Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, Job.

The kids have a very active weekend in totally opposite directions so the OW and X are going to have to part ways this weekend. I don't even know now if I will be open to helping out even if X does ask. Which he won't. He is too proud.

I also know him well enough to know that it won't last because he'll need something from me before too long and he'll be back to being nice or nice as he can be.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
W
W
WH,

There's a Cheshire Cat smile on my face....your XH is a piece of work. I love the fact that you did your homework and stuck to your guns.

Well done! smile ]

Of course...he's the one with a raspberry beret!! smirk

Last edited by Wonka; 04/17/15 03:24 AM.
WH

I wish and hope you have GAL plans for this weekend, since it seems you are kids free.

So tell us what you doing? Are you just enjoying a day with your BF:)

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks all. BF and I ran errands all weekend and worked on fixing up his place. I think living together is a go. I've thought a lot about it and I think this is the right decision. It will also help us both financially so we can pay down debt and get where we want financially.

So X is in contempt. I wanted to wait and see how the events played out this weekend before I wrote my letter to the court. Sure enough OW was dumb enough to sign D's school notebook on Wednesday, so now I have documentation that H never let me have the kids Wednesday. I will make copies of that along with the email trail and texts and compose my letter to the court. Of course I will let my attorney review it first.

When I picked up D tonight X was unusually quiet. Seemed angry. Of course. I remained upbeat and calm which i am sure he wasn't expecting. His fashion sense hasn't improved since he answered the door wearing shorts and black dress socks. Ugh

On the way home the kids told me how OW's kids get preferencial treatment. My kids have to share their stuff but her kids don't have to share theirs. My kids get blamed for stuff and their dad and OW defend the other kids. My son verified this story. Nothing I can do about it but it makes me sick. I just told them I was sorry they had to endure that and if they felt they were being treated unfairly they needed to stand up and tell their dad. Not that he will do anything about it but they need to stand up for what is fair.

X and OW think they are untouchable. they think they are doing nothing wrong. I guess I need to be the one to point out how wrong they are.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
OP Offline
W
Oops forgot to mention that X took S's phone because X was mad that S was texting me and not OW. So he took away our only way of communicating. I'll be getting S a phone myself.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
W
Isn't that parental alienation right there?! I am sure the Court would frown on that one...taking away the phone.

W
OP Offline
W
Well we shall find out once my contempt papers are signed. We will see what the judge has to say.

X called today to tell me he signed S up for soccer camp and the kids up for summer camp as well as D is signed up for swimming. I told him, you know X, I can pay for some of these things too. He explained he had recently received a bonus and didn't want to exchange cash so he would just rather pay for all these things. So he is making more money at his job and just covering more variable expenses so he doesn't have to give me money. Ugh.

He also asked me about my intent of putting D in daycare next fall. I explained that since S was going into high school and had soccer practice every day after school I needed someone to watch D. He asked me if I was taking on those expenses by myself because he wasn't paying half my daycare bill. I said technically X, you are responsible for 1/2 of it. He said he wouldn't pay it and if I was (again) going to be difficult, he would take me back to court and have the courts change it. I said if you feel the need to do that X, just go right ahead.

I am sure the judge won't look too fondly upon him refusing to pay and threatening me about it. The judge also won't like the fact X is hindering my communication and interaction with the kids if I disagree with him. He probably thinks he can have the judge make me send the kids to his place after school so OW can watch them. Over my dead body.

He also mentioned he didn't want a scene like what we went through with the Right of First Refusal. I said just so you know, you are still wrong about that. He said he wasn't and I ended the conversation.

I guess we will see who is right and who is wrong.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
wh,
Shouldn't your xh be communicating w/you and discussing these camps that he's signing the kids up for? Both of you should be splitting the costs for those camps down the middle. I know that you are willing to pay your share of expenses...but something isn't right about this scenario.

Maybe he thinks that if he pays for the camps, then you should be paying for the sitter, which could eat up a chunk of change next year.

I think you may want to document this discussion and keep it handy because I think you are going to be put in the hot seat over finances for the kids.

I still don't trust him one iota.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Job

We enroll the kids in this summer camp every year as well as D's swim. So I knew those costs were coming. As far as S's soccer camp he called to make sure I hadn't paid it yet.

He has to pay me 10% of any monies he makes over his base pay. Last year's W2 shows he made over $10,000 in bonuses and overtime so he owes me 10% of that or $1000. Instead of paying me the $1000 he takes on more bills like soccer camp and various fees and cell phones. He doesn't want to "exchange cash". His cash flow is limited as we all know. He has been taking on a lot more variable items lately so I knew something was up. The last time we exchanged variable expenses he still ended up owing me $100 so that tells you something right there.

I already documented this conversation with the attorney. I'll mention it in court if I get the chance.

I am also mentioning to the judge how if X dangles the kids in front of me like a carrot for incentive to do what he wants me to do.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
OP Offline
W
PS I don't trust him either. And he can't come back at me for past expenses because we sign off every quarter.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard