Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
C
C
Thinking of you today Wet .. Good Luck buddy.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

S
S
Hope all goes smoothly for you today Wet xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks everyone. The surgery went well, the surgeon was very optimistic that the surgery should do some good things for my legs, and they discharged me a day early.

Ok, I need to share a weird story about W. W and I are separated for over 2 years. And after the surgery the doctor wanted to make sure I was staying with someone for a week. I had arranged to stay with my parents,

W attended the surgery and when the surgery was over, she came up to me (and I was chock full of pain killers and other drugs) and said that for the recovery I could stay with her and the 2 youngest kids at her place (?!)

I declined her offer, saying I was staying at my parent's place. It was a nice offer that came totally out-of-the-blue. But don't think this is progress. When she posted it on FB, she referred to me as "ex-husband". crazy

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
A
AJM Offline
A
Glad it went well, Wet!

Heal quickly.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
job Offline
I'm glad to come here and read that everything went well. Now, it's on to recovery time...take care of yourself and follow your doctor's orders to the letter!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
My fever spiked when I got home from Wednesday's surgery. And I am in some pain.

My Mom and W are double-teaming me telling me what I should do. And sometimes I can be a stubborn arse, especially when people are pushing me, I push back.

W is especially bugging me. Several texts yesterday getting an update on me. Three phone calls, all of which is fine. But then in our convos she's calling me "her ex", which is annoying as all get out. Play that game with your friends, not around me.

She said that she would come over today and visit me to make sure I am ok. I would prefer she stay away, but my days of controlling my W are long since passed. I guess this post was a "vent", so venting is over. Happy 4th to all of the American posters here on DB.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am doing better today. The pain from Wednesday's surgery is healing. My fever is gone. I've been able to rest and recuperate for the past few days.

Last night "The Bachelorette" was on, and at the end of the show W texted me to disagree with with Katelyn's kicking off of one of the guys, and we had traded a few texts about the show.

I was careful with my comments, staying away from Katelyn who slept with one of guys, and experienced guilt and shame from doing this. And one of the guys going thru intense jealousy. W brought up that one of her favs was a guy who was very protective of Katelyn in a spooky house - and a common attack W brought against me was that I was not protective of her.

I am trying to set up up a weekend up north with my family (not W) and kids I hope it all works out.

C
C
Glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better with that fever Wet.

Interesting your W is TM about the show you both watch ... but good on you to zip it concerning the guilt and shame portion.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

job Offline
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today. It's one day at a time and don't push yourself. Give your body time to heal.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job Offline
Wet,
You may want to think about starting a new thread. This one is going to lock very soon.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard