Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2565903 05/08/15 09:47 PM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi all, I've started a new thread with a new user name. SunnyB is for Sunnybrook. I was previously a three-initialed poster and for some of you the first initial will now make sense. wink

I felt like I needed a new thread because I had been in the same place for a very long time and I feel like it's time to move on. I don't want to say I was "stuck" because I wasn't, I was just choosing to consolidate. So many things had happened in the past year, heck, in the past six months, and I just needed some time to coast and regroup. Plus, I felt physically awful a lot of those past six months, and I didn't have energy to deal with much else. But with my leg procedure a week ago I finally feel like that's all behind me.

I have recently expressed my dissatisfaction with NC and how I think that's affecting me and affecting H. The past few days I experimented with more contact, and I have to say I don't really feel any differently. I'm still frustrated by his lack of response, even when I ask a direct question about the house or kids.

Although I have immensely enjoyed the time off work, I feel like it's time to start exploring some opportunities in hopes of landing something at the end of the summer. I'd like a little more financial independence, that will help ease my frustrations with H. It's not him, he's paying for everything he always has and everything I ask for. I ordered new flooring yesterday and a new dryer today. It's just the idea that I can only pay for so much on my own without hitting joint funds, he has always made many multiples of what I made and every account is joint. And right now my income is zero. So I need a job.

I hope my tribe will make the connection and come to my new thread: gan, Vanilla, Maybell, Claire, RD, Jim, bdub, Underdog, labug, Zues, raliced, Ahoy, zew, Stacey, and anyone else that I've had a temporary mental lapse on.

Sunnybrook

Last edited by SunnyB; 05/08/15 09:51 PM.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
S
Ahh is it the book? Love the name.

xx

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yep, Stacey, that's the one. And how are you?

S
S
Oh not had a good day SunnyB, but I know it will pass. I found out today the settlement is not as expected - I can opt to have the house signed over to me - at a price, I will have to re-finance and will be paying for it until I retire, or sell. Either way it's win win for him. I am so tired of the drama. He is financially secure in his ivory tower with OW and his perfect life.

Maybe a new name is what I need?

Glad H is still supporting you financially as he should. Hope you get your CV out there and showcase your skills.

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sorry to hear the settlement is not going as you wish Stacey. That's one reason I've been content in limbo, it's financially advantageous for me. But I've been thinking lately that gaining independence means taking my chances in a division. Something to think about.

M
M
Hey, Sunny! Glad to hear you're moving forward. May this be the start of beautiful new things for you. smile

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
So now that we have a NEW YOU.

What is different and what is the same?
What else do you want to change?

Welcome to this new life!! smile smile smile

Me-70, D37,S36
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Maybell and Cadet!
Originally Posted By: Cadet
What is different and what is the same?
What else do you want to change?
There is nothing different except my desire to move forward. I figure that's a start. I have four things I want to work on

1) Getting my health and fitness back after the last so many months of challenges. I want to get back to some things I enjoy (hello, oly bar) and try out some new things such as SUP paddleboarding and mud runs.

2) Finish some things around the house I never had time for when I was working full time with three kids at home. I'm having new flooring installed in about half the house in June, and I researched and priced and ordered it all myself, no help from H. That's huge for me.

3) It's time for me to explore returning to work.

4) I want to get some paperwork in order in case H decides to file, or if I decide to ask him to. We have mutually agreed not to file until September, but if that's when it's going to happen, I want to be prepared and not overwhelmed while I'm trying to start a new job. If I don't need it, then I'll still have a better picture of our financial situation.

B
B
Found you SunnyB. I have not had time to catch up, but I will. No more complaining about the cold from me. It was 89 yesterday. The crops are all planted and the corn is growing like crazy. Glad to see your got your S19 moved home all in one piece!!

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
bdub #2566127 05/09/15 07:37 PM
Z
Z
Don't worry SunnyB, you'd have to be in the Witness Protection Program to shake us off your trail. Love the goals, you're not running from your sitch, you are just ready to move forward. I can see that being a final touch to feel like you're off on your new journey. And should you file come September I think you'll be ready in all ways to let go of the last thread of rope.

You are truly a very special woman with tremendous compassion. It gives all of us soon to be single men hope to know there are treasures like you that may be open to companionship in the days ahead. For you, well, I haven't given up on the Cruise Ship Captain.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard