Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
U
Originally Posted By: beatrice
Does anyone here admit to remembering the poolboys?? (sigh)

Oh Bea, we had such fun here back in the day, didnt we?

B
OP Offline
B
Bunnikins has gone away!! Longest gap since the beginning of 2015

(for those of you who haven't watched previous episodes he used to disapppear from months and even years at a time, but recently has been putting in regular email and phone appearances)

Probably the recent encounter has exhausted his limited emotional reserves and he is regrouping (Or his wife has locked him in a cupboard)

From time to time I wonder what his next move will be. Or maybe he has gone away for good this time??? grin

job Offline
He may be digging a new tunnel, but he's not gone for good. He's got to digest his latest interactions w/you and when that's completed, he'll contact you again.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
Job, I will be sure to let you know!!

S
S
Hi Bea, I just read back to the start of this thread. Yes, it's an interesting dynamic from your H. He seems to put out these little feelers of - what would it be like if we were in touch more, if we spoke, had more links again - and so on.

I think you do very well to receive, respond, reflect, move on, don't look back. Because, if you were still 'attached' it might be a bit of a rollercoaster again. I don't agree that your life is a soap opera. I think your calm approach deflects any hints of soap opera plot entirely, and I feel hopeful that I may get to that place at some point too.

I enjoyed reading about how you have released the anger too. You do sound content and at peace. More so than your H if I may say. It looks almost as though he would like you to become OW to his present M (ugh..) which suggests he may still not be altogether happy. Shame that he hasn't managed to reconnect with the kids either.

Interesting that he popped out of the burrow for a good old look, and then he popped back in again for a good old while. I wonder if the more of a look he has, the more he needs to pop back in for a while.

Anyway, I guess all of this is a moot point as you are clearly happy with your life as it is - which I truly applaud, for it has been hard won like many posters on these boards, and I raise a glass of prosecco to you (well, a mug of tea actually but a minor detail between DB friends!)

T xx

Last edited by Toots; 06/14/15 03:30 PM.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
B
OP Offline
B
Hi - nice to hear from you Toots. I used to post under another name but suspected that my xh may have been reading along, so I go back a long way

I was married a very very long time (over 30 years) and was extremely happy. So I cut my xh a lot of slack because we have a long history.

He was an extremely mean and ugly MLCer so this period of calm is much welcomed. He upset and alienated his children over a long period of time, and now largely blames me for the situation. Oh well. The gifts I find funny.

No-one has a clue as to why he married his current wife. Even my dil's mother finds it strange (she met her briefly prior to my son's wedding). My xh didn't attend which didn't impress anyone

B
B
Yes, I think this might be it: “his wife has locked him in a cupboard”. I agree with job. I don’t think he is gone for good… I’m stocking on some popcorn here…

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
B
OP Offline
B
Oops, spoke too soon - I got a phone call today from xh. Apparently son number 2 has agreed to meet his father and they want me along. Hmmmmm

I get the sense that xh is pretty nervous around me these days. Maybe it is my animal magnetism grin

job Offline
Well, that didn't take long a all. LOL! Why do you need to go along? Aren't they both adults?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
Job, it's complicated . . . . Maybe I don't need to go. They met up once without me earlier this year, and both wanted me to go along to another meeting . . . . I am thinking about this one.

They are very alike, and I think the estrangement is hard for both of them. But it might just be their problem!

If I am honest I think it is an excuse on my xh's part to see me. And my son loves us both.

I realise I am making him sound a bit strange . . ..

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard