Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
L
L
GB - keep the posts coming on my sitch - you have good insights and a different perspective - I value them immensely, so please, if you have the time and inclination drop by.

Oh and thank you for the support you have shown me thus far in my journey.

I love catching up on your posts - its like reading the next chapter of a good novel - and we know that every great novel has a happy ending :o)

As a newbie (yes, I acknowledge that I am still a newbie even after a yr) I need those of you who are further along the path to show me the way - you are one of my guides GB, you give me hope, you make me laugh and smile, you make me want to reach in and hug you when times are bad - thanks for sharing your life with me GB. You are one gutsy lady.

((hugs))

G
G
Yeah I'm still feeling like a newbie, and it's been a year.

Shoes and heaps of cute makeup. I did a while ago only have 17 pairs. I do know the cupboard is so messy tho it needs a clean up.

Just think about it and make best best choice for what you know at the time. If you don't like it you can change things later.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
G
OP Offline
G
File this in the "this could only happen to GB" files. I should be completely embarrassed to post this but well, I feel like I need to.

I hate all of these terms but my former hook up post D, texted me the other day. He said a close friend (he has no female friends so I knew this was another hook up) got fired and needs a job. He said ,"You are really smart (he is right about that but apparently I'm hiding it in certain aspects of my life:) and can you help her?" I forgot to point out he had no idea what this close friend did. I have a substantial network, and I'm serious about my karma so I said," send me the resume and I will take a look."

Please don't think I'm being a snob. The girl was 27, had been pursuing an associate's degree for 12 years, no punctuation on he resume, had about 20 objectives (it was literally 6 pages long) and one objective was" passionate about being involved in the world." Yes, one train at a time. Did I say that??? Oops. One skill was "knows how to make copies" and there was a job at a strip club. I actually told her how to fix it and she did. He thanked me profusely. Is this a good deed? Everyone has to make a living.

My point is that I honestly couldn't stop laughing. I told my best friend as she did not know about him, and was literally laughing so hard she was crying. Am I in contention for some sort of "Hall of Shame "?

You know what? She's young. I hope I helped. It is what it is. Perhaps I can start a new business called High Wonderlic Booty Calls Helping the Less Fortunate Booty Call. Help a Hook up? What do you think? Is this something with legs??? smile

More regular stuff later. Wanted to share a funny:). Gotta laugh, peeps.

Positive energy to you all!

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 05/08/15 11:58 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
You are such a nice person. She certainly sounds like a versatile young woman!!

I suspect most of us here would have (at best) suggested he find her a career counsellor not his xw!!

job Offline
The young lady sounds like some of those who have applied for jobs in my office. It's sad that they don't take the time to proofread their resumes or have a professional review them before submitting them. The resume is what gets you thru the door for interviews. So sad.

I hope the young lady can get her act together w/her resume and find a decent job. You are a kind person and your former hook up knew you've review the resume and advise him what needed to be corrected. He really does respect your opinions whether they are positive or not.

At least you had a good laugh and can only hope that this resume will not cross your desk again. LOL!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
OP Offline
G
Bea and Job, thanks so much for the responses. You both always make me laugh and well, I try to provide a bit of laughter here myself :-)

You know what? I am nice. I've never been called a doormat. I do try to do what ultimately I think is the *right* thing (whatever that is:)Part of the problem with this guy was the (as a friend said) "the substantial intellectual gap." I don't say that in a condescending manner -it's the truth. And you know what? I didn't care. I was physically attracted to him and not interested in his IQ. We all have different strengths and weaknesses and we are all different. And you are 100% correct Job, he knew I would take a look at her resume. I actually felt bad for her in that many people don't recognize that a resume is what gets you noticed initially in the job process-not your costume choice at the 10 pm dance shift at Strippers R Us. At least I saw no stage names like Corvette or Maserati! It was so funny that I was slightly tempted to tell x Mr. GB. We aren't there yet though so it didn't happen.

Hanging out with my 2 closest friends from elementary school today. I'm going vintage, baby!!!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Had a blast at dinner with my friends last night although I had an allergic I reaction to something and an eye was swollen shut. Where is my pirate patch, matey?

Warning..super feistiness. Met xh this am about 10. No "Happy Mother's Day", didn't help them get a present (I could give 2 figs about a present but his Mom
Is still recovering from surgery and couldn't take them), essentially more of a "F U. They are grumpy so you get to deal with it." Of course I do:-)

Anyway, my D10, said that she had something for me. She handed me a bag. Apparently she took her allowance on her school trip and bought me a necklace spelling out " LOVE". I turned into a pile of putty. The sticky kind that comes in crazy colors.

I can't change him and I don't want to. I won't be him. Yes, I temporarily got upset and I realized he is who he is. Darn those expectations. I'll still be kind, considerate, and do my darndest to do what I think is right. Whatever that is. Happy Mother's Day to the moms and mother figures:-)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 05/10/15 07:14 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
Ready? So I forwarded the other hook up's resume to x Mr. GB and his company is giving her a call. They do onsite events and she works those. I realize this sounds odd, but I just told x Mr. GB we had a mutual friend and she was seeking a gig. This sounds crazy doesn't it? Maybe. Honestly, we all have to make a living. I doubt I'm a topic of conversation and he wouldn't see her anyway. Again, I just try to do ultimately what I think is best.

X Mr. GB has been reaching out quite a bit with funnies. One of my former employees is on a new reality show so we had a chuckle about that.

They are opening my pool Friday. It's 92 here today. Kids are gearing up to be out of school. Gotta look at some camps.

Sending everyone a high kick:-)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 05/12/15 03:42 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
M
M
High kick back atcha, GB.

You crack me up... you crazy little resume fixer. You are something else. I love it. I'd a been like... ugh... hailz to the no... but you..

OH- Happy Mother's Day! Sorry xMr. GB didn't acknowledge. Punk. But, looks like he is still trying to communicate with his charming sense of humor.

So glad you are able to keep it level and together. It's quite impressive. You are on strong chica.

Bet kids are excited about the pool! Think I will do mine in the next couple of weeks.

G
OP Offline
G
Did you guys miss me? Ready for me to say I met a hot, funny, loyal millionaire? Maybe that will be a post one day....not today. I have read a bit lately but I have to be honest in that I'm not totally on board with how the mobile site looks on my phone. It's been an adjustment with navigation and you know what? I will get used to it.

My goodness I am totally sassy today in my Michael Kors stiletto sandals:). I hate anything ostentatious, however there can be exceptions. Seriously. Big kids are at Adventure Camp (D10 was very concerned about the temperature while S12 wondered if there would be bear wrestling.) and I had to go out of town for work for a couple of days this week. Last night it was just me, the cat, and the hamsters. We are quite a group. I have missed S5 sooooo (and my big fur baby) much and cannot wait to snuggle on him tonight. Kisses for my dog too.

What's happening here? Pool open. Kids and I have been enjoying it. GAL? I'm not the best GALer but I have been getting together with friends and I have surprisingly really enjoyed it. Lots of laughs. Been working out. I'm ashamed to say I have discovered Ben & Jerry's "Tonight Dough." This was a fabulous creation for people looking to gain weight. Sadly, this is not a problem I have.

X Mr. GB watched S5 while I was gone.X Mr. GB is rocking a new look. His hair is one length and he frequently wears funny baseball caps. The last one had a bear on it. A friend of mine said he looked exactly like the guy that delivered his pizza. He had on a new Avengers shirt the last time I saw him. I know you smiled at that, Wonka.

I find that with time, my feelings have evolved. While occasional bouts of sadness pop up, I just find that I think of X Mr. GB as kind of a stranger. He makes attempts to engage and sometimes we have some witty banter. However, ultimately, I feel rather apathetic about him at this juncture. I don't know. I'm sure it is an ongoing process and that will change. Right now, it is rather difficult to believe I was married to him. Oh, I know I was. Just seems very.....foreign.

I do believe the universe is trying to tell me something. If you recall (and you probably don't because I can prattle on endlessly) , a few months back, a friend of mine told me he adopted the son of a woman he was married to for 2 years. She cheated on him and as part of the settlement, he told her he wanted to formally adopt her son and pay all educational expenses for him-including college. Then, a few months later, I met a man in his early 50s. Never married with no children. He told me the story of how he met a divorced woman in her 40s with 4 kids. He spoke glowingly of her (she was quite lovely) and said he knew he wanted to be with her. Signed up for parenting classes because he wanted to be a good step dad. Felt like the universe was trying to tell me that there are many good men out there. I know this. I have loads of male friends but the universe showed me something I really needed to see.

I have a client...He is actually the best looking man I've ever seen in person. He is also a fitness model. (FTR, I love men. I just do. Always have. Funny wins me over because I'm rarely attracted to someone..but when I think someone is cute...SWOON!!!!!)Hilarious guy. Very polite. Smart. Talented. Loves his kids. Actually had primary custody for a few years and recently worked out a different agreement with the mother. Honestly, even my guy friends say he is the best looking man they have ever seen. I would need to wear a bib to catch my drool if I saw him frequently.

Anyway, I was in his town this week and he asked if I wanted to hang out. He asked if he could bring his "better half" and I said, "absolutely!" I want to be honest. I was expecting a willowy, beauty and please know that I don't think looks mean much. This was just my, um, expectation (yes, THOSE expectations). In walks a woman 3 inches shorter than me and about 30 lbs heavier. My jaw almost dropped. She was pleasant enough to me but was rather condescending with him. Whatevs. His deal. They have only been together a couple of months.

I hope this doesn't make me seem vapid or shallow, but I needed to see that. I always thought this guy was "out of my league" (that term cracks me up) and I needed to see that everyone has a different concept of beautiful, desirable, etc. We had fun. Please know, I'm not pursuing anything with him (he's very into her and it's freaking adorable). However, I know the universe was again, trying to show me something if that makes sense.

For those of you new to this, please know it gets better. You have one life. Gots to live it, baby. I'm doing well (I think:) and grateful for all that I have.

Positive energy to you all. xo

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 06/04/15 08:08 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard