Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
gan Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
gan - re checking for posts: It may be something to do with the co-dependent thing. Am I looking for validation from others because I'm not completely comfortable within myself?

Maybe. Or may just be you are just looking for any kind of connection with others during a rough time in your life. I think it is pretty natural to want that

Community (definition): a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

Here's a tip - if you look and no one has posted on your thread, post on someone else's. The more you check in with others, the more others will check in with you.

Let us know how the CoDa meetings go. I'm curious...

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
V
V
Or maybe it's because you come across as a truly loving guy with a sense of humour?

Who posts back.

Acknowledges posters, is polite and enjoys a thread party?

Or maybe because we empathise and you listen, even if you don't always agree.

You post regularly, are in a tough spot, say what's on your mind.

You Ceroc and like music.

So OD what's not to like?

V

PS you shop at Lidls, says cheeeeeese, know the best ale houses near Euston and have a red convertible

Last edited by Vanilla; 04/27/15 10:18 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
G
Hey od,

We'll see your paying it forward i didn't know what lidl was, like Aldi. For us.

I bought air tools and stuff last week, fine the deadly specials Isle.
I've been a bit mia, although on line chatting to a bloke supposely a date, but boy he needs some help. Ms fix it has been out of duck tape.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Maybell - yes, I think I am getting there. I know I am impatient and like everyone would prefer the silver bullet but when I talk to my IC for instance, I can see progress. (Almost) moving out has helped. I no longer see, nor talk to WW, so removing those triggers has helped. I still feel righteous anger when I think of her behaviour. I believe anger can be good for motivation, but probably not righteous anger, I reckon that is destructive, but I'm not there yet.

As for re-reading your Autumn :-) posts, crikey, when would I get time to do that with all my GAL? I did read it the first time round. Your posts are a constant for me but you write too much for me to keep up :-)

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Vanilla - Of course the car is fixable, it's a machine. Yes and it's haveing it's service and being fixed as I type. Collecting it after work and driving back to the flat with the top down. Woohoo!

Toots - I saw Toots saying too much GAL on your last thread. pleeeease is there any such thing? (Vanilla) Yoga and Ceroc combo Toots. That would be awesome.

gan - Here's a tip - if you look and no one has posted on your thread, post on someone else's. The more you check in with others, the more others will check in with you. Yes, but there aren't enough hours in the day. Not when you have to keep up with V & Maybell's threads ;-)

Vanilla again - Or maybe it's because you come across as a truly loving guy with a sense of humour? ... That is so sweet. What's the emoticaon for blushes like a girl?

Ggrass - Lidl & Aldi are pretty much interchanegable I reckon. Air tools. Oh Gg, where have you been all my life? Lovin' the Deadly Specials Isle as opposed to aisle ;-) Is it a South Sea Island? As long as it's not overun with brown snakes.

And ... Leroc tonight. Ain't gonna blame it on aything but the boogie.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Wahey! We had guest dance instructors last night and we learnt a spot of tango.

Some of the regulars found it a little uncomfortable to be so close and a couple even sat it out. Me, I threw my self into it ... had to apologise and promise not to get too excited again :-)

----------

Just got a text from WW.

Sorry about Millwall* :-(
Green bin's been emptied :-)

*Millwall, my team, just got relegated.

I just don't want to hear from her, I don't want to reply.

I have been trying to get the council to empty the green bin for about 6 months though.

Should I ignore it, just say "thanks" to cover both statements and that's it or something else like "stop trying to be friends, I hate you guts, but thanks for letting me know about the green bin".

EA Aug 2014 I think
C
C
I think just thanks would be fine.

Me-70, D37,S36
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Yes, that's what I thought.

The third option was tongue in cheek by the way, just in case it didn't come over in text.

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
gan Offline
G
I trust you know the answer to that one OD.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Oh great. WW just texted me with news that our tenants are moving out in early June.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard