Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
N
N
Bob, just caught up on your threads and wanted to say congrats on how much you've grown since your first post. You are doing great, keep it up!

Me:36 H: 29
T: 4 years
M: 2 years
No kids
In-house sep 10/4/14
H moved out 1/2/15
Talk of D 4/9/15

"She's standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take" John Mayer
H
H
Nice to see you Bob.

Keep up the good work.

Was made a better person by DB'ers
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
All,

I will post more later. Thank you all so much for your suppport.

I'm having one of the busiest days at work in years. That's good...keeps my mind of my W.

But one thing....OMG...my text finally got delivered.

I'll post more a little later.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Since my post a little after 630 PM CT yesterday, Diesel, RD, Diana, NoleGrl and HeavyD have added your postings. What timing as I've had the day from HE double hockey sticks at work today. LOL Your thoughts, comments, encouragement and taking the time to post couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Diesel, thank you for checking in. How was the cold beer and cigar? I love your attitude.

RD, I am about as human as they come, and I did check my phone today twice, The last time is when I noticed my text finally got delivered. And you're welcome, I love trying to support everyone on this forum, and thank you for your support as well.

Diana, you are too kind but I'll humbly accept the compliment. I am so happy I could make you feel better, even if it was only for a few minutes. Don't we all need that?

NoleGrl, thank you for taking the time to catch up on my situation and for the nice complement and encouragement. You are awesome!

Heavy, when I noticed I had several new posts, I had a feeling you were one of the people who posted on my thread. Thank you for your time and encouragement, as always.

It took almost 3 full days, but just before my prior post I decided to check to see if my message got delivered (2nd time today). Since I am human, and it's been almost 3 days, i'm pretty proud of myself. I don't recall a time where my wife hasn't had her phone on for three days. But, there have been times were I haven't contacted her for close to two weeks, so who knows? The only reason I bring it up is I was beginning to wonder if she trashed the phone or was in the hospital.

You have my solemn word if I hear back from her I will post her text. If by some chance she calls me I will not answer and let it go to voicemail.

Meanwhile, i'm going to keep working on myself, staying active and try to make myself the type of guy that only a fool would leave. HeHeHe

I've written it before and I'm going to write it now: I don't know what I would do without such a loving supportive family on this forum.

I'll give you an update if and when I have one. I will also try to catch up on all your situations after work.

Love and peace to you all.

Bob

T
T
Hey Bob.

You've done so much. I am impressed. I'll send off a prayer for you. You've been lead here and trust that your road is being watched.

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: TenBook
Hey Bob.

You've done so much. I am impressed. I'll send off a prayer for you. You've been lead here and trust that your road is being watched.
Hi there TB,

Wow, you just made me smile -- big time. I appreciate the prayer, the time you took to check in on my situation and the encouragement.

I do feel as if I've been led here. I suppose we all have been, don't you think?

You are another person I can always count on. Thanks again, TenBook.

I would like to reciprocate and dedicate a prayer especially for you tonight.

What's the latest with you? I'll check your thread soon.

Take care.

Bob

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey All,

Well, it took my W 3 days to turn on her phone and read my text.

To refresh everyone's memory, this is exactly what I sent her Monday:

HiYa' W. I just wanted to check in with you, and ask how the follow-up doctor's visit went? I thought about you on that day. Hope you are doing better.

As I've been on this forum tonight, I heard my phone (in another room) receive a text. That was about 30 minutes ago. I didn't want to lose my momentum on this forum, so I kept posting. wink

Guess what? The text was from my W. Here it is exactly:

Bob - you need to call AT&T and pay the rest of the bill.

I do not know what to make of this. How hardened could a person's heart become? I know I should have had no expectations. But she didn't say anything about my question/nice comment. It's as if I never sent it. She does this so frequently, responds to a totally different subject. I find it so hurtful and manipulative.

This is how she has been since she left 6 months ago to live with her controlling Mom. I'm not being mean--it's true. My W used to say it about her, so did my W's siblings. The reason I bring up her Mom is my W is getting more and more emotionally distant as the text reply would indicate. My W can think for herself but she is heavily influenced by her Mom, be it positively or negatively.

Sandi, or any former WWs that might be reading this, what do you make of such behavior? Of course, all are welcome to respond! I need all the advcie I can get. I just think a former WW might have some insight into why my W acts like this. Maybe she truly is over me and has moved on. cry

I supppsoe she could be testing me. Trying to bait me into an argument. I don't want to give up on her or our M. But it's things like this that really start to make me wonder why I still love her so much.

Someone, please help!

Thank you.

Bob

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: Bob723
what do you make of such behavior?

Thanks for the good words on my post Bob.

I'll answer your question with a question: What do you call an elephant mixed with a rhinoceros and an elephant? Elephino.

And what's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

Those are my answers to you about what she meant.

I get it. I really do. My first three months post BD I analyzed everything she wrote, her choice of words (did she say "angry" or "upset"?!?!?!?).

Guess what, she's on her own journey and won't be coming back anytime soon. Time to take a few detachment pills.

I know it's not easy, and you may have to stew. But we here on DB care for you and can't play the obsessive game with you. We have to steer you straight.

Back to YOU. I am only reading your thread now, and though this is part three (so you might have done this on I & II) I haven't seen anything about what you are working on, your GAL, your 180s, your goals, your personal growth. It's too easy to get caught up in the soap opera and just report the latest gossip. Turn the soap off and let's hear more about what you're doing for you wink

Of course I am praying for you, sending you support, and mean those words with nothing but good wishes Bob!

Last edited by Zues126; 05/01/15 04:01 AM.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Zues126
what do you make of such behavior?

Thanks for the good words on my post Bob.

Of course I am praying for you, sending you support, and mean those words with nothing but good wishes Bob!
Zues,

You're very welcome! I was just posting on RealMe's thread commenting about your great advice to him. I know you mean the best. Where can I find those detachment pills? grin

You're 100% correct when you state, "I don't know and I don't care." I feel I've been getting better at that, but for some reason tonight's reply really hurt. I can't describe how good it felt to see that you posted and also gave really good advice.

I have listed 180s, GAL, personal growth in earlier posts. But it would be good to revisit. In brief, now, one of my biggest 180s is not pursuing my W. In terms of GAL, I attend a Divorce Support Group, I am hanging out with old friends and I go for long walks to name a few. Personal growth...I'll find the post where Mahhhty asked me about that and post it in this thread.

I have to admit, I'm getting really tired., so I'll be logging off for the night.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to help me.

I'll keep you in my prayers, too. That's a promise!

Bob

C
C
Maybe she truly is over me and has moved on. cry

I hate to tell you this but the WAS is over us at bomb drop.
Why do you think
we get bombed?

I hope you did not respond?

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard