Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
W
Winhamn Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I was hoping to make this a new thread so it'd get some more traffic, since I'm asking a specific question. Would that be ok Cadet?

Me: 35 Her (WAW): 34
D8, S5, D2
T:16, M:9
BD + D: 4/3/2015
EA Confirmed 5/6/2015
Separation under the same roof
C
C
Stay in the house. Once you're out, you never know when (if) you'll be able to get back in.

M:32,H 32
T:10, M5
BD/H Move Out: 9/2014 - extreme anger
H Mental Illness Diagnosis: 4/15
Served D Papers: 10/15
Divorced: 11/15
C
C
Originally Posted By: Winhamn
I was hoping to make this a new thread so it'd get some more traffic, since I'm asking a specific question. Would that be ok Cadet?

My suggestion is to keep one thread until you get to 100 posts and then start another one,
the problem with multiple threads is that it is more confusing later on when you try to read someones thread.

This is part of your thought process, and your story.

You can change the title in the middle of your thread if you want to.

If you are not getting enough traffic another thread is not going to get you more traffic, more likely more confusion.

I have made some posts about how to get more people on your thread, I can post it here if you would like.

Hope that makes sense.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
I agree with Calibri. If your W is no longer happy to remain together in your home, she can make plans to leave...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
W
Originally Posted By: Cadet

My suggestion is to keep one thread until you get to 100 posts and then start another one,
the problem with multiple threads is that it is more confusing later on when you try to read someones thread.

This is part of your thought process, and your story.

You can change the title in the middle of your thread if you want to.

If you are not getting enough traffic another thread is not going to get you more traffic, more likely more confusion.

I have made some posts about how to get more people on your thread, I can post it here if you would like.

Hope that makes sense.

Winhamm...you know the saying, "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours"? That is what you need to do to get traffic back here in your own thread is by visting other people's threads that resonates with you. Even if just to say, "hi, I'm here to offer support."

W
Winhamn Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I find myself heavily triggered when visiting other threads, so I tend to stay away.

D8, S5, D2
EA Confirmed 5/6/2015
W
W
Winhamm,

I find myself heavily triggered when visiting other threads, so I tend to stay away.

I would hope for your sake that you work through them. We've found that posting on other threads helps us because we learn more about other people's situations and experiences. We grow and learn from them. You just cannot keep your blinders on forever and pretend that those problems don't exist.

This is a community of like-minded people who care and support one another. Reaching out will help you a long way.

Last edited by Wonka; 04/20/15 08:49 PM.
S
S
What they say about visiting other people's threads is true. There are some wonderful people on these boards that are full of inspiration and strength. Don't be a stranger to others, and they won't be to you. Mahhhty gets on me whenever I'm gone for too long. Often I'll think of providing an update to log in and find, that very same day, a post from him asking what's new.

You will be triggered. Everything from your old life will trigger you. Everything you read about these WAW or infidelity or divorce will trigger you. Learn to accept it and work through the triggering. Once you do that you will find yourself growing stronger. Don't be afraid!

M: 8.5 T:10
Me:37 W:34 S:6

Retrouvaille and W moves back- 7/31/15
Piecing - 7/4/15 to present
M
M
Can you describe your M history? You never really explained what your M was like before. What were the causes that made you withdraw? How did you treat her? The more detailed you are the better.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
W
Winhamn Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Felt like I had been doing alright the last few days. Last night I sent out a request for fundraising to my contacts, and for some reason I got really emotional when my company CEO responded back. I told him last week about the divorce.

Then I got into work to find an email from my wife trying to gentle put in place a custodial arrangement while we live together but are separated. She even was asking me to leave the house for periods of time when she "has the kids". She wants to start "getting a feel for when we don't live together". It's got me feeling panic, the tightness in my chest, and anxiety.

I feel like I'm on such a roller coaster right now.

D8, S5, D2
EA Confirmed 5/6/2015
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard