Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
V
V
Sunny

Once a member of the cheesecake crew always a moooose caller.

I am glad to see you flying free a little. A holding pattern is often important before a descent into landing. I have always seen you as the pilot of your own plane but somehow circling until your final destination is known.

You can choose any destination you please. WH need not be a navigator any longer. As a fully fledged pilot, you can fly any plane you choose and go long haul in a deluxe plane. heck, even airforce one can be yours. if you fancy a view how about a helicopter? Peace and quiet? A glider may be?

Your choice, but you know this. It is also a choice not to choose.

To be in that holding pattern if that is what you need. I am relieved to see you start to have your own flight path.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the encouragement, V and also for recognizing that it's been my choice to not move forward. Until now.

My GAL is solid these days. Friday I went to a comedy club with a group of friends, went paddleboarding on Saturday morning. The rest of the weekend has been quiet, played in the pool with D12 this afternoon, worked on a house project. I am happy with my life.

I still get frustrated by H's inability to answer direct questions about the kids, or pretty much anything for that matter. But I don't ask a lot of questions, and don't think too much about him otherwise.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
M
M
Hey lady, just letting you know I stopped by. You seem to be doing well, I'm glad. smile

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Maybell. I don't update a lot, there just isn't much to say right now. And I'm just fine with that. smile

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, it's been a week since I really posted an update, so here it is: ________________________________________. Ha!

I went paddleboarding again this weekend, had a lovely time. Hung out with my D17 quite a bit. D12 was away at a theme park with H for the weekend.

Yesterday at paddleboarding I met a couple of women who are going to do the mudruns I was looking at but was a little intimidated to do. After talking to them, I decided if they can do it, I can, too. So, I'll be signing up for a couple of local events later in the summer. Any of you guys ever done one?

I feel like I ought to say something about H, but there's just nothing to tell. We parent nicely together, and that's it. I don't know how he's spending his time, he doesn't know how I'm spending mine. I assume he's dating the duck and a few others, he assumes I'm dating, too (I'm not). I'm busy and I'm happy.

B
B
Originally Posted By: SunnyB
I'm busy and I'm happy.
Hello Sunny,

I'm very happy to hear that! Good for you...

Thank you for this kind post in my thread:
"Hi Bob, you are such an upbeat person on these boards. I hope your week is off to a great start."

I am humbled and blushing but will graciously accept your kind words. blush

My week is off to a great start. It sounds like your's is, too.

Sending a few big *Hugs* your way!

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
J
J
Hi Sunny

Oh to have the climate where things like paddleboarding are a credible GAL option.

Sounds like things are going pretty well all things considered.

how are you finding the frustration?

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bob, glad your week is off to a good start.:)

Originally Posted By: jim0987

how are you finding the frustration?
Well, it's......frustrating. My only real frustration with him is when I ask him something related to D12's schedule or maybe a house issue and he just won't answer. For a while I was trying to keep contact down to a minimum and so I'd save up things to ask him and do it all in one big giant text or email. And then he'd sort of answer the first thing and ignore the other 4. So I stopped doing that, I break it down into bits for him, and that seems to work better, even if I do contact him more days. I don't feel any differently when I do talk to him or don't so the smaller bits seems to work better.

Today I had lunch with a friend whose M I've always admired, I thought they were the perfect match. Not so much. I feel like she's about to be a WAW. I had no idea. Which goes back to what my IC said once, that when some of my friends find out about S, they might be jealous or envious. I couldn't imagine, but seeing my friend's pain, I can see that.

Jim, I'm rather thrilled that paddleboarding has become a viable GAL for me. I'm also going to be doing some kayaking and may enter a few mud runs. I welcome all to accompany me in those activities!

V
V
Just be careful where you use your paddle board!

Ducks are always vulnerable to swelling. Since H is going round in paddle boats, I know you may see this pair and wave goodbye.

Sunny I see Maybell making similar choices of holding patterns.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You know, V, apparently the duck didn't turn out the be the soul mate he thought. Imagine that. I only asked him once, at the end of the "first" 4-mo S and from his answer it seemed they are on again/off again and I get the feeling he's dating others as well. Since I'm not one of them, I kind of don't care.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard