Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just a little journaling...

In many threads, there is talk about how a certain song can bring tears to us, make us remember good times and smile, etc. What song do I hear on the radio coming home from work tonight? Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones. I'll be okay, but I did have tears in my eyes, especially this verse:

"I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you've decided to show me the same
No sweeping exit or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind
Wild horses couldn't drag me away"

I think those of you who have been following my sitch know why it brought tears to my eyes.

I still love my W so much. cry

I am not giving up hope, and will continue to work on myself and post here as often as I can.

I love you all out there!

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
F
F
Finally got caught up with all your threads Bob, for the most part it seems your doing well. Just have to watch the pressure you give off when texting and how often you want to text. I see from a few pages back it was stated you do have good reasons for texting W, just be careful not to deviate from those valid points into other matters. Keep it short and simple and focused on the health issues.

I found two more books I might be interested in reading going through your threads, so thanks smile

Keep moving forward.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
R
R
Hi Bob. Sorry your down but things could be worse. Your learning about yourself and changing for the best Re the song thing , my W"s ringtone for when she called me was Barry Whites , My first , my last , my everything !!!!! When it comes on the radio , I switch it off.

Just things to test us Bob. We will overcome my friend , we will

Take care and positives thoughts to you. Rd

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Fogg
Finally got caught up with all your threads Bob, for the most part it seems your doing well. Just have to watch the pressure you give off when texting and how often you want to text. I see from a few pages back it was stated you do have good reasons for texting W, just be careful not to deviate from those valid points into other matters. Keep it short and simple and focused on the health issues.

I found two more books I might be interested in reading going through your threads, so thanks smile

Keep moving forward.
Hello Fogg,

As always, great to hear from you! The last time my W and I had any contact was 2 Tuesdays ago, when she sent me a venom-filled text about our taxes. I just let it go. grin

You may remember that Wonka suggested I text her sometime next week to ask about her health. That is my plan. If, she happens to make contact with me (call--I'll let it go to VM or text) I'll post what she said here before responding.

I'm happy you noticed the 2 books, and are interested in them. I have to get them myself--soon.

Let's both keep moving forward, deal?

Take care Fogg.

Bob

R
R
I got a song for you Bob...

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. Especially the demo version where it's just him and the guitar.

I'm in the process of reading your thread my friend. I hope we're in touch soon. Keep your head up for the rest of the weekend.

Last edited by RealMe; 04/25/15 10:46 PM.

Separated and DB dropped 02/09/15

*I love you people.
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: rd500
Hi Bob. Sorry your down but things could be worse. Your learning about yourself and changing for the best Re the song thing , my W"s ringtone for when she called me was Barry Whites , My first , my last , my everything !!!!! When it comes on the radio , I switch it off.

Just things to test us Bob. We will overcome my friend , we will

Take care and positives thoughts to you. Rd
Hi Rd!

Thanks so much for checking in with me! smile

I never thought of it that way -- things to test us. Hmmm....I think you are right. Next time I hear it, I will turn off the radio or switch to another station.

Also, thank you for the kind words of encouragement. They really help. I have and still am learning about myself. Again, you are right!

I'll take the positive thoughts and also send them your way, my friend.

We'll catch up later. Take care of yourself, please.

Bob

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: RealMe
I got a song for you Bob...

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison. Especially the demo version where it's just him and the guitar.

I'm in the process of reading your thread my friend. I hope we're in touch soon. Keep your head up for the rest of the weekend.
Hi RealMe,

Thank you, that is a very good song to keep in mind! Thank you for trying to catch up on my sitch. There are a lot of posts out there.

As I mentioned in someone else's thread (Diana's?) I think you are making good progress and it's good to get involved in other people's situations, it will help you, too.

Keep a stiff upper lip RealMe, we'll get thru this together.

Your friend,

Bob

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
A little journaling and a request for advice...

2 weeks ago today (Sunday) my W called to discuss our taxes and a few other D-related matters. The next Tuesday she sent me a venom-filled text about our tazes, which I never responded to. Neither one of us has contacted the other since. I've been tempted to, but took Wonka's advice to go into NC for a while.

I realize I mentioned the nasty text from her just yesterday, but it's getting close to the time Wonka suggested I send my W a brief text asking her about her health, and I agree.

I saw a posting by Toots today where she mentioned to someone that his W reminded her of her H. I am paraprhasing: Things seemed to be okay but it turned out Toots' H was internalizing what upset him and the resentment built. That's my W exactly!

Wonka, if you read this soon, please give me some idea as to how I should ask. If I simply ask her, "How are you feeling?" I'm afraid she will start with her health issues and then find a way to "slam" me by saying how much she hates me for our M getting to this point. I know...hate is better than apathy. I just don't want to blow this one.

Sandi mentions that women respect a man who shows no fear of his WW -- that she must see him standing tall and firm. Yet, here I am asking for advice on how to send what should be a simple text. Of course, she doesn't know this, and by not contacting her for at least 2 weeks now, I think she may be seeing a 180 on my part and hopefully, that I am getting stronger.

If you have read any of my posts from the last week or so, I truly do feel like I'm starting to finally understand how DB works and feel mentally stronger.

I still love her and miss her so much even though she pins all of this on me. I know I am not all to blame. That is never the case in any relationship breakup.

Happy Sunday All!

Bob

R
R
Of course she sees the 180 Bob. She feels it. Your actions are speaking louder than your words.

Separated and DB dropped 02/09/15

*I love you people.
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: RealMe
Of course she sees the 180 Bob. She feels it. Your actions are speaking louder than your words.
Hello RealMe,

Thank you so VERY much for your encouragement. I know you are going thru a very rough time. Thanks also for taking the time to check in on my sitch.

I'll check on you in a few minutes, my friend.

Bob

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard