Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
S
S
Hi Wet, well that sounded like a big old hint to me from your W! I always think this is a tricky situation, when your S is still very much involved with someone else, but reaching out to you.

You may want to be pretty guarded about any potential temp check, but make a plan based around the kids as you say...

Hope it goes well, whatever you decide to do...and I loved your response - 'yes, it's a good season.'

Take care Wet :-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
K
K
Don't get too worked up about it. She may or may not know that you can watch old episodes, she may have just been making conversation. You know how easy it is to read things into every little thing they do or say, but then nothing has changed.

I am not trying to be gloom and doom, just don't want you to get hopeful and then end up being disappointed.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Last night W took s13 to his baseball game, and also brought her father. W texted me the score and a couple of pictures.

But I didn't respond, I was at Divorce Care. 2 and 1/2 hours later I texted her to thank her for the picture of her dad. W let me know her dad really wanted to see s13 play. I texted "he is a good man" (it was chilly last night.)

But s13's team lost their 1st game last night. frown

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Here is a Friday Lawyer Joke. Smile!

A grade school teacher said to her class:

A millionaire dies and leaves $20 million.

One son gets a third,

a daughter gets a quarter,

and a second son gets a fifth.

What does each one get?

Little Sarah Jane answered, “A lawyer”. smile

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Good Saturday to everyone, I am having an extended weekend together with d18 and s13. Yesterday I took them to a large indoor amusement park. Today and tomorrow we are staying over at my parent's house while they are away.

Work is going well, I am involved in a litigation case that is keeping me busy. I am also representing a friend pro bono who in the middle of a divorce violated a restraining order. The hearing is at the end of the month.

With that said, let me journal about my interaction with W this past Thursday. We both were at s13's baseball game which meant we had an extended time near each other.

W was pms so do not take this interaction as what W normally says. But she was frustrated with both d18 and s13, and their not keeping her condo as clean as she would like. When s13 stays with W, he has some friends who he plays basketball at a nearby basketball court with for several hours during the day, so he is out. Yet W continues to blame him for all of the mess in the condo. W wants:

- to send s13 to military school;
- beat him;
- send him to spend time with a couple of the more mean family members to whip him into shape;
- feels that since she only wanted the oldest 3 children (I wanted our 4th, s13), that she should now be done parenting and I take over from here (I commented parenting is a lifetime job).

D18 mentioned that she wanted to get a job at a coffee chain near W's place. W laughed when she heard this, saying she would never actually get out and apply for the job. I tried to turn the "Debby Downer" convo, and mentioned what a brilliant child d18 is, her recent straight 'A' report card, and the strong faith she has (she is like me in this). And W snorted saying that a strong work ethic is way more important. I agreed that a strong a strong work ethic was important but d18 was still amazing.

When W wasn't complaining about the children, she was fixated on her phone. I don't think she was interacting with other men, b/c she would tell me things like a joke someone emailed her ("Don't ask a woman who is eating a quart of ice cream how she is doing.") laugh

So as W was looking at her phone I started up a convo with an attractive blonde sitting on the other side of me who was a real baseball fan. (She is married, and so unavailable.) I complemented her on how well she encouraged the boys, and her proper use of baseball lingo, etc.

Amazing! 2 innings of this and W put her phone away for good.

It was a beautiful evening, perfect weather, and s13's team won with a walk-off steal of home. It was very exciting, even with W's sour mood.

S
S
Hi Wet, that's a shame for your S13 that W talks in that way. I just hope she doesn't convey any of this stuff to him directly. What Mum doesn't want their kids to be a little tidier and help a little more around the house?

It sounds as though she wants to be all done with parenting just now and is struggling to find joy in her R's with her kids. I wonder if she has a particular issue with S13 because he is the one 'holding her back' as the youngest.

Sounds like you did well not to rise to it all and find an attractive blonde lady to chat to...hope you have a good weekend :-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am having a nice Father's Day weekend. D18 and s13 are funny when they are together. Each trying to show they are the smarter child, and when s13 is shown up he just tries to annoy his sister.

S13 had double-header baseball games yesterday. They won the 1st game and were blown out and lost the 2nd game by the "10 run rule", which has not happened all season. The play-off/tourney starts next week.

Ok, allow me to share a couple quick stories about W. On Friday, W was so excited to have a long weekend free w/o the kids. She tried to take off on her trip before I arrived to pick up d18 and s13.

It turns out her trip started with nothing but trouble. frown Her car was in the complex's garage and the garage door wouldn't open. She was stuck for 2 hours unable to travel b/c she couldn't get her car out of the garage. She then was stuck for an hour trying to refill a prescription at the pharmacy. And as she traveled out of the cities, she was stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam. She finally called me at 8 pm when she finally arrived at her destination to tell me of her frustrating start to the weekend.

I am acting warmer towards my W acting more like a friend to her. Yesterday, W called me to let me know she was just going on a road trip (by herself, she assured me) to the north shore. She wanted to get back in touch with her creative side, and so was taking all sorts of "fun" pictures. She would see an interesting patch of flowers next to the highway, and she would pull over and take a picture. She also was going to stay at her father's cabin (a beautiful spot which is the only cabin on a secluded lake) which is sort of on the way.

W is not a person who spends much time alone, so this is unusual. She gets her 'energy' from being around people.

Then this morning, W called me at 9 am to wish me a 'Happy Father's Day', which is early for her. Then she texted me three of the pictures she had taken, one of which was a spooky picture of a field with the morning mist taken at 4:45 am.

So I asked her what was going on, as she is NEVER up at 4:45 am. W is in pain. her fibromyalgia is bad, she has a torn rotator cuff in her shoulder, and a sciatic nerve pain in her upper outside thigh. She's not getting any sleep. I'm sure the stress of the kids and her financial troubles is adding to this as well.

I will have all 3 in-state kids over today. I hope we will play a new board game I have that I want to try. Tonight is another s13 baseball game, and I will drop off d18 and s13 back off at W's place when the game is over.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
A quick update. W and I did the s13 swap tonight at his baseball game. W brought him to the game, and I came later (I chose to watch the start of the NBA draft and the T-Wolves choice).

When I arrived, W was on the top row on the bleachers, and I came up behind her and she was on the phone. I put my hand on her back and she was startled. She stammered on the phone saying "I am at my son's game and my 'ex' just showed up." W quickly got off the phone, likely with some other guy. It doesn't matter anymore that W calls me her "ex", and of course, I know my W dates other men - this stuff which drove me crazy before is now like water off of a duck's back.

W then talked at me during the game saying she saw an old girlfriend yesterday, and her old best girlfriend today. And she is having a "girl's night out" with 7 women on Friday night. W said she needed her girlfriends around her with what she experienced over the past month that she had (om having a recent heart attack being the main thing).

On my stuff, I had a pre-op physical earlier this week and all is well. So I am all ready for Wednesday's spinal fusion surgery. Work is going well. And s13's team won the game tonight, and it was another gorgeous night to be out.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
A Friday smile by laughing at attorneys. Here is today's chuckle:

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail.

If it were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.

-H.L. Mencken

S
S
Hi Wet, sounds like you are doing well & thanks for posting the joke! Funny, your W's reaction to your arrival. Sounds like you played it cool though & you and she are on reasonable terms.

Have a good weekend! x

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard