Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
Thanks, folks. Our community threads down here are confusing, even to me now. LOL.

I have D18 with me at work today. I know it's take your child to work day, but I'm doing it out of laziness. She has an ultrasound and a kidney doctor appointment, and I don't feel like driving around today. She makes me smile, 'cause she's watching movies on her iPad and giggling. It's a good day to have that around.

Take care, everyone.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Giggles are good. We all need that. I wish Ryan was home giggling with me today too.

You - ENJOY!

Barb

B
B
So apparently my fiancé's ex-H is starting to have a meltdown now that he see's her definitely moving on. He's now having second thoughts on his decision to not want her in his life and is fearful that he is going to lose his kids to another man, even though she has told him that I'm not interested nor do I have any intention of replacing him as their father. I don't see myself even as a stepfather since they are almost grown adults. I think of myself instead as a positive calm and responsible adult role model for them.

The fact that we are now engaged and within a month of moving in together has freaked him out. To my fiancé's benefit she has said that he is just going to have to get used to it because there is no going back and she has never been happier in her life. I will never understand why he wasn't satisfied with her in the first place. I have been around this woman for 18 months now and she is the sweetest, kindest and considerate woman I have ever met. From what she has told me, he is a grumpy and "my way or the highway" type of guy. I think he's just foolish for having let a good thing go and I think it's taken him this long to realize it.

Well enough of my rant. At least it's Friday. :-)

BA

C
C
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain
I think he's just foolish for having let a good thing go and I think it's taken him this long to realize it.

Isn't this part of the script?

Sounds like you have handled it well.

Me-70, D37,S36
OP Offline
Wow, BA, did this come out of left field? How long have they been divorced?

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Trust me, BA...it's not unusual for them to have this type of behaviour when they know the ex is moving on. Mine used to call me when I was on a date to tell me that I was neglecting my children...blah blah blah. They don't want you but they don't want anyone else to want you either! Mine died down, hers will too.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Thanks Cadet for the validation.

Bets - Yes this has just happened in the last week. They have been separated since early 2012 and their divorce was final a year later. She first shared with him that she was seeing me approximately a year ago and he was nothing but supportive up until now. He himself has had a girlfriend for quite awhile, but I have the sneaky suspicion that his relationship with her has either soured or ended. She moved up to New York a few months ago and they have been trying to do the long distance thing.

Wii - Yes I agree in that I think some of the "I don't want you but I don't want anyone else to want you" mentality is at play here as well.

Overall this isn't a huge issue for me. My concern is more for the pressure (or guilt) he may put on my fiancé's kids (and the stress it would put on her) - as he has already done a couple of things to try and manipulate the situation with them.

BA

OP Offline
Quote:
Yes I agree in that I think some of the "I don't want you but I don't want anyone else to want you" mentality is at play here as well.

Ugh. Hopefully, Carol isn't conflicted by this at all now?

Albert Einstein
B
B
Hey Bets - No Carol is fine. In fact she sent me the following text earlier today when discussing his behavior saying (and I quote with her emphasis): "I had happy moments with ex-H, but with you I am ALWAYS happy. You are my soul mate."

She is not interested in reconnecting with him at all. She just wants him to be happy in his new life and not create any drama or tension for her kids, or us.

BA

R
R
BA about 2 months ago my exw sent my now W 2 FB friend request. They dont know each other and we havent communicated or seeing each other in 3 years. I dont know why they do what they do. Dont let it interfere.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis