Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks Job, for helping me to see the possibility that s13 and d17 really are just sick, and not as a result of "depression" from seeing W's OM.

I did text both of my kids to see how they were doing. Neither has responded yet. Hopefully they are getting the rest they need.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
job Offline
How are the kids today? Son feeling better?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
S13 came over today. He's healthy, he's fine. I am not asking him anything. He's not sharing anything about having W's om come to his game last Thursday. Again, I just want him to feel comfortable here. No stress. No prying.

Ok, maybe a little conflict. I made spaghetti and biscuits for dinner. He ate his first serving before I had time to sit down. He grabbed a 2nd plate's worth and headed to my bedroom, and I told him "no eating in the bedroom". Which s13 ignored.

So I charge in the bedroom saying "noogie patrol", and proceeded to give him a bunch of noogies. Giggling is a good medicine for both of us.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
job Offline
I'm glad your son is okay. Sounds like your son has recovered nicely and enjoyed his time w/you yesterday.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
It looks like I have a reprieve from having to meet om this week. S13 has a Thursday baseball game, and W brought om to last week's game, but I did not go.

This week, I am bringing s13 to his game. But W will not be going, and instead is taking d17 to an orthodontist appointment.

Frankly, I am relieved.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
W was nice to me today (it feels so weird!) I am feeling miserable, and I am stressed out at work. And I received a text from W to let me know that d17's orthodontist appointment got moved up, and that if I wanted, she could do both the d17 appointment as well as s13's baseball game tonight.

I gratefully accepted, letting W know that I was sick.

And W has sent 2 videos of s13 getting hits at his game, and keeping me updated on the score. I wasn't very active with my responses. Especially when W said that nights like this are when it would be nice to snuggle a pet.

Yeah, I guess I would prefer a W to snuggle with me when I am sick. But we can't have everything, now can we?

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
TGIF - A farmer walks into a lawyer’s office.

Attorney: May I help you?

Farmer: Yeah, I want to get one of them there divorces.

Attorney: Well do you have any grounds?

Farmer: Yeah, I got me about 140 acres.

Attorney: No, you don’t understand. Do you have a case?

Farmer: No, I don’t have a Case, I have a John Deere.

Attorney: No, you don’t understand. I mean, do you have a grudge?

Farmer: Yeah, I got me a grudge, that’s where I park my John Deere.

Attorney: No sir. I mean, do you have a suit?

Farmer: Yes sir, I got me a suit. I wear it to church on Sundays.

Exasperated attorney: Well sir, does your wife beat you up or anything?

Farmer: Oh no, sir. We both get up about the same time, around 4:30.

Attorney: Okay, let me put it to you this way. Why do YOU want a divorce from your wife?

Farmer: Well, I can never have me a meaningful conversation with her.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quick update - I am dog tired today from boxing up all of my work files and carting them out to my van. I also have a lung infection, so I texted W to see if she could bring s13 to my place. W responded that she has a high fever.

Then she texted she can hardly walk. I texted back that I hope she felt better, and that I would be over at 4 to pick up s13.

W actually asked me how my doctor's appointment went today - she never asks about me, but whatever. I texted her that I am on a new set of drugs.

Then she texted that I should not wait too long to get to the hospital this time. This is an odd statement, as the only recent time I have been to the hospital is for last year's spine surgery. But I will accept her concern at face value, nothing more.

Oh, and I was only a little bit happy hearing that W is really ill at the start of the weekend. Though my juvenile happiness of my W's sickness quickly went back to acceptance of the reality of what I am facing.

job Offline
I wonder if you and your wife caught whatever you son had. What you have described as the symptoms is here in my area as well. Your wife is right...this isn't something to play with and I'm glad you saw the doctor today. Rest and plenty of fluids helps.

I hope that you and your family will be feeling better very soon.

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Job, yes, it could be.

Weird, I just received a phone call from W. She asked how I was doing, and I explained the switch in antibiotics that I am on. She told me that she is feeling much better than last night. We also had a little chit chat about our children.

Again, W calling me is unusual. Her asking how I am doing is unusual. There is nothing to it, just reporting a different discussion than normal.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard