Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
bdub #2566135 05/09/15 08:25 PM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: bdub
Found you SunnyB. I have not had time to catch up, but I will. No more complaining about the cold from me. It was 89 yesterday. The crops are all planted and the corn is growing like crazy. Glad to see your got your S19 moved home all in one piece!!

Hey bdub! I've been wondering about you. Glad to see you've thawed a bit. wink Yes, happy to have S19 back home, and now I remember what a challenge it is to keep him fed. Game on!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Zues. Was it me who was going to get the Cruise Ship Captain? Maybe I'd better drive over to the port this weekend, he might be waiting. LOL wink

I really am thinking the next six months are critical for me. I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but I know I need to play a role in creating it. So I'm going to try and focus on those goals, I need all of you to help hold me accountable.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms and Mr Moms out there. You guys are the best.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just have to get this off my chest and there's no one else to tell. It's really eating at me that H hasn't said Happy Mothers Day even though we exchanged some texts about dinner and included a bit of small talk. I know I'm not his mother but neither are all the ladies at church and the waitress at his favorite breakfast place. I did carry and give birth to his three children. I wasn't looking for the diamond pendant but a simple greeting doesn't seem out of line to me.

The better question is probably why does it bother me so much and I think I know that too. That's another post.

B
B
Originally Posted By: SunnyB
I just have to get this off my chest and there's no one else to tell. It's really eating at me that H hasn't said Happy Mothers Day even though we exchanged some texts about dinner and included a bit of small talk.
Hello SunnyB,

I am so sorry to hear about this. Please hang in there, okay?

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Your friend,

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
R
R
Hi Sunny. I understand why it's annoying but it's an expectation that H would do something nice and on recent form that doesn't seem likely Maybe he forgot or maybe he wasn't sure what to do. Whichever it's happened and that's that. Best to put it where it really is, behind you Your H knows your an amazing mum because he's happy to leave his children with you Glad to hear S19'is home and nothing better for Mother's Day , than to have him home , appetite and all

Take care. Rd

S
S
Hi Sunny, try not to worry about your H. He knows you are a great Mum, and so do your kids.

But best to not have any expectations from him. There have been a couple of times recently when he has disappointed you - the tire, and when you had your procedure. But if there are no expectations, there can be no disappointment...tho it's hard I know.

I hope your kids make a big fuss of you, and you have a lovely day xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Z
Z
Happy Mother's day Sunny!

You inspired me to acknowledge my STBX today. I hadn't been planning on it because of how negatively WAS's take these gestures a lot of the time, but now I realize it's simply the right thing to do for the person I want to be.

My day with the kids, I normally bring them back at 7. I asked her last week if she wanted the kids early, like morning, because it was a special day. She declined saying she was going to spend the day with her mother. I just heard back that she radically underestimated how much she would want to spend time with the kids today and if I could still bring them by early, so I will be dropping them off shortly. Then I wished her a happy MD. Nice to make a deposit into the goodwill coparenting bank as well, even if it feels like mailing in a minimum payment on a 25K maxed out credit card at 29.99% APR wink

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Bob, thanks for stopping by with words of encouragement. That's why I posted here. smile

Originally Posted By: rd500
Hi Sunny. I understand why it's annoying but it's an expectation that H would do something nice and on recent form that doesn't seem likely Maybe he forgot
Yeah, RD, I tried to pass it off as he forgot this morning, but after he'd been to church and most likely wished every woman in the room happy Mother's Day at the passing of the peace, well....no, he didn't forget.

Originally Posted By: Toots
Hi Sunny, try not to worry about your H. He knows you are a great Mum, and so do your kids.
You know, Toots, someone said the other day that her H had never told her she was a good mom, it might have been Claire. I don't remember my H ever telling me that either, in all these years. I put so much time and effort into being a great mom and he never acknowledged that.

Originally Posted By: Zues126
Happy Mother's day Sunny! You inspired me to acknowledge my STBX today. I hadn't been planning on it because of how negatively WAS's take these gestures a lot of the time, but now I realize it's simply the right thing to do for the person I want to be.
Zues, I'm sincerely proud of you. It WAS the right thing to do. Good job.

As far as expectations go, yes, I'll admit I do have expectations of him. I expect him to be as polite to me as he would be to the cashier at the grocery or the waitress at the restaurant. I have no doubt he told them Happy Mother's Day. That's really all I wanted.

You all have made me feel better and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I went for a long walk today and had a good cry, the first one in a really long time. I came up with a few revelations which I'll post tomorrow.

Best to you all.

B
B
Sunny,

You're welcome! I'm glad that we all made you feel better.

Going for a long walk was a good idea.

xoxo

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis