Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2559074 04/20/15 04:48 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Friends!

I hardly ever come on here anymore. I have found myself in such a nice and different place. Work is good. Life is good.

I met someone nice, we are dating. He is the right kind of guy for me. He likes to talk, his world isn't centered around the TV and we are very compatible in our views. He was so smitten with me the first week we were dating he wrote me a poem. And he has a fun side. One day we communicated by text mostly in lines from songs.

I am trying to take things slow, because we all know things are not always as they seem. He lives in another state, was here on business when I met him. Fortunately he has to keep coming back for the project he is working on.

My X and I don't talk much anymore. I did help him work on the boat two weekends in a row. I was supposed to get a fishing trip out of it, but I got sick and the boat broke, AGAIN!

I hope everyone had a fun weekend!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
job Offline
Wendy,
I'm glad you came back and posted an update. Sounds like life is good for you these days.

Isn't it nice to meet someone who is interested in life, i.e., rather then sitting in front of a TV? I'm glad things are working out and that you are taking things slowly.

As for your xh, he lost the prize of his life. What a fool. I'm sorry you didn't get your fishing trip in before the boat broke again, but maybe that trip wasn't meant to be.

Please take care of yourself.

Aloha!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Hello Wendy!

So nice to see you post & hear your update. Josh, Ashley & I often mention you & fondly remember the wonderful evening we spent at your place. It stays in the heart.

How nice to hear that you have met someone nice & that it is going well. Long distance relationships can be difficult (I had 2) but there are also some advantages. You still have lots of time to do your own thing and are forced to take things slow. Over time you can make decisions if you want to be together more.

Wishing you the best in this ever changing life.

Barb

K
kml Offline
K
Sounds awesome, Wen!

Quote:
He lives in another state, was here on business when I met him. Fortunately he has to keep coming back for the project he is working on.

Just one word of caution though - put your Sherlock Holmes hat on and make SURE this guy isn't married or in a relationship already. With the internet these days that should be pretty easy to do. Does he use Facebook? Are you FB friends? Does it seem like a real FB page that gets used, or a dummy setup? I think you could even search public filings online to verify whatever he has told you about past marriages etc. I know it sounds paranoid but the business traveler is a setup for this kind of deception, so just do your homework.

S
S
Agree with everything Ellie has suggested. At this point - wouldn't want to see you get hurt.
Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks friends!

Yes, I have been checking out his stories, so far everything has been true. We are planning a trip together, nothing like the stress of traveling to bring out both our true selves.....

I continue to unpack random boxes of stuff and put my house into the shape I want it. I also bought a little junker truck as a back-up to my cute little electric car. I am planning some trips to the flea market. And doing a little renovation at my house. It is better to have my own truck than to depend on borrowing/renting trucks.

Aloha Friends!

Wendy

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
K
kml Offline
K
Was in Maui last week and thought of you every time I saw stand up paddleboarders wink (no I didn't try it but I did get to go outrigger canoeing).

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard