Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
My feet are in their best condition in 2 years now. Still slight heel pain, but manageable with a bit of stretching before a run and ice afterwards.

I'm more into trail running now, a bit softer. On Tuesday I went for a 3-4 mile barefoot run in a park near my work during my lunch. I think it was too far for my first barefoot run in years, should have stuck to 1 mile then put on shoes. So my feet were burning some yesterday. All good today, and I intend to do it again.

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
L
L
Slacking in the running area...my running partner has been unavailable for the past two weeks and have only run once! I went out with a huge storm rolling in and got wet (it was actually breezy, cool running weather.) I had to head back in when the lighting was too close tho!

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
R
RAI Offline
R
Card, glad to see you back on your feet. I think I will shoot for 3-4 miles one day this week. Not barefoot, tho!

Losty, I have also been slacking. Had a lot of other things going on. there has been some great weather and I am missing a lot of it. Summer does not last forever. Need to get back on track. My eating and sleeping habits are deteriorating a bit too. Also need to get back to working out. All good things to aspire to.

ADIDAR! All Day I Dream About Running.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
R
RAI Offline
R
It's summer the sun is shining. This thread has been dormant for too long. Anyone have anything cheerful to say? I could really use it.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
R
RAI Offline
R
c'mon people! I have never heard of the summer doldrums before. Is anyone out there? Are we all so absorbed in our sitchs that we have completely forgot about running or any other GAL activities?

I have a lot about to happen. Will be meeting with my L this week to strategize for D. Made some progress in figuring out my expenses in advance of the D. Will be meeting with child psychologist to discuss children (more on that in my thread). Most importantly, I will be telling the children frown . Of course, I am still working full time. I have many excuses right now to feel sorry for myself and to just abandon all DB principles.

So I have a lot going on - as much as anyone else here, I dare say. That is why I NEED to GAL. Now is not the time to abandon our GAL strategies. Now is precisely the time to GAL. I am SURE there are other like me out there right now. I have been by your threads. There is nary a smile to be found. I see a lot of people giving in (without mentioning names). Let's lift each other up. Let's support each other. Let's smile. Why would we give up on our most important asset - ourselves? Force yourself to put those shoes on and get going. This is my challenge - to myself and to you.

I will start you off: I ran 4.5 miles two days ago. I stocked up on protein/energy bars and am back in hydrating mode. I am going to make myself run today, weather permitting. If I don't then I will have to do some weight training.

What are YOU going to do today?

RAI

People! please please respond. If not for yourselves, then for RAI. I need to see it. Grassroots, baby.

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
C
C
Originally Posted By: RAI
What are YOU going to do today?

Today I am working however Saturday will be going to a 45th high school reunion, not mine just yet, mine will have to wait for 2 years.
Still it should be a great time!

Finished my class on Marriage in the Movies given for free on the internet.
Watched 11 movies for the class,
learned about the
Seven marriage problems listed as most realistic to least realistic in the movies.

1) Money
2) Infidelity
3) Inlaws & Children
4) Incompatibility
5) Class distinctions
6) Addictions
7) Murder

and I aced the final, of course it took 3 tries..... cool but who is counting.

Hope that provides you with some entertainment for today.

OOPS - I guess I was suppose to be running instead! confused

Last edited by Cadet; 06/25/15 01:48 PM.

Me-70, D37,S36
R
RAI Offline
R
Still fascinating (even though it is not running). I am surprised that addiction is so low on the list! I consider my WWs A to be an addiction.

Thanks for the entertainment. Good to see that someone is working on GAL.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
C
C
Originally Posted By: RAI
Still fascinating (even though it is not running). I am surprised that addiction is so low on the list! I consider my WWs A to be an addiction.

Affairs were considered as infidelity in the movies, which is #2.

Also surprisingly the movie code said concerning infidelity:
"Don't do it" -- "but if you want to do it, do it carefully."

Me-70, D37,S36
U
U
RAI - you've inspired me. I'm not a runner, but I am hopping on my bike and going to over-do an over-due initial ride laugh as I usually do and then tell everyone how awesome I feel. Going for 16 mi today (that's a lot for me and my old heavy bike).

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
R
RAI Offline
R
Quote:
Also surprisingly the movie code said concerning infidelity:
"Don't do it" -- "but if you want to do it, do it carefully."
depressing how blase the film industry treats it.

u-turn!
Now you're talking!!! Let's do this. Pass it on! I will hopefully have an update tomorrow.

Rock on!

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard