daily.

I wouldn't deny myself the pleasure of watching my son play ball. This is his night and you, as his father, should go. Don't allow them to take away this awesome time to make happy memories for and with your son. Go and have fun. To heck w/your wife and the om.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Wet

I agree with job here. Why are you not going to go ... allowing your W to make these events uncomfortable for you, I know it stinks and the anger is there .. all that I get it ... but honestly wouldnt it be better of you to go inspite of her, go for your S and make your W and OM uncomfortable ... this is YOUR family not his. Let them feel awkward ... this is YOUR turf and your son ya know?

Do it with grace and confidence ... you deserve better than a TM 'heads up' .... that just shows her character right now ... she is full on in Lala land

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks Job and Caliguy, you offered sound advice for me to go to tonight's s13's baseball game.

But I did not go. I was not ready. I was caught off-guard. I know my W dates a lot. But I haven't been confronted with an actual, real, living, breathing OM yet.

If I did go, I saw myself sitting by W and OM, and me hurling insults at OM as best I can. Perhaps:

"Only a loser dates a married woman with children." or,

"You must be a real catch. Did you know W is still on at least 3 dating websites?" or maybe even,

"Hey OM, I did a criminal background check on you. I'm sure those charges will get dropped." (make sure this one is heard by all of the parents.)

So you see, I think we can agree that it was best for me not to go to s13's baseball game tonight. But let's see how I'm doing for s13's games next week.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
A Friday Lawyer joke:

Are blondes smarter than lawyers? You be the judge.

A blonde and lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from LA to NY. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game. The blonde, very tired, just wants to take a nap, so she politely declines and rolls over toward the window to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists (as lawyers are wont to do) and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He says, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.00 and vice versa."

Again, she declines and tries to get some sleep.
The lawyer, now agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $500.00."

This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring there will be no end to the torment unless she plays, agrees to the game.

The lawyer asks the first question, "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?"

The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches in her purse, pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to the lawyer.

"Okay," says the lawyer, "your turn."

She asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?"

The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references, no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the net and Library of Congress, still no answer. Frustrated, he sends e-mail to all his friends and coworkers, all to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the blonde and hands her $500.

The blonde says, "Thank you," and turns back to get some more sleep.

The lawyer, more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, what's the answer?"

Without a word, the blonde reaches in her purse, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep.

Z
Z
Wet, thanks for sharing that ^. Fun.

I can fully understand you wanting not being in the same vicinity. For me, that time would have to be when the sight of my STBX would not leave me wanting to puke and/or tell the world around him what he's done. I don't have children like you. But I think it's wise to know you're not able to act or be as detached as needed.

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
So the plan for the weekend was I going to have at my place d20, d17, and s13. W texted me to let me know d17 and s13 were ill, and would be staying at W's place. W will stay in town tonight and go out of town tomorrow.

Now this is kinda weird - d20 told me that d17 is mad at me. I'm a guy, so I am clueless as to why d17 is mad at me. D20 explained:

I told d17 that if the President's life was in danger as well as d17's life, I apparently said that I would rescue the President b/c he is "more important" than d17.

Now, I do not remember saying this. I can't believe that I would say this, as I think so highly of d17. It certainly wasn't said recently. It is a very strange thing that I am sure I would remember if I did say it. But from a 2nd hand source, this is the reason d17 is mad at me.

It is time to talk to d17 and try and start repairing our R. Doesn't any of this ever get easier?

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Gosh dang it. Neither s13 nor d17 are coming over today.

Hmmm, since W introduced her OM to s13 at his Thursday night baseball game, s13 was sick from school yesterday. He was too sick last night to come over to my place.

And today, W said s13 is too tired to get out of bed, and just wants to lay there.

It sounds like depression to me. I don't understand why s13 doesn't want to just get away from it all, and come over to my place, a nice, quiet, safe place where little is asked of him and he has my full time, love and attention. Oh, and there is a basketball court and the pool opens up this weekend.

Is this all inevitable, with OP being inflicted on our children and the kids having a difficult time dealing with it? I just want W to see what she is doing to our kids with her decisions, but I know, this too is out of my control.

job Offline
Wet,
Your son may have a bug. My sister's kids have picked up something that laid them low for several days last week. Maybe your son feels to tired from being down and out to want to come over. If he doesn't "perk up" in the next few days, then I would be concerned. It may not be depression...time will tell.

Give him a call and let him know you are there for him and then let him decide if he wants to talk about things.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard